• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vin Diesel teases 'Merging of Universes' for Marvel Phase 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure Mr. Diesel is simply referring to the fact that the Cosmic Marvel set movies and the Avengers movies will be blended together.

What he understands as "Marvel Universes" and what fans consider "Marvel Universes" likely aren't the same thing. He's probably referencing the different settings of the movies, and how they'll be blended, rather than hinting at the idea that Fox/Sony will be crossing over with Marvel in three years.

Besides which, there's absolutely no fucking way a deal that big isn't already cut, and if it's already cut, no way someone at either studio doesn't announce that move by now.

RedShift

This doesn't really concern comic book movie fans. If anything, Iron Man 3 spent too much time dwelling on this.

If the Avengers were fighting some invincible giant robot constructed by Ultron and suddenly Spider-Man and Hugh Jackman Wolverine showed up, the fans would go nuts no matter what the explanation was.

Transformers 3 is all the proof you need that spectacle films don't have to make sense. The amount of exposition offered in movies like The Avengers is for people like us, really.

The Avengers was much more successful than Transformers 3, and it wasn't because it had better CGI aliens colliding with buildings. It was because of the exposition, and the dialogue, and not generally being a forgettable bore.

'People like us' isn't some small fringe group any more, everyone fancies themselves as a nerd nowadays. People like their superhero action movies to have some pretence of being more than just no brains explosion-fests. Look at the Dark Knight trilogy.

And having stuff that makes no sense happen would put people off, at least a bit.

Galactus_vs__Marvel__s_Heroes_by_artguy72.jpg

tumblr_me0q85Kd1S1rcp7bmo1_1280.jpg

galctus4.jpg

Believe.

Blader

Pretty sure Mr. Diesel is simply referring to the fact that the Cosmic Marvel set movies and the Avengers movies will be blended

This was my first thought too, especially if Thanos is being set up as the final villain for Avengers 3. The only thing that's throwing me is that Diesel said in a separate interview that what he talked to Marvel about was starring in a new IP for phase 3.

So Diesel owns Riddick. (universal gave it to him to get him into FF Tokyo drift?). Maybe a Riddick comic with with eventual cosmic role?

Just throw in riddick and wolverine. They are way better than movie versions of captain America and Thor. What a bunch of flunkies.

Aside from the action scenes, the only scenes that mattered in Avengers was when tony stark spoke. Cap and Thor sucked out the fun when they opened their mouths though

Derwind

It's gonna happen

jAuh3bnsvz0BF.jpg

I just can't, I'm very pro-keep-different-fictional-universe-from-entirely-different-stories-from-entirely-different-authors-and-from-entirely-different-series-separate.

I mean I don't give a shit when it comes to video games and tv shows...

Just don't fuck with my Movies and comics/graphic novels....

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Spidey should have told him to shut his punk ass up. He was in the FF, and can do as much or more than Cap.

actually i kind of feel like spiderman sort of has useless powers when it comes to what they've been presenting in the Avengers movies. everyone seems so strong and has these ridiculous energy weapons and shit. spiderman isn't really that strong or anything, he just swings around and makes people punch themselves in the face.

actually i kind of feel like spiderman sort of has useless powers when it comes to what they've been presenting in the Avengers movies. everyone seems so strong and has these ridiculous energy weapons and shit. spiderman isn't really that strong or anything, he just swings around and makes people punch themselves in the face.

Dat Hawkeye
Dat Black Widow

Just throw in riddick and wolverine. They are way better than movie versions of captain America and Thor. What a bunch of flunkies.

Aside from the action scenes, the only scenes that mattered in Avengers was when tony stark spoke. Cap and Thor sucked out the fun when they opened their mouths though

Except Hulk/Banner and Cap had the best lines in the movie.

Riposte

I hate the movie Wolverine character. I don't remember him in the comics with a healing factor that makes him pretty much invincible like the movies.

ITT people who don't know anything about superhero comics.

ReiGun

Spider-Man is way stronger than half the current movie Avengers. You could even make a case for him being at least as strong as Iron Man.

Remember guys. The new movie's title was changed to "Riddick" instead of "Chronicles of Riddick."

They could just retcon it into marvel pretty easily.

Slayven

Going by my edit, yeah that's probably what it is.

So what does this all mean? Who or what are "Inhumans"?

At the beginning of the Kree-Skrull War, millions of years ago in Earth time, the alien Kree established a station on the planet Uranus, a strategic position between the Kree and Skrull empires. Through their work at this station, they discovered that sentient life on nearby Earth had genetic potential invested in it by the alien Celestials. Intrigued, the Kree began to experiment on Earth's then-primitive Homo sapiens to produce the genetically advanced Inhuman race. Their goal was apparently twofold—to investigate possible ways of circumventing their own evolutionary stagnation, and to create a powerful mutant race of soldiers for use against the Skrulls.[14] Although their experiments were successful in creating a strain of humanity with extraordinary abilities, the Kree abandoned their experiment because a genetic prophecy had predicted that the experiments would eventually lead to an anomaly who would destroy the Kree Supreme Intelligence.[15]

Their test subjects, the Inhumans, went on to form a society of their own, which thrived in seclusion from the rest of humanity and developed advanced technology. Experiments with the mutagenic Terrigen Mist (a process known as Terrigenesis) gave them various powers, but caused lasting genetic damage and deformities. This led to a long-term selective breeding program in an attempt to mitigate the effects of these mutations.

Pretty much it in the nutshell.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Pretty much it in the nutshell.
So they'll be an Inhuman Registration Act and Inhuman hunting Sentinels? Or is like Wolverine all of a sudden going to become an Inhuman?

I'm guessing this is not the mainstream Marvel.... eh.... 616 Earth?

are you people serious
so you're not only missing out on marvel's films, you think vin would add to them somehow

Dat charisma. Something Thor and especially captain America lacked in avengers and was the reason why marvel studios is the tony stark show right now

Would be awesome to have somebody like riddick here or wolverine to carry some of the weight. Thankfully ultron will probably be very entertaining in avengers 2. And hopefully the casting for ant man is good

Slayven

So they'll be an Inhuman Registration Act and Inhuman hunting Sentinels? Or is like Wolverine all of a sudden going to become an Inhuman?

I'm guessing this is not the mainstream Marvel.... eh.... 616 Earth?

It is the earth dealing with a big changes in the status quo. It is 616

IrishNinja

Dat charisma. Something Thor and especially captain America lacked in avengers and was the reason why marvel studios is the tony stark show right now

eh, i dont watch fast & furious so i just dont see it...pitch black was alright, riddick was fucking terrible

still confused how someone could dig his flicks but apparently be above marvel films, though. and yeah hopefully ultron goes well, though ant man could die in the first 5 minutes and that'd be okay too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom