• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visual Novels Community Thread | A Little Something for Everyone

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I wish they localized Shin Hayarigami.

It looks real cool though.

Shin-Hayarigami-05.png

Voliko

I revisited Banshee's Last Cry iOS tonight to check out the new choices that the ending credits promised. It's a couple of short joke routes and one serious one that is a short alternate bad end. The joke ones were absurd and actually pretty funny, I wish more VNs did that.

And I also wish that Chunsoft's other old "sound novels" would get this treatment, if only for a chance at localization.

So Sunrider academy reached Steam early access

There is a demo available for now and it seems that so far the game contains only the common route if you get it on early access..

For those who don't know , sunrider started as a kickstarter for a galactic turn based space adventure and this game , is actually a spin-off comic dating sims set in the sunrider universe few years before the events of the main games in a sort of alternate universe.

Just saying ...

Starting Ever17. I'm going to try and go for the Tsugumi route on my first go (she interests me the most so far), but out of curiosity, what route-order would be recommended?

Starting Ever17. I'm going to try and go for the Tsugumi route on my first go (she interests me the most so far), but out of curiosity, what route-order would be recommended?

To my knowledge, it's pretty much any Takeshi route followed by any Kid route.

I went Sora > Tsugumi > You > Sara if I remember correctly, and that went just fine.

Edit: Most people recommend Tsugumi first though.

I'm reading I/O. It's pretty interesting so far. I'm at Route C.

grim-tales

To my knowledge, it's pretty much any Takeshi route followed by any Kid route.

I went Sora > Tsugumi > You > Sara if I remember correctly, and that went just fine.

Edit: Most people recommend Tsugumi first though.

I'm reading I/O. It's pretty interesting so far. I'm at Route C.

Do you know a recommended route order for I/O?
In Ever 17 I started with You's route, then Tsugumi, Sora and Sara (I think) :D

Do you know a recommended route order for I/O?

Ever17
Sora best girl <3

I/O recommended route order(includes minor spoilers related to the route structure):

Lemnisca's walkthrough found in the .rtf file in the game directory said:
We recommend playing it in this order: A 0.1 Ending->B 0.1 Ending-> C 1.0 Ending->A 1.0 Ending-> D 1.0 Ending-> B 1.0 Ending->Start Route E

Note (concerning the above jargon):

1.0 endings are endings that are unlocked after you get the 0.1 (default good ending) for a route. The unlocking scheme is as follows(from the above document):

A 1.0= Requires C 0.1
B 1.0= Requires D 0.1
C 1.0= Requires B 0.1
D 1.0= Requires A 0.1

(---quotation ends here---)
After these routes, there are "true endings" of the routes: they're recommended to be played as such (also from the above document): C'->D'->B'->A'->E'

grim-tales

Ever 17
Sora is the best <3 Love her <3 I'm probably biased because I'd totally fancy a girl like her in real life

Ever 17: I'm barely into the game so far, but is
Sora some sort of AI that's linked into the system? Or perhaps a robot of some kind? Something seems off with her. No need for confirmation, but it just seems kind of obvious... which makes me suspicious.

Sora some sort of AI that's linked into the system? Or perhaps a robot of some kind? Something seems off with her. No need for confirmation, but it just seems kind of obvious... which makes me suspicious.

*laughs inaudibly*

No comment, but you're in for a ride.

Yuuichi

We're not going to spoil you on anything, that would ruin all the fun.

I'm with Funyarinpa on this one, you're in for one wild ride. Also, lots and lots of chicken sandwiches.

max_505

We're not going to spoil you on anything, that would ruin all the fun.

I'm with Funyarinpa on this one, you're in for one wild ride. Also, lots and lots of chicken sandwiches.

LOL I remember getting really hungry every time they mentioned eating that.

aravuus

I don't remember a single time they mention chicken sandwiches

I think I've actually forgotten quite a lot of the storyline, I should replay Ever17. Second playthrough would be a lot faster too since I know I can pretty much skip all the non-true routes lol.

I don't remember a single time they mention chicken sandwiches

I think I've actually forgotten quite a lot of the storyline, I should replay Ever17. Second playthrough would be a lot faster too since I know I can pretty much skip all the non-true routes lol.

If you forgot the sandwiches, you've forgotten E17.

Jazz573

I just finished the Fate route of Fate/stay night. I think it's probably my favourite VN now, with Remember11 in close second. I'm going to start the UBW route next. I've heard that it's considered to be the best route of the game.

I thought it was a pretty good route overall but I found the ending of the Fate route kind of unsatisfying. I really liked Saber, so I was kind of sad to see that she wouldn't come back.

Shizuka

Am I the only one incredibly hyped for the upcoming release of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, despite all the shortcomings around it?

max_505

I just finished the Fate route of Fate/stay night. I think it's probably my favourite VN now, with Remember11 in close second. I'm going to start the UBW route next. I've heard that it's considered to be the best route of the game.

I thought it was a pretty good route overall but I found the ending of the Fate route kind of unsatisfying. I really liked Saber, so I was kind of sad to see that she wouldn't come back.

Fate's my favorite route out of the three, but the other two are good as well.
I like bittersweet endings, so Saber not coming back wasn't that bad even though it was a bit sad. And that part when she wakes up from her "dream" and decides to "sleep" again just so the dream could continue... that part hit right at home. Tears were shed.

Fate's my favorite route out of the three, but the other two are good as well.
I like bittersweet endings, so Saber not coming back wasn't that bad even though it was a bit sad. And that part when she wakes up from her "dream" and decides to "sleep" again just so the dream could continue... that part hit right at home. Tears were shed.

I'm at work, dangit, stop making me cry.

I don't know which route is my favorite, but my inclination is to lean toward Heaven's Feel simply because
the ending actually solved the problem. The other routes just leave the corrupted Great Grail alone to ruin the lives of future generations of mages. Not that you know that until you beat HF, but still. That and HF has one of my two favorite scenes in the entire VN: when Shirou images Oathbreaker to free Sakura. The other is in UBW when Rin makes her contact with Saber. Both are great "Crap, what are they going to do? This is hopeless...oh snap, that's how" moments.

Yuuichi

Filled it out, and I think I've talked about it before but my suggestions box turned into a long winded rant on fixing their site and brand separation, something several of us have been telling them do to for quite some time.

I also took a potshot at feng's writing in the localization box because I couldn't think of any titles ww.

Also, I should have an(some) interesting surprise(s) in the next week or two for you guys, please be excited.

Marche90

Filled out. I told them that mainly I want the expanded rereleases of VNs they have released already orz

(couldn't think of any title I specifically want to see localized apart from those :lol)

coughlanio

I started really getting in to Danganronpa last night, really like it so far.

Is there any other visual novels on Vita?

Koriandrr

I've just started going trough the list in OP, have already played like 20% of it, but I was wondering if you could recommend more female protagonist games?

I've tried some of the iOS 'dating' and VN games with female protagonists, but they tend to be all the same, different setting. It's just a template that every game follows. Or maybe I'm not looking hard enough.

Something like Sweet Fuse would be cool.

Yuuichi

If you want something during the sale:

Stein's;Gate
Saya no Uta
Osadai
Tenkuu no Yumina
Eien no Aselia

are the only things worth buying imo

Jazz573

So I took the survey and the games I picked were:

Baldr Sky series
Ikusa Megami series
White Album 2

I had a lot more games I wanted to suggest but it said I could only put 3. I'd love to be able to play GIGA and Eushully games in English so that's why I picked games from them. I'm also a little interested in Leaf / Aquaplus games so I picked White Album 2.

There were a few other games I wanted to put, like some other GIGA titles (Otome Crisis, Parfait), and also TYPE-MOON (F/SN, F/HA, Kagetsu Tohya, Tsukihime).

-------------------------------------

I've actually been really interested in GIGA (and by extension TGL), and Leaf / Aquaplus games ever since I heard music from their PC-98 games (e.g. Briganty, Harlem Blade, Kizuato, Shizuku). As some of you may know, Leaf and Aquaplus were founded by ex-TGL / GIGA staff, and it surprised me to find out that their main founder was a composer (Shimokawa Naoya).

Of course, at some point one of Leaf's main composers (Orito Shinji) left to work for Key. Sorry for the long text but I've always been fascinated in the company structure of old Japanese PC developers.

------------------------------------

From the JAST USA sale, the games I'm considering are Steins;Gate and Aselia the Eternal. I wanted to get Yumina the Ethereal but since they don't offer downloadable games I'm not going to get it because I don't live on my own, and I don't feel comfortable with people seeing eroge that I purchase.

grim-tales

If you want something during the sale:

Stein's;Gate
Saya no Uta
Osadai
Tenkuu no Yumina
Eien no Aselia

are the only things worth buying imo

Thank you! :D Saya no Uta sounds interesting as well, but I have a feeling it will be.. well, weird, idk

Knurek

Of course it's weird. Being sick and disturbing is the point of it.

It's the only VN I've read where sex scenes are important part of the story, and are cringeworthy because they are supposed to be, as opposed to terrible writing in many, many other games.

Top Bottom