• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video released of Tulsa PD shooting and killing unarmed black man (Up: not guilty)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not relevant. All it is is a push to make him seem less innocent aka. worth killing. The more they can throw, the more worthy of death he becomes in the public eye.
Just reading that sentence made me cringe with rage.
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_e0530fba-5db7-500e-9b31-3dd4512fe5bc.html

New evidence shows an STL police officer planting a gun on a black man he murdered. I post this so you can respond to people who say stuff like "yeah, as if that shit actually happens" to people who argue about the PCP.
Cops make the best botanists... always planting shit.

Here's more:

Philly judge overturns 158 convictions tied to rogue narcotics cops
Brooklyn Detective found guilty of planting drugs
Documents Show Racist Cops In Dothan, Alabama Framed Black Men For Years

Watching this on the news at work.

Coworker says 'Police kill more whites than blacks.'

I try and explain about how high it is as a percentage of population.

Another coworker chimes in 'Eighty percent of black people are criminals anyway'.

Room full of laughter.

I work for the police department.
a day later and this still makes me laugh and weep for the country at the same time.

I remember so much made by conservatives and other pro cop forces about how Michael Brown didn't have his hands up. In that case, there were conflicting accounts and no video, but here, we have a video where it's undeniable that the victim had his hands up, was not moving towards officers, did not have a weapon, and was summarily executed in cold blood. But people in general (mostly white people) are more upset at Colin Kaepernick kneeling than they are of this straight up murder by a cop. America for you.

Dude—No ...

Neo Member
So, I think maybe the other cop used his taser at the same time the other cop shot him; I doubt it was coordinated and unfortunately gun beats taser with regard to finality. I remember reading the man's windows were down, but they looked like they were open from the aerial view, but I'm just really unsure -- and apparently the chatter (as distasteful as it was) from the heli wasn't heard by the officers on the ground, which may be more telling actually. The man had no weapons on him or in his vehicle, but, there was a vial of PCP on board apparently. He kept walking with his hands up and then lowered them when he made it to the side of his vehicle.

Ok, so, I mean even despite some of these details and stretching them however you want, it doesn't really matter, it isn't anywhere near enough reason to shoot this man. Mostly, I think I just fail to see how the police are so fucking stupid about using their non-lethal weapons...

Dude—No ...;217637663 said:
So, I think maybe the other cop used his taser at the same time the other cop shot him; I doubt it was coordinated and unfortunately gun beats taser with regard to finality. I remember reading the man's windows were down, but they looked like they were open from the aerial view, but I'm just really unsure -- and apparently the chatter (as distasteful as it was) from the heli wasn't heard by the officers on the ground, which may be more telling actually. The man had no weapons on him or in his vehicle, but, there was a vial of PCP on board apparently. He kept walking with his hands up and then lowered them when he made it to the side of his vehicle.

Ok, so, I mean even despite some of these details and stretching them however you want, it doesn't really matter, it isn't anywhere near enough reason to shoot this man. Mostly, I think I just fail to see how the police are so fucking stupid about using their non-lethal weapons...
Window looks up to me. I see the reflections. And the family attorney had a blown up still-frame showing it was up and he mentioned there was blood all over the window and side of the car from the shooting.

Jerm411

Starting to see "he was a bad guy" and the entire "look at his convictions and warrants" narratives pop up on FB and elsewhere....along with the supposed high on PCP and reaching in his waist band at the time of shooting bullshit.

Ugh.....

undrtakr900

What I found even more fucked up, is that the murdering cop's lawyer on TV interview literally said "She's never been more scared in her life" 😒
>>>> So a black man with his hands up walking AWAY, that just been tazed, is the scariest thing she experienced. This speaks more to how black people are automatically assumed guilty of "something".

Keeping in mind that she was on her way to ANOTHER emergency call, saw a black man walking. So she ignored the actual emergency call to follow a black man with his hands up, because quote: "he looked like he was on PCP!" and she took a 5 minute course on recognizing drug behavior. MAKE SURE TO HOLD A PRESS CONFERENCE TELLING EVERYONE HE LOOKED LIKE HE WAS ON POP PCP!!

Holy shit...this is fucking nuts. How the fuck is there no 3rd party agency policing the police at this point?
Who needs a 3rd party when the police will investigate itself, while working with a D.A. who receives "campaign donations" from the police union, and a judge who will find a murder justified as long as the cop "Feared for his/her life"

rjinaz

What I found even more fucked up, is that the murdering cop's lawyer on TV interview literally said "She's never been more scared in her life" 😒
>>>> So a black man with his hands up walking AWAY, that just been tazed, is the scariest thing she experienced. This speaks more to how black people are automatically assumed guilty of "something".

Keeping in mind that she was on her way to ANOTHER emergency call, saw a black man walking. So she ignored the actual emergency call to follow a black man with his hands up, because quote: "he looked like he was on PCP!" and she took a 5 minute course on recognizing drug behavior. MAKE SURE TO HOLD A PRESS CONFERENCE TELLING EVERYONE HE LOOKED LIKE HE WAS ON POP PCP!!

Who needs a 3rd party when the police will investigate itself, while working with a D.A. who receives "campaign donations" from the police union, and a judge who will find a murder justified as long as the cop "Feared for his/her life"

Not to mention the many laws already in place to protect the cops over the people.

Durden77

So I love how they're now saying he had PCP, yet that literally changes nothing about the fact that they shot and killed an unarmed man that they themselves have confirmed to have been unarmed.

And yet some people will still spin it. Unbelievable.

As an adult I learned pretty quick, don't trust the cops. I'm a white guy, but I'm not wealthy or affluent. I've called them for assistance in the past (burglaries, domestic disputes) and every time I was ridiculed, harrassed and embarrassed and left with a huge bill. In fact, the police have only ever made my life more difficult.

I've had traffic stops where they've approached with their hands on their sidearm and it makes you a nervous wreck. There MUST be accountability, cops should be drug tested, they should be camera equipped and they should treat citizens with respect and they should follow the law better than anyone else.

This is disgusting and my heart aches for these innocent people gunned down for looking a certain way or being "rude" or having drugs. None of those are reason to take a persons life you fucksticks.

Diffense

How does our mere presence instill so much fear that makes someone believe that their life is in danger?

It's hardly anomalous, it's modus operandus; the testimony of history is evidently congruous. The present's coverings are ostentatious but they drape deeds that are odious. Bravery is extolled in a song that's melodious while cops murder people for acts innocuous. Genuflection in protest is deemed felonious while rampant death continues victorious. Those who fancy themselves virtuous won't prove efficacious with respect to a situation that's precarious. Life remains a thing superfluous, if you don't already appear cadaverous on this planet that is populous. Fatigue is obvious, solutions seem nebulous and if justice assigns to no-one the onus, for the death of this man in an act so callous, the human sprit remains pugnacious, and the world gets more dangerous for all of us.

Cwarrior

absolutly disgusting.

-Gang of cops approach innocent man
-his told to put his hands up
-does so then gets taserd
-then they shoot him as lay there from being tased.

there shooting black people for sport at this rate.

Black lives are worthless then animals in america.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
absolutly disgusting.

-Gang of cops approach innocent man
-his told to put his hands up
-does so then gets taserd
-then they shoot him as lay there from being tased.

there shooting black people for sport at this rate.

Black lives are worthless then animals in america.

Don't forget that after being shot they all stand around and not a single one of them attempts to offer the main first aid. I don't know why, but that pisses me off even more than the man being shot. Is just the total indifference of a man bleeding to death while everyone stands around.

New article from The Intercept:

Speaking to reporters outside the Tulsa County Courthouse on Tuesday afternoon, Benjamin Crump, who is representing the dead man’s family, said that a streak of Crutcher’s blood on the glass, visible in a still image taken from the helicopter video, proved that the car window was closed when he was shot.

Video of attorneys explaining this.

Crump accused a police department spokesperson, Officer Jeanne Mackenzie, of spreading “misinformation that he caused his own death” when she told reporters on Friday night that Crutcher had prompted the shooting by refusing to raise his hands and reaching into his vehicle.

Finding that initial police account hard to believe, Crutcher’s family had demanded the release of unedited police footage of the incident. The department complied with that request on Monday.

David Riggs, a former state attorney general who chairs the Oklahoma Access to Justice Commission, also addressed a report that the police had found the hallucinogenic drug phencyclidine, or PCP, inside Crutcher’s car after the shooting. Riggs said that the shooting was not justified even if Crutcher was intoxicated. “Not everybody who’s under the influence of something is a threat to other people,” Riggs said.

SaganIsGOAT

How do I even reply to people who try to throw black on black violence at me as a rebuttal? It always feels so fucked up when someone says that when talking about police violence :/

How do I even reply to people who try to throw black on black violence at me as a rebuttal? It always feels so fucked up when someone says that when talking about police violence :/

Tell them that that's unrelated to these events. Particularly because black on black violence isn't some sort of phenomenon. Groups of people kill the people that they're surrounded by. In mostly white areas, you'd be talking about white on white violence. In a mostly Hispanic area, the crime would be Hispanic on Hispanic. It's a BS deflection when we're discussing a wrongful killing of police on citizen and just because crime has occurred in a community shouldn't mean excusing crimes committed by public servants which is another point. People pay taxes so that police can do a proper job. Citizens don't choose to be black but policing is a job people choose to take. As such, particularly with the amount of responsibility the position holds, should be held to a higher standard. One of the main tenants of policing is the act of de-escalation which wasn't what occurred here.

4 Options:

1. You dont because this person is an idiot
2. That has nothing to do with this discussion
3. Even if we were to solve black on black crime what does that do to handle police brutality to minorities? Would it change anything if it was black on white crime on brown on black crime? No.
4. Black people are not an institution so asking them to fix black on black crime is pointless. Black people aren't a hive mind living on existance. We can't enforce a standard on each other. The police are an instiutuon. They are governed by rules and a hierarchy. They can actually solve police butality.

digdug2k

4. Black people are not an institution so asking them to fix black on black crime is pointless. Black people aren't a hive mind living on existence. We can't enforce a standard on each other. The police are an institution. They are governed by rules and a hierarchy. They can actually solve police butality.
I agree with all of this, but please remember it next time someone wants to say "white people could end this today if they'd just stand up and say 'enough'". White people don't all know each other either.

Havoc2049

Didn't it happen immediately after he was tased? Like a reaction to the tasing itself?

The cop should have never had her gun out in the first place.

This is my guess: I bet she spazed/spaced out and shot the guy on accident. All the stuff about her "reason" for shooting him are just her covering up for her mistake. She should be fired from the force and charged with manslaughter.

Law Enforcement needs to make their officers more mentally tough, so that they don't run around scared all the time and use their guns as the first tool they use in a stressful situation.

Yoritomo

The subtext is that Blacks are more violent, thereby Police skittishness and willingness to shoot is more justified.

What they're saying isn't changing the subject. They're trying to lead you down a path to being racist or analyzing the situation with "black violence" in mind.

4 Options:

1. You dont because this person is an idiot
2. That has nothing to do with this discussion.
3. Even if we were to solve black on black crime what does that do to handle police brutality to minorities? Would it change anything if it was black on white crime on brown on black crime? No.
4. Black people are not an institution so asking them to fix black on black crime is pointless. Black people aren't a hive mind living on existance. We can't enforce a standard on each other. The police are an instiutuon. They are governed by rules and a hierarchy. They can actually solve police butality.
Excellent point with #4.

Dai101

Banned
Said it before and I'll say it again. Firearms need to be removed from the police or swapped to rubber bullets.

1pqa0CD.jpg

UlYUwkI.png

DuyGb72.jpg

A rubber bullet shows as a round spot on the X-ray of 14-year-old Wael Imad. The Palestinian boy died of his injuries on 22 October 2000. (TIME)

kaskade

I haven't really kept up on this but didn't the Tulsa Chief say no gun was found? Why are people saying he was armed?

Lime

The fuckface who murdered Eric Garner was charged with manslaughter, but still got free. This means nothing.

Jerm411

Should be 2nd Degree Murder....guess they went with something they thought could actually catch a conviction, which I don't agree with.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Should be 2nd Degree Murder....guess they went with something they thought could actually catch a conviction, which I don't agree with.

the laws are very difficult to make it stick to a cop. Its a smart move to get an actual conviction, which is better than no conviction.

Cat Party

You're never going to prove murder in a case like this. Manslaughter is the correct charge.

Doesn't guarantee a conviction, but it increases the chances.

Jerm411

the laws are very difficult to make it stick to a cop. Its a smart move to get an actual conviction, which is better than no conviction.

Agreed but what I meant was I don't even think she'll get convicted on that sadly....

The disgusting inner sanctum of police "brotherhood" reaches far beyond officers....it's infected other branches of the judicial system, I hope I'm wrong but I don't see her getting anything.

jb1234

Agreed but what I meant was I don't even think she'll get convicted on that sadly....

The disgusting inner sanctum of police "brotherhood" reaches far beyond officers....it's infected other branches of the judicial system, I hope I'm wrong but I don't see her getting anything.

I have a friend on Facebook who believes she's getting thrown under the bus because she's a female cop. I'm not as sure (as we've had manslaughter charges on male cops before).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom