• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video X Games 2013 Thread: Mosquitos X Capcom: Fate of Kayane's Legs

vulva

I just remembered the dude who was dressed as the joker asking the last question at the madcats panel. What a great dude

GreenScar

And the economics of the tournament make no sense considering the amount of tickets and marketing money they've put into it.

From my brief experience working with a tourism company, it's pretty standard. They look at advertising as a longer term investment than most other industries. Broke college student today, investment banker 10 years from now.

At least that's how it was explained to me.

Is there seriously not a stream for the FPS and sports games

Based on what Champ said ("Everyone is in the other room"; "Opening ceremonies had like ~400 ppl"), its an even bigger shock. Maybe they didn't see this coming though.

Ridiculous for the biggest games at the event not to have stream time though; was there no pre-reg at all?

tumblr_m27azpHX2O1qzwtdlo1_500.jpg

I want to see Jessica Nigri.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
From my brief experience working with a tourism company, it's pretty standard. They look at advertising as a longer term investment than most other industries. Broke college student today, investment banker 10 years from now.

At least that's how it was explained to me.
That bit I get, it's just focusing on something as.. Narrow scope as the FGC that kinda doesn't make sense to me when there has probably been over a hundred grand alone put into that. I feel like there should be some better mainstream outlets for that sorta thing. It's kinda a unique experience in that regard and why I say that da beech is something the FGC is lucky to have, despite it being kinda shit from a spectator perspective.

JDdelphin

That bit I get, it's just focusing on something as.. Narrow scope as the FGC that kinda doesn't make sense to me when there has probably been over a hundred grand alone put into that. I feel like there should be some better mainstream outlets for that sorta thing. It's kinda a unique experience in that regard and why I say that da beech is something the FGC is lucky to have, despite it being kinda shit from a spectator perspective.

It seems like most everyone playing the games would rather be outside.

I was really hoping for the main setup to be out in some cabana where it was all:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOImzh0u2LA
-or SOMETHING so that the spectator would get a sense of the ambiance beyond 'yet another ballroom'

That's where they're dropping the ball biggest, imo

If you know it's gonna be a 'relaxed event' with big downtime and 'meh' planning- why the hell isn't there some sort of view outside where everyone not inside is hangin out?
That's what would maybe make the event bigger next year-
"yeah no games streaming- BUT LOOK AT DAT BEECH. I can see why everyone is late to their stations- they're drinkin ice cold blue stuff thru curly straws and can't be bothered."

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
So FChamp made it to VxG - did he actually raise the money to go, or did he just use his own money to get there?

Streaming against SGDQ
Tournament competitors complaining on twitter
Low quality stream

This is the perfect Evo come-down, that's for sure. May as well plummet back to rock bottom.

Top Bottom