• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video of the March Xbox One Update

Still boggles my mind that it didn't ship like this.

Good that they're adding it though.

If previous gen is any indication, Xbox One is going to get a lot of software/feature updates over its lifespan.

IRQ

Banned
Thanks OP :)

Edit:

Finally, Recent players :D :D

I do thou miss the guide button :(

Is it me? Or does that looks much smoother?

malfcn

Looks good. Most of that should have been there Day One.

Also, on the home experience, the social box will say "X Online/Broadcasting"
That should make it easy to allow you to find friends streaming to Twitch.

Spades

Friends list looks a million times better.

I know it's just making it more similar to the 360, but it's great to see MS reacting to feedback like this.

Yoda

PS4 launched sooner than expected, simple.

Not really they had from Feb to the holiday's to know that it was launching. Even if you buy the argument they only knew since Feb, the Orbis dev kits had been turning out in droves at least a year+ before that. If it was a major feature like their TV tuner I'd buy it wasn't ready for launch. But really party chat?

RedAssedApe

Banned
Nice. Looks better. Hopefully it's just as simple as on the 360 if not better. Hard to tell just in videos since I'm not overly familiar with the ui yet.

Not really they had from Feb to the holiday's to know that it was launching. Even if you buy the argument they only knew since Feb, the Orbis dev kits had been turning out in droves at least a year+ before that. If it was a major feature like their TV tuner I'd buy it wasn't ready for launch. But really party chat?

Well if I recall correctly they had problems with the party chat and it was ripped out before launch.

watership

They sorta had to change how the console worked in June. That probably stole cycles away from features and getting the it ready.

IRQ

Banned
Nah, not friends. I mean, I don't have over 100 friends but I can imagine someone with over a couple hundred really getting annoyed with that.

Yeah, LOL.

But what about if you could remove the notifications sound from friends signing in? Just a pop up with no sounds :D

see5harp

Much needed changes. I still want a one button press to invite friends from the list. I'm not sure that's ever coming though :(

IRQ

Banned
That does not excuse a bedrock feature of their last console being gone from their new one.

Agreed. I think MS launched to early (wasn't fully ready). Each 360 feature should have been on X1 from day one and refined. Glad they are doing something about it.

The Lamp

I have to give Microsoft props. They get scared shitless quickly and sure know how to get off their ass and sink money into trying to figure out how to make their mistakes right. This is a good step.

That looks damn good! Good on MS for getting this out there...and Damn CBoat..what happened??

Im completely convinced theyve taken over the Buttock's account and are discrediting his name...theres no way he could get this so completely wrong...

Ape

Banned
I can't believe how much better that looks. Great job on both the friends list and the party chat update.

I really think that there should be an option to have a notification for when a friend jumps online. I miss that on the XB1.

MS is doing a great job with post launch updates.

You have to give it up to MS, they have their priorities straight. I don't think it will turn into a sales win but it doesn't hurt customer satisfaction.

Top Bottom