• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visual Novels Community Thread | A Little Something for Everyone

Shizuka

Thanks for sharing the link!
We've got an AMA planned on /r/visualnovels in 2 day, but feel free to ask me here if you have any questions.

In case it reaches the Vita stretch goal, I want to know who's in charge of developing/porting the game to the Vita and who'll be publishing the Vita port in the West.

In case it reaches the Vita stretch goal, I want to know who's in charge of developing/porting the game to the Vita and who'll be publishing the Vita port in the West.

I'll have to get back to you in a couple days about the developer for the port, as tomorrow's a holiday here in Japan, but I do know it's a company we've worked with before for domestic PSP and Vita ports. If the stretch goal is met, we've reached out to Limited Run Games to handle the publishing and production. Obviously nothing is set in stone, but that is what we're looking at currently.

Thanks for sharing the link!
We've got an AMA planned on /r/visualnovels in 2 day, but feel free to ask me here if you have any questions.

Looks good! I backed for digital+physical. I do second the question about the Vita version, though. If it hits the stretch goal, I'll be considering adding on a Vita physical as well.

Edit: saw the reply, thanks for the info!

Knurek

No. It's not from MoeNovel. This is Moenovel's 2nd game.

I'm talking about this:

Cx0xDzrVQAAq5Y_.jpg

Shizuka

I have one really big issue with Steins;Gate 0 and that's how the game changes between artstyles like they were all the same. It's always throwing me off, it's like the art made by two different people being mashed together in the same game.

I have one really big issue with Steins;Gate 0 and that's how the game changes between artstyles like they were all the same. It's always throwing me off, it's like the art made by two different people being mashed together in the same game.

The funny part is that it's not even two different people, it's 7-years-ago huke vs. 1-year-ago huke. Still kind of lazy, though.

Pedersen

go into the first run blind, then to get the other endings without much hassle use this guide, it's really straightforward:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=681567099

start √After and finish at least the good and normal ending before you look at the √Before route.

Ok thanks! Will come back to this after I play S;G0. Can't justify starting now since I'm so ready to continue that story and playing two VNs simultaneously would be crazy.

Also bought that Morgana game hmm....

Shizuka

I'm not sure if this is new, but in case it wasn't clear before, according to Frontwing's PR during the Sharin no Kuni AMA, Frontwing will localize other companies visual novels from now on as well, competing with Sekai Project, Mangagamer, JAST USA and other publishers from the western market.

I'm not sure if this is new, but in case it wasn't clear before, according to Frontwing's PR during the Sharin no Kuni AMA, Frontwing will localize other companies visual novels from now on as well, competing with Sekai Project, Mangagamer, JAST USA and other publishers from the western market.

Well Sharin no Kuni is a third party project, so it'd make sense that this wouldn't be their last one.

Knurek

How's the quality of their work so far, translation-wise? Anyone played the Grisaia spinoffs?

Marche90

Well, so far their efforts have been decent, and they have shown that they can improve with feedback (the SnK Kickstarter is an example of this), so I'm happy to have then aboard. Plus JAST just kind of exists these days so we could use another company to fill their void lol

I still dont know what happens with Seinarukana on Steam. According to JastUSA it should come out in September. Then their twitter says October.

Now its almost December.

Yuuichi

I still dont know what happens with Seinarukana on Steam. According to JastUSA it should come out in September. Then their twitter says October.

Now its almost December.

if they never specified a year, oct 2017 is a good bet at the earliest
ヽ(´ー`)ノ

About six hours into Steins;Gate 0 on my Vita, so far really REALLY love it as its surpassed much of my expectations; which tbh wasn't much since I believed that the original Steins;Gate was very much self-contained.

Really recommend supporting PQube for those on the fence.

Presuming Fruit of Grisaia is worth playing, which version to get? Steam or Unrated?

(I assume there's no way of patching the Steam version?)

Presuming Fruit of Grisaia is worth playing, which version to get? Steam or Unrated?

(I assume there's no way of patching the Steam version?)

I read all routes except one and I feel that you won't miss anything of note by going with the Steam version, correct me if I'm wrong (I feel like there could've been a couple significant CGs, but not sure- so I digress).

I read all routes except one and I feel that you won't miss anything of note by going with the Steam version, correct me if I'm wrong (I feel like there could've been a couple significant CGs, but not sure- so I digress).

I don't really go into visual novels looking for questionable H-scenes, so that's not my concern. Was more wondering if the cuts are plot-affecting or egregious enough that I should get the other version.

Seems like there's a fanmade patch for the Steam version anyway, so that's the clear choice.

I don't really go into visual novels looking for questionable H-scenes, so that's not my concern. Was more wondering if the cuts are plot-affecting or egregious enough that I should get the other version.

Seems like there's a fanmade patch for the Steam version anyway, so that's the clear choice.
There is no patch, that is just an installer that copies a pirated copy of the 18+ version over the Steam install wholesale.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I like that Sekai Project is selling the Muv-Luv Director's Cut patch on their Denpasoft store, but not the actual game. And by "like," I mean "what the fuck are they doing?" When they have their own store that sells DRM-free stuff, I ain't buying it on Steam. Just makes no sense how they're running that thing.

Arelaz

Got Root Double in my cart, have been wanting to play this one for a while.
Seeing a lot of positive stuff about Fata Morgana. Might add that one to cart too, it's only at 20% off on Steam, though.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Seeing a lot of positive stuff about Fata Morgana. Might add that one to cart too, it's only at 20% off on Steam, though.

Fata Morgana is too good not to buy on sale. Totally worth it.

Anyone played Gahkthun of the Golden Lightning? How is it compared to Sharnoth?

It's good but not as good as Inganock. I haven't played Sharnoth.

MangaGamer is pretty conservative with how it discounts its titles, waiting isn't going to save you a lot.

KLoWn

I was going to start Muv-Luv, but holy shit I'm so confused. Is Muv-Luv Extra/Unlimited the same or a separate game from Muv-Luv (the one that I have in my library)? Or is it something that opens up after I've beaten the story in Muv-Luv?

Quixzlizx

I was going to start Muv-Luv, but holy shit I'm so confused. Is Muv-Luv Extra/Unlimited the same or a separate game from Muv-Luv (the one that I have in my library)? Or is it something that opens up after I've beaten the story in Muv-Luv?

The Muv-Luv game on Steam encompasses Extra and Unlimited.

Alternative is the third game in the trilogy, and hasn't been released yet.

Extra and Unlimited are the two parts of the game called Muv Luv that's on Steam now. There's a sequel and conclusion to the story called Muv-Luv Alternative that's not out yet.

Top Bottom