• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Videogame facts that blow your mind (SuperMarioBros. SHOCKING SECRET INSIDE p #70)

Ramune

HE USES HIS FIST.
Mario does, but Luigi in Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World version of the game, does indeed headbutt those blocks! ;)
luigichange.gif

mclem

I like how nintendo spent time making a proper luigi sprite when they could have just not bothered at all.

I assume it's because it needs to be knocking around the ROM anyway for SMB2US, so they may as well just add the missing frames to make it SMW-compliant.

I love how Luigi appears to belch fireballs.

ReyVGM

This is the thread where "hey, did you know you can perform a move that was listed in the manual?" is mind blowing to some people, so it's best to not expect too much.

Yeah, you can make the passengers follow you automatically by holding R in the Super NES game S.O.S.

Platy

Just read it on reddit, but :OOOOO

vGk6L.png

This thing had lots of mind blowing things to me ... but because when i first played super mario world i had NO IDEA of a single word in english

So i was like "OMFG I'M A NINJA ! I DISCOVERED HOW TO ENTER A DESTROYED CASTLE !" and then i replayed and all my cool kid discoveries were said in those stuff =(

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I sort of thought they were basketballs. But eventually realized they were intercoms.

I still think they're basketballs for a split second before realizing what they actually are.

I never knew what those intercom boxes in SMW were, and I never really thought they were anything in particular. I just thought they were funny-looking blocks that gave you hints.

Bear

Here's another idiot who thought it was a pineapple in that box.

I know that's an intercom now but it STILL looks like a pineapple

Top Bottom