• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video of the March Xbox One Update

I personally feel, in my opinion, Microsoft should hug and thank Respawn for all the input to help make the Xbox One a better system, or at least putting the pressure in some way on Microsoft to get some of the updates out. I dont think it is any coincidence that the Xbox One March Update is coming just before Titanfall.

We have Game Streaming, Better Controller Input, more CPU Speed, a better scaler. It's almost like Respawn should have been in charge of building the Xbox One, not Microsoft.
You really think it was respawn?lol,this would have been done regardless.

see5harp

There is a lot of empty space under the gamer pic on the "home" area of the XB1. I think they could do something with that area.

Personally I feel like that should be a quick way to access your friends list. I don't like having to navigate to your profile page then find friends. Also when you are in a party I feel like that should always be a link on that front page in the same place.

Domdev

Banned
My gosh that UI is excellent. Unfortuantely, I don't have very many x1 friends so I won't be using the party chat very much but it does look really slick.

Also...bye cboat.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Still boggles my mind that it didn't ship like this.

Good that they're adding it though.

If previous gen is any indication, Xbox One is going to get a lot of software/feature updates over its lifespan.

Yeah, to go backwards takes a lot of effort. I'm glad they're finally rectifying it though.

Toki767

Anyone else notice that they did everything through a controller and not Kinect? That Kinect-less SKU can't come soon enough.

The friends list UI and implementation is far and away better than what I see on the PS4. It's amazing to see MS move so quickly to bring meaningful updates to the system. I hope that Sony's can pick up the usual glacial pace and make the PS4 UX better.

That vid was awesome. Cant wait for the 11th to play TF while party chatting with my friends, just like you could do in the beta, while also enjoying the better then alpha textures.

That party chat pane doesn't stay up the whole time right? I'm sure Xbox users would know how it works, but as a non Xbox owner, it would have been nice to see the improved chat working while playing the game full screen.

Respawn specifically said they were working with Microsoft on Controller Inputs and updating the scaler.

Then you have streaming coming just before Titanfall releases, which will provide tons of free advertising for the game. I dont think Respawn had anything to do with streaming, but Titanfall's release date did.

Dunlop

Just read that CBOAT thread

That is some very specific stuff he mentioned, wonder if it was to smoke him out

I don't see the value on him making it up, his track record has been shitacular lately

ZeroAlpha

Banned
That party chat pane doesn't stay up the whole time right? I'm sure Xbox users would know how it works, but as a non Xbox owner, it would have been nice to see the improved chat working while playing the game full screen.

They just had it snapped open, you can unsnap it to make it full screen either by voice or going back to the dash.

I wish there was an easier way to snap without having 2 button presses but maybe I'm just lazy,

x-Lundz-x

I could be wrong as I forgot my earphones and need to watch this with no volume at work...but doesn't the id show multiple times gameplay of TitanFall with the new Xbox party system at the same time?

To me it looks like a mock gameplay experience with pre recorded footage like they always do for these pr videos. As I said I think cboat was saying that you could be in a party, but the titanfall party system would take over when in game. We will find out in two weeks.

Awesome. Party and friends app looks (and apparently performs) miles better now!

Bring it on improvements to all the other apps!

sangreal

To me it looks like a mock gameplay experience with pre recorded footage like they always do for these pr videos. As I said I think cboat was saying that you could be in a party, but the titanfall party system would take over when in game. We will find out in two weeks.

he said TF does not suppport live parties at all and your party would disappear when you launch titanfall

I heop the ptry chat is fixd BY thn.
awhat would you say if titynfal had its own sepreat e partychat.?
tha d wasa iNN hthe TF sotware and dint utzlie LIve at al?
that ws a hug vilation of xer guindelines? but MS grantd e waver czu so mch is riding o tf and propser SDKs wernt ready (n stil aren't)?
so if you er in a xblieve party of 4 and go to plays tiatnfal s a party.....lcuanch th game, tnetnter proviate lobby and yoru live party disapers?
Game putz you in searpate party bysystem instead?

Ape

Banned
open gamedvr, click end clip now

(yes, it sucks compared to xbox record that)

That's what I mean. Sometimes the Kinect is actually better. The other poster implied that he never actually used the Kinect in any real world situation.

x-Lundz-x

he said TF does not suppport live parties at all and your party would disappear when you launch titanfall

Not sure what happened with my last post. Anyway I was saying this video really does nothing to disprove that as it does not show anything but a pr recorded video and not actually people playing titanfall in a party. So what cboat said may still be true.

It seemed like the only used the controller because it was that type of demo. As far as people wanting a Kinect-less SKU I am assuming that is because it should be cheaper?

Yes. That, and I don't really want the damn thing. I have no plans to play waggle games, and would prefer to navigate a clean, simple UI with a controller rather than wade through a complex one by talking to a black box.

Not sure what happened with my last post. Anyway I was saying this video really does nothing to disprove that as it does not show anything but a pr recorded video and not actually people playing titanfall in a party. So what cboat said may still be true.

Also, people tend to act like these things are set in stone months beforehand. They're not. Situations like this are in constant flux. It's quite possible that Respawn developed their own party/chat system as a fallback, and MS may not have been 100% sure they would have this update ready and working prior to the games launch. All any leaker can do is give us a snapshot of what they hear when they hear it. Doesn't mean that things don't or can't change the next day.

tkalamba

It's snapped, and can be unsnapped without doing anything to the party. It just runs in the background. "Xbox Snap Pary" and you see it there and can see who is in the party.

x-Lundz-x

False,you realize if it disappears then you will get dropped out of the party right?

I'm sure there could be code improvements in place to allow this to happen if it was the case. Listen I'm not saying cboat is right, all im saying is this video does nothing to disprove what he has claimed as some of you are saying.

iJudged

Banned
U had a good run CBOAT, but now you....
Fabulous-boat.gif

E92 M3

I personally feel, in my opinion, Microsoft should hug and thank Respawn for all the input to help make the Xbox One a better system, or at least putting the pressure in some way on Microsoft to get some of the updates out. I dont think it is any coincidence that the Xbox One March Update is coming just before Titanfall.

We have Game Streaming, Better Controller Input, more CPU Speed, a better scaler. It's almost like Respawn should have been in charge of building the Xbox One, not Microsoft.

Titanfall has had a very positive influence on Xbox and LIVE -- just like Halo 2 back in the day, which essentially shaped today's matchmaking.

Klocker

of course it would have been, they are not going to come out and say we ran out of time at launch.

they know what they need do to get it fleshed out. they always improve their products over time. maybe more slowly in the past but they way they do these apps now they will be improving steadily

Etnos

Banned

Is almost like if some of you guys would rejoice if this false rumours were actually true. Regardless of platform preferences wanting something bad to happen in another platform its such a mean spirited thing to do.

There is a official confirmation from The Respawn community manager: they are not dropping the resolution; there is a video with the new party system... yet you guys keep speculating about nonsensical conspiracies? wow... just wow..

Yes. That, and I don't really want the damn thing. I have no plans to play waggle games, and would prefer to navigate a clean, simple UI with a controller rather than wade through a complex one by talking to a black box.

I was going to disagree about using the Kinect for voice navigation and say how much I like Xbox Fitness but I think it is probably just going to come down to personal preference. I definitely understand wanting it to be cheaper if you don't think you'll use it, I just have been surprised how much I actually like the Kinect functionality.

RulkezX

The bolded is about the only part thats even true.

CPU speed is a rumour, the scaler was universally hated , game streaming was announced at the X1 reveal, party stuff and friends lists existed since forever, Respawn aint to thank for them not being as crappy as they were 3 months ago.

Top Bottom