• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video of the March Xbox One Update

Wizman23

Banned
I see people are still discrediting the Respawn devs who more or less called CBOAT's claims complete BS. Can't wait until March 11th when he is gone for good.

Dude in the video said:
Our data and research showed that the majority of people were going to "friends" to see the online status of their friends.

I think you meant to say your common sense told you that. I'll never understand how you thought otherwise.

Also, while you're at it please pass along this surprising new data to the dopes who made your mobile app, because it's got all the same stupid ideas all over it, and they're still not fixed.

VanWinkle

I see people are still discrediting the Respawn devs who more or less called CBOAT's claims complete BS. Can't wait until March 11th when he is gone for good.

Why do you care so much? He's been right about plenty of things, too, before this whole Titanfall thing that didn't seem right to anybody.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Looks good!

Oh, and I guess cboat will be banned after all :(
This wasn't the part he would get in trouble over. Though, it certainly doesn't help his case. It's the Alpha textures and 720p both on Titanfall things that he doubled down on. Makes me sad.

The party system looks really really good. And by looks, I mean aesthetically. It looks so good. One of those things that I could just gaze at for a while.

New to the whole Xbone experience, but did they plan on having voice messages anytime soon? As much as I don't mind using my wireless USB keyboard, it would be better for me to be able to leave a voice message for some friends ala 360.

Also, is there anyway to make it so something pops up when a friend gets on?

I searched around, but my GoogleFu is strangely weak in this arena.

Miles X

I was just saying, every couple months they have an update. I don't know anything.

I imagine their focus will be solely E3 as soon as Titanfall ships. We'll hear about new updates at E3 that will come out in the fall sometime.

Wait are you guys saying the Party Chat is only to Titanfall? It is not the native?

No they're saying the opposite, which discredits CBOAT.

No they're saying the opposite, which discredits CBOAT.
No it's universal. CBOAT claimed TF would have a special party chat system in game because MS couldn't get this one working in time. He was clearly wrong.

Nope. CBOAT said IF (the operative word) MS can't ship the party chat in time for launch, Respawn would implement their own party chat system that would override the built in One chat, kicking people out of One parties when starting TF. He said no more and no less.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
No it's universal. CBOAT claimed TF would have a special party chat system in game because MS couldn't get this one working in time. He was clearly wrong.

Or maybe he was right and this is just damage control from MS, who are frantically trying to get their chat system working by Titanfall and faked this vid. :O

...ah heck, it's all over, isn't it. Goodbye, cboat. ;_;

VanWinkle

I wish PS4 would get an update of this level. Not that it's HUGE or anything, but it's certainly much more substantial than any of PS4's updates thus far.

He didn't claim it would. He said that he hoped the SDK would be ready so they wouldn't have to do that.

Nope. CBOAT said IF (the operative word) MS can't ship the party chat in time for launch, Respawn would implement their own party chat system that would override the built in One chat, kicking people out of One parties when starting TF. He said no more and no less.

That is a non statement then. I can make "predictions" like that.

hwalker84

Thankful for the updates in the experience, but how did they not do a lot of this by default?

-Automatically turn on party chat: thank goodness they've added this. Nothing like starting a party, inviting a few friends, closing the party window and not being able to talk to or hear anyone because you're NOT IN THE PARTY CHAT BY DEFAULT.

-Favorites at the top of friends: good. Glad they prioritized people that you've said "this person is more important to me than my other friends".

-Recent player list: glad they've brought it back.

All in all, this seems like stuff that should have been available at launch. I'm still getting used to finding things on XBox One, things that made sense on the 360 that were just removed when they launched the XB1. I still think the UI on the 360 is better than XB1's, but these additions make it a little easier to swallow.

I played Mass Effect 3 yesterday on 360, and it was nice to press the XBox jewel button and have everything I could want to access right there. On XB1 it seems that jewel button just brings more confusion when all I want to do is see my friends list. My friends list was right beneath the main window when I started the game, now it's off to the right? Now it's no longer there because I haven't visited it recently?

I know that this can all be remedied by plugging in Kinect, but sometimes I don't want my Kinect on and just want to be able to easily find and access things like I could on my 360.
It's always on the left side.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
I wish PS4 would get an update of this level. Not that it's HUGE or anything, but it's certainly much more substantial than any of PS4's updates thus far.

Not heard many complaints about the O/S since a few weeks after launch though, maybe they don't need to.

gaming_noob

Or maybe he was right and this is just damage control from MS, who are frantically trying to get their chat system working by Titanfall and faked this vid. :O

...ah heck, it's all over, isn't it. Goodbye, cboat. ;_;

He should be alright.... But he should at least explain why he's been such a party pooper the last few times he's "leaked" some news; why it has to be right after some positive news.

hwalker84

Looks fantastic. Now in April please get the External Hard Drive support going. After Titanfall and Plants Vs Zombies I'm at 40% available.

TeRey09

Good to see a recent players list back again!

Cboat? Sound the alarm!

tumblr_inline_mhis0waQDy1qz4rgp.gif

UnsteadyHelplessBluet.gif

Zyae

Point out where he said IF, please

I personally feel, in my opinion, Microsoft should hug and thank Respawn for all the input to help make the Xbox One a better system, or at least putting the pressure in some way on Microsoft to get some of the updates out. I dont think it is any coincidence that the Xbox One March Update is coming just before Titanfall.

We have Game Streaming, Better Controller Input, more CPU Speed, a better scaler. It's almost like Respawn should have been in charge of building the Xbox One, not Microsoft.

I personally feel, in my opinion, Microsoft should hug and thank Respawn for all the input to help make the Xbox One a better system, or at least putting the pressure in some way on Microsoft to get some of the updates out. I dont think it is any coincidence that the Xbox One March Update is coming just before Titanfall.

We have Game Streaming, Better Controller Input, more CPU Speed, a better scaler. It's almost like Respawn should have been in charge of building the Xbox One, not Microsoft.

Which begs the question, who was exactly making the console at MS. Did they not understand what making a console is all about ?

Ape

Banned
There is a lot of empty space under the gamer pic on the "home" area of the XB1. I think they could do something with that area.

Kinyou

Very true, but also surprising that MS cared so much about their input

ZeroAlpha

Banned

I have to agree with you, they feel somewhat like epic was for the 360.

Top Bottom