• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video of the March Xbox One Update

IRQ

Banned
That looks damn good! Good on MS for getting this out there...and Damn CBoat..what happened??

Im completely convinced theyve taken over the Buttock's account and are discrediting his name...theres no way he could get this so completely wrong...

lol. This theory again.
Or maybe someone has been feeding him the wrong info?

E92 M3

I am happy to see the software progress MS has been making. It's just rather sad they didn't look at the 360 initially -- it did a lot right. Nonetheless, hopefully MS continues full steam ahead.

Dandalf

Neo Member
Thankful for the updates in the experience, but how did they not do a lot of this by default?

-Automatically turn on party chat: thank goodness they've added this. Nothing like starting a party, inviting a few friends, closing the party window and not being able to talk to or hear anyone because you're NOT IN THE PARTY CHAT BY DEFAULT.

-Favorites at the top of friends: good. Glad they prioritized people that you've said "this person is more important to me than my other friends".

-Recent player list: glad they've brought it back.

All in all, this seems like stuff that should have been available at launch. I'm still getting used to finding things on XBox One, things that made sense on the 360 that were just removed when they launched the XB1. I still think the UI on the 360 is better than XB1's, but these additions make it a little easier to swallow.

I played Mass Effect 3 yesterday on 360, and it was nice to press the XBox jewel button and have everything I could want to access right there. On XB1 it seems that jewel button just brings more confusion when all I want to do is see my friends list. My friends list was right beneath the main window when I started the game, now it's off to the right? Now it's no longer there because I haven't visited it recently?

I know that this can all be remedied by plugging in Kinect, but sometimes I don't want my Kinect on and just want to be able to easily find and access things like I could on my 360.

Fuchsdh

Still boggles my mind that it didn't ship like this.

Good that they're adding it though.

If previous gen is any indication, Xbox One is going to get a lot of software/feature updates over its lifespan.

Sucks that that's become the default method now, shipping half baked features on both consoles, but I guess on balance I'd rather have the consoles mature piecemeal than get stuck with what they ship. Launch 360 to now is crazy different, PS3 I feel like stuck to its (occasionally infuriating) UI guns but did a lot under the hood too.

mjc

Full of shit about what? This video has nothing to do with Titanfall resolution or texture quality.

He said that Titanfall was going to use completely private chat servers, as in you won't be able to use the party chat system.

Sweet! I got a code to be in the March update preview last night. Looking forward to checking out the new party/friends chat system tonight.

see5harp

To be fair to the comments about the party system being broken, it never really was broken for me or it never seemed like it was a back end issue. The issue was with some of the crazy automatic stuff that happened with specific games. My other issue is with how holding the guide button takes you to the notification instead of the app. It should launch the app same as if you press the guide button after an app is finished downloading/installing.

IRQ

Banned
Full of shit about what? This video has nothing to do with Titanfall resolution or texture quality.

I think he was talking about the party chat system.

So even when someone from respawn already debunked those rumours we still bring it up?

tickling

Banned
I do think cboat was fed wrong info to flush him out so you may want to start a collection for him.

On the update glad they have listening.

see5harp

I think he was talking about the party chat system.

So even when someone from respawn already debunked those rumours we still bring it up?

Even before that though he said something about the party system being broken and that the fix was a long ways away. I've seen guys like Mortimer bring this up, but nothing they said matched up with my experiences with party chat and this was before the new round of Titanfall rumors.

Caayn

Looks really nice. Thank god that the activity feed isn't the default screen anymore.

Any news if the friends system has been revamped to have actual friend invites and notifications?

RulkezX

Very nice. So much for "It may take up to a year HOLY CRAP..." lol

If you are referencing Mortimer then he in no way claimed this update wouldn't happen, what he did claim was that the party and friends stuff was being re-written to work at the OS level rather than everything being a fucking app.

I personally hope he was right and it still comes because this update is simply a a band-aid fix.

Sony really want to pay attention about how communicative MS have been since launch as well , console gripes aside the xbox wire stuff and the likes of Phil Spencer have been great over the last couple of months.

Banned
Good to see a recent players list back again!

Cboat? Sound the alarm!

tumblr_inline_mhis0waQDy1qz4rgp.gif

That looks damn good! Good on MS for getting this out there...and Damn CBoat..what happened??

Im completely convinced theyve taken over the Buttock's account and are discrediting his name...theres no way he could get this so completely wrong...

Oh boy haha. Conspiracy time.

PhatSaqs

Banned
If you are referencing Mortimer then he in no way claimed this update wouldn't happen, what he did claim was that the party and friends stuff was being re-written to work at the OS level rather than everything being a fucking app.
What I quoted is exactly what he reported as rumor/what a "developer" said to him. He added the "HOLY CRAP" himself.
I'm not calling the dude out. Just continually think its funny when the shit that our "insiders" report on blows up.

see5harp

I personally hope he was right and it still comes because this update is simply a a band-aid fix.

Sony really want to pay attention about how communicative MS have been since launch as well , console gripes aside the xbox wire stuff and the likes of Phil Spencer have been great over the last couple of months.

The "works at the OS level" stuff was so vague though. Nothing about the party chat being an app has anything to do with the front end fixes that have occured. The issues are not with getting into chat and speaking to other people.

x-Lundz-x

I wont quote all you guys responding but technically he did not say the party chat system would not be ready, what he did say was that once in game that it would take you into it's own party system which this video still does nothing to disprove that if that is the case.

ethomaz

Banned
I'm happy they are stating to fix these things... I had a PS4 and my roommate a Xone and comparing the OS only we are like:

PS4: Way better than PS3
Xbone: Step back from 360.

And yeap... in terms of UI 360 was better than PS3... but Xbone was the worst.

Some little more enhancements and the Party Chat will be good again like it was on 360... I will ask to MS give up with the Metro interface but I think that is too much.

Dunlop

I wont quote all you guys responding but technically he did not say the party chat system would not be ready, what he did say was that once in game that it would take you into it's own party system which this video still does nothing to disprove that if that is the case.

I could be wrong as I forgot my earphones and need to watch this with no volume at work...but doesn't the id show multiple times gameplay of TitanFall with the new Xbox party system at the same time?

Top Bottom