• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Videogame facts that blow your mind (SuperMarioBros. SHOCKING SECRET INSIDE p #70)

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
GDJustin said:
There's a shark swimming around in the Dalaran Sewer Water with the label <Sewer Shark>. This gave me quite the laugh, first time I saw it.
Not the fact that it is called Segacedi?

Wizpig

wowscrnshot051109023346.jpg

Hmm?
I don't get it... Clockwork Orange?

Anyway, that Silent Hill girl... is that a main character or an enemy?

KeeSomething said:
Jame McCloud (F-Zero GX)
150px-JamesMcCloud.jpg

Fox McCloud:
fox.gif

Their ships are identicle as well.

James McCloud is the name of Fox's dad. He's the one that leads you out of the collapsing Venom in Star Fox 64.

There's an ending of Star Fox Command where Fox and Falco join something like F-Zero, subtly renamed "G-Zero."

Fox%26FalcoGP.png

Star Fox related, I saw this in the N64 Expansion Pak thread. You know those comic book covers that draw up some scene that never even remotely happens in the book itself?

2yvv683.jpg

Peppy and Slippy never get off the damn ship. The only member of the team that bothers to do something in person, Falco, is completely missing.

Razer Reds

Neo Member
Here's some more Star Fox/F-Zero crossovers. Arwings in Star Fox and F-Zero machines both use G-Diffuser systems. And Octoman from the F-Zero series fights for the Anglar Empire in Star Fox Command.

150px-Octoman.jpg

Octoman.jpg

Slurmer

Banned
slurmer said:
FFVIII:
there's a severed head in the ice in Lunatic Pandora

zoukka said:

All this time and I thought everyone just figured I was lying. Funny thing is, I've been telling people this since I first played it 10 years ago or whatever, but I've only come across a few people that have also seen it.
Is there any way I can play it on my 60gb PS3 and skip right to the Lunatic Pandora zone? Would I need a ps1 memory card/card reader? I have a PS1 dex drive laying around somewhere.

I'll take pics as best I can, and let you know the exact area. I'll likely recognize the screen as soon as I see it since it creeped me out so bad as a kid.

KevinCow

Banned
Kulock said:
Star Fox related, I saw this in the N64 Expansion Pak thread. You know those comic book covers that draw up some scene that never even remotely happens in the book itself?

http://i41.tinypic.com/2yvv683.jpg[img]

Peppy and Slippy never get off the damn ship. The only member of the team that bothers to do something in person, Falco, is completely missing.[/QUOTE]
Well Falco's appearance is supposed to be a surprise, so it makes sense that he wouldn't be on the cover.

I'd say the bigger issue is that Krystal is trapped in a giant crystal the entire time Fox is on the planet.

ronito

Not so mind blowing but in Persona 4 at the very beginning when Dojima takes you to the gas station
Namatame's truck is in the other stall and then takes off once you get there

Kulock said:
James McCloud is the name of Fox's dad. He's the one that leads you out of the collapsing Venom in Star Fox 64.

There's an ending of Star Fox Command where Fox and Falco join something like F-Zero, subtly renamed "G-Zero."

Fox%26FalcoGP.png

Razer Reds said:
Here's some more Star Fox/F-Zero crossovers. Arwings in Star Fox and F-Zero machines both use G-Diffuser systems. And Octoman from the F-Zero series fights for the Anglar Empire in Star Fox Command.

150px-Octoman.jpg

Octoman.jpg

Also Falco has Captain Falcon´s boots in one of the endings.

The F-Zero references in Command are all over the place.

DSC00185-full.jpg

Also 5 of the 9 endings of command are the real endings.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Where does that original arm-holding-crowbar picture come from? Or is it just a random arm holding a crowbar?

Willeth

Has this been posted yet? I only realised recently that I had been emphasising 'Phoenix Down' wrong. It's supposed to be the down from a phoenix - its feathers. For some reason I'd first read it as the direction 'down' and had always thought it was just some weird translation error as opposed to actual down.

Wizpig

SpacePirate Ridley said:
Also 5 of the 9 endings of command are the real endings.
Uhh... what?
There is NO canon ending in Command, i don't think i understand? [but i am looking forward to get what you meant with that, since i loved Command]

Jasoco

Banned
Willeth said:
Has this been posted yet? I only realised recently that I had been emphasising 'Phoenix Down' wrong. It's supposed to be the down from a phoenix - its feathers. For some reason I'd first read it as the direction 'down' and had always thought it was just some weird translation error as opposed to actual down.
I originally thought it meant "down" as in "dead" or "has passed out".

adg1034

Jasoco said:
I originally thought it meant "down" as in "dead" or "has passed out".

I guess I always thought it was one of those crazy Japanese mistranslations, especially since I've only seen it mentioned in singular terms "A phoenix down" or "Five phoenix downs". But now it actually makes sense.

ultron87

Not as shocking as some things in this thread, but I just noticed it.

Spyro the Dragon.

Spyro

A dragon that sets thing on fire has pyro in its name.

robut said:
Holy crap! Caj814 posted this earlier in the SF4 thread
102rp15.gif

Now the question is who the hell is this guy?
Ahhh DDT, the only wrestling promotion that has had both a ladder and an invisible man as former champions.

Salmon

Top Bottom