• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game And Service Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
So Yoshida is "pimping" his Vita´s via twitter..

iOqcSMQdpUr0X.jpg

lol, the solution to one account is to buy two vitas! got to admire his cheek.

Flek

Banned
did they ever mention some kind of remoteplay patch to make more ps3 games compatible? I mean the stupid wii u can stream (??) games why cant the ps3 do it

---
also any words on a ni no kuni portable?

So Yoshida is "pimping" his Vita´s via twitter..

iOqcSMQdpUr0X.jpg

I wish more demos allowed you to carry stuff over to the full game. It seems like it's not a feature that's used very much. I especially like it when you can unlock exclusive stuff just for playing the demo.

EDIT: I've noticed I tend to get more excited for games that do this, as I spend a lot more time playing the demo.

yurinka

did they ever mention some kind of remoteplay patch to make more ps3 games compatible? I mean the stupid wii u can stream (??) games why cant the ps3 do it

---
I'd say that the homebrew enabled it for all games with PSP, so with Vita it should be even easier since the inputs are readed as it was a normal DS3 thanks to its Bluetooth.
wasnt there a psp recommendation thread when the vita launched? anyone have a link? can't find it on search.
At least in Euro they discounted a lot of Capcom games, now are just 5€. I love them all excluding Breath of Fire 3. I'd love to see there Ultimate Ghost & Goblins and Megaman Powered Up.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
How's AC: Liberation? I didn't really keep track of it due to the developer but did it turn out any good?
Just for some perspective: I loved running around the rooftops assassinating people. As a first foray into an open world game on Vita(Other than Gravity Rush), it turned out really decent.

PaulLFC

:O just got this tweet:

Netflix ‏@Netflixhelps
@Paul_LFC Hi Paul - The PS Vita is now supported in UK. This link has device features: http://nflx.it/YMwQFB . Let us know if you need help.

Finally?! Just updating the system software then I can check if it's actually available for download!

Edit: Nope, not on the store. Had a feeling it was too good to be true. Damn it SCEE.

Hanmik

Netflix ‏@Netflixhelps
@Paul_LFC Hi Paul - The PS Vita is now supported in UK. This link has device features: http://nflx.it/YMwQFB . Let us know if you need help.

Finally?! Just updating the system software then I can check if it's actually available for download!

Edit: Nope, not on the store. Had a feeling it was too good to be true. Damn it SCEE.

wut..? I want netflix.. will check right now..

Number45

^^ Probably means submitted for certification.

---
The Wii U is designed specifically to achieve this functionality.

Skyzard

Banned
Looks like Paint Park is getting an update
from what I can decipher you can now share pictures via twitter

http://www.jp.playstation.com/software/title/jp9000pcsc80014_000000000000000000.html

but it looks like it will not be free, they say something about a 500 Yen price tag (which would be something like 5 Dollar/Euro which is a little too pricey)

PS: still no real online mode

Want! Thanks for the update - $5 is ok.. I'd pay £3 for it. The base app needs those things to be useful for me with no skills.

edit - awesome 2+2=5! yep good luck!

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I'm trying to make a paint program for playstation mobile, but it's a little different :)
I hope to finish it though. :\

Netflix ‏@Netflixhelps

If that means it has gone in for certification then thank god! Been waiting since it came out for the damn app to be out in the UK, i can use it for my wife to watch things while i occupy the TV :)

Now to just wait and see what happens, maybe someone could follow up with a question on when we can expect the app to be available?

marrec

Banned
How's AC: Liberation? I didn't really keep track of it due to the developer but did it turn out any good?

So far AC Lib is my second favorite AC. The graphical glitches are unfortunate, but the feeling of AC freerunning is great and the disguise system makes you take the game at a much slower pace than Ezio's trilogy did. It's very much like the first AC in terms of the way it encourages you to take your time, but it also has everything that made AC2 so great.

Highly recommended.

PaulLFC

If that means it has gone in for certification then thank god! Been waiting since it came out for the damn app to be out in the UK, i can use it for my wife to watch things while i occupy the TV :)

Now to just wait and see what happens, maybe someone could follow up with a question on when we can expect the app to be available?
I've asked @Netflixhelps, @yosp and @PlayStationEU, but the more tweets they get, the faster they'll release it I assume. Are there any EU PSN staff twitters? The PlaystationEU one doesn't seem to reply to people any more.

RpgN

Looks like Paint Park is getting an update
from what I can decipher you can now share pictures via twitter

http://www.jp.playstation.com/software/title/jp9000pcsc80014_000000000000000000.html

but it looks like it will not be free, they say something about a 500 Yen price tag (which would be something like 5 Dollar/Euro which is a little too pricey)

PS: still no real online mode

Yeah, it is too pricey. 2 or 3 euros would have been more than enough for an app like that. Now I'm going to have to wait and read impressions to decide wether it's worth getting, especially when I already own a very decent app (colours on 3DS).

This new version has:

-Increase amount of colour palette
-You can change thickness of your pencil/pen
-There are different pen/pencil types
-Layers, and I don't mean as in photoshop layers but that you can now draw or colour over an existing drawing without it disappearing. The free version didn't have a simple function like that.
-Droppers
-Decorate your drawings with stickers.

Now the stuff with twitter sounds like a bigger deal than what it is. It sounds like (and I'm not sure on this) that twitter functionality is integrated in the app itself because there are quite a few unique things you can do with it. The twitter in the app is also reflected in the main twitter when you want to submit drawings and have people rate your work. If others retweet your drawings you'll receive points and can level up in the app. With twitter you can check the latest ''trends''. Say for instance you don't know what you want to draw, through trends you can check ''hot words'' for existing and popular themes to draw or you can ask a ''request'' from others. There is also a game called ''Drawing Layer'' where you chain drawings with others.

These sound like good ideas to create a community for a drawings app but I don't know if it will receive enough exposure with a price like that.

I hope I understood things right and didn't misunderstand certain sentences :p

JoshHood

I've asked @Netflixhelps, @yosp and @PlayStationEU, but the more tweets they get, the faster they'll release it I assume. Are there any EU PSN staff twitters? The PlaystationEU one doesn't seem to reply to people any more.

I've asked @NetflixUK a whole bunch of times, they've never replied :(

I don't know if I should put it here or someplace else - Amazon.it has Wi-Fi Vita for 174.99 + you get either LBP or PSASBR for free. With shipping to Germany being 7EUR (and probably the same for rest of Europe) you can get everything sub-180EUR. The only thing lacking is the memory card.

rCIZZLE

I've come to the conclusion that after I beat Uncharted that I won't need a bigger memory card. Swapping between digital games will be a pain but the 4gb can hold 2-3 other games comfortably until the 32 card gets price dropped within reason.

Skyzard

Banned
I don't know if I should put it here or someplace else - Amazon.it has Wi-Fi Vita for 174.99 + you get either LBP or PSASBR for free. With shipping to Germany being 7EUR (and probably the same for rest of Europe) you can get everything sub-180EUR. The only thing lacking is the memory card.

Good deal! and nice choices.

--no field commander in EU btw

PaulLFC

Oh wow, just noticed the PSP versions of PES 2012 and 2013 are on PSN for £15.99 each. So, so tempted to buy 2013. Sure, a dedicated Vita version would be preferable obviously, but the PSP versions were based on the superior PS2 engine and were fantastic.

I haven't played the series on PSP since about 2009 - does anyone know if 2012 and/or 2013 are still as good and hold up well?

Sintoid

Bought Capcom Classics Collection Remixed with plus offer for 5€... Black Tiger on dat glorious screen, I'm coming!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom