• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | December 2013 |

Status
Not open for further replies.
SolidSilence24. Are you any good at it. I think I'm effed because I chose a medium sized map and it's taking forever to get any ore for good armor. XD

Lol I'm honestly not sure! I have a large map and I've gotten some bosses down. I just started farming for the hell ore but it ain't easy. I feel like I haven't even begun to scratch the game though.

Skyzard

Banned
Damn still not working for me, need to fix this router.

fixed! Yesss I'm back!

Yeah, I'm trying to join but I can not get in neither.

I had to go to router settings and open DMZ on my Vita...I can finally hear everyone on party chat too! .. at 4:30 am! fuck it! seeeegggaaa

ramyeon

I'm amazed at just how much of an improvement on the original Persona 4 Golden is. I've never been one to replay games but the Persona series has always been one that I've really wanted to go and revisit - I think I'm having just as much, if not more fun with it the second time around. It's stunning just how good it looks on the Vita screen too.

This game alone has pretty much justified my Vita purchase. Wish there was a Persona 3 remake in a similar vein. Kind of hesitant to pick up P3P.

Sol1dus

Lol I'm honestly not sure! I have a large map and I've gotten some bosses down. I just started farming for the hell ore but it ain't easy. I feel like I haven't even begun to scratch the game though.

I'm stuck deep in the mines with no wood platforms to get back up, sooo I might just die so I can spawn back in my bed. I have shitty gear. I've honestly spent so many hours mining and I've only found small pockets of ore here and there. No bosses beaten yet

Grisby

I'm glad I took a break from Guacmeele in order to bit on the sales for Hotline Miami and Proteus.

On the final boss of Guacmeele and it's a damn fun game. I really like the wrestling combat and the platforming. The goat man is by far one of the funniest characters I;ve seen in a game.

Tried sonic all stars racing transformed because i wanted a portable racer that wasn't mario kart. Frame rate drops were really annoying. Probably gonna delete the game since i have the PC version. Oh well.....

Soul Sacrafice is so bloody confusing. I still have no idea what the hell I'm doing. Played online and THAT was fun. Although with 4 players we overpower and destroy anything we touch.

Can you only do Avalon Pacts online and not the main story? I beat the first chapter (The Sorcerer's Ordeal) and didn't have too much trouble but I can see this getting very difficult. I'm not the greatest at these types of games.

Sol1dus

Soul Sacrafice is so bloody confusing. I still have no idea what the hell I'm doing. Played online and THAT was fun. Although with 4 players we overpower and destroy anything we touch.

Can you only do Avalon Pacts online and not the main story? I beat the first chapter (The Sorcerer's Ordeal) and didn't have too much trouble but I can see this getting very difficult. I'm not the greatest at these types of games.

Demons actually get harder when there's more people lol. You can do Avalon pacts I think. Story modes are solo.

Demons actually get harder when there's more people lol. You can do Avalon pacts I think. Story modes are solo.
Oh lol. I think we were on the very first Avalon Pack if that matters. Probably why we destroyed everything in a minute. I guess things get much harder later.

One thing, is there no health bar for enemies or am I missing that somewhere?

Steel

Banned
I'm stuck deep in the mines with no wood platforms to get back up, sooo I might just die so I can spawn back in my bed. I have shitty gear. I've honestly spent so many hours mining and I've only found small pockets of ore here and there. No bosses beaten yet

If you have a home, when you quit and come back you start in it.

Edit:
Oh lol. I think we were on the very first Avalon Pack if that matters. Probably why we destroyed everything in a minute. I guess things get much harder later.

Minds eye gives you an approximation. If you're dead, you see the exact health bar.

Just down on the dpad for mindseye to get a idea of health....or if you die and you have teammates still alive.

GGs on sonic!

CrazyDude

Not sure if this is the right place to as, but can you turn off voices in Lunar: Silver Star Harmony? Just like to know before buying it?

Anyone else have a slight problem with the L and R buttons? Sometimes when I have to hold it down it requires me to push it with some force to keep it down. If I let up on it just a little bit it sometimes stops registering.

I'm amazed at just how much of an improvement on the original Persona 4 Golden is. I've never been one to replay games but the Persona series has always been one that I've really wanted to go and revisit - I think I'm having just as much, if not more fun with it the second time around. It's stunning just how good it looks on the Vita screen too.

This game alone has pretty much justified my Vita purchase. Wish there was a Persona 3 remake in a similar vein. Kind of hesitant to pick up P3P.

I'm not buying P5 until the inevitable Vita remake.

Played a bit of Sonic All-Star and it's really slick. Gonna be getting some mileage out of it. Also got a chance to play Rayman Legends and Killzone. Legends looks to have taken everything good about Origins and made it better. Killzone looks and plays fantastic. So many Vita games to play right now.

Is lego marvel the same as the console version?

Nope.

It's an overhead brawler; quite addictive though. I actually enjoy its pick up and play nature over the console version.

Elvick

Banned
Anyone else have a slight problem with the L and R buttons? Sometimes when I have to hold it down it requires me to push it with some force to keep it down. If I let up on it just a little bit it sometimes stops registering.
I do, I had the same issue with PSP as well.

sh4mike

If I play a physical copy of Dragon's Crown or Ys, and then later move to a digital version, is it straight forward to transfer the saves?

Would this be the case for all games, or are there exceptions? I heard that some physical Vita games save to the cart, others to the memory card, some have cloud support, etc..

Elvick

Banned
Nope.

It's an overhead brawler; quite addictive though. I actually enjoy its pick up and play nature over the console version.
Would it be worth getting if you've already got the console version? I mean, how different is it? What are the levels like? I remember watching a video, but don't remember what the levels were like. Are they just scaled down sections of the console version's levels?

Wondering if it's different enough to be worth playing. Would like to have another decent LEGO game on Vita. (Legend of Chima: Laval's Journey is the only decent one I have, Harry Potter 5-7 sucks)

If you have a home, when you quit and come back you start in it.

Edit:

Minds eye gives you an approximation. If you're dead, you see the exact health bar.

Just down on the dpad for mindseye to get a idea of health....or if you die and you have teammates still alive.

GGs on sonic!
Thanks. I understand it now! Just beat the second chapter. I see there are only 6 to the main story. Getting tough!

PS4 Remote Play is amazing in unexpected ways. Right now I'm watching a guy playing Dynasty Warriors 8 on his stream over the Remote Play to my Vita. This gives me something to do while I'm folding some laundry.

Dragon

Banned
Man loving Celceta so far. Have about 75% of the map done! I'm sure I'm getting close to the end. The game is so simple but I found myself playing it for hours today.

RoKKeR

Hey Vita helpers, I'm headed out of town tomorrow and want to try out remote play away from home. In still a bit shaky on how it all works but have been doing it just fine locally here at home.

What do I need to do to make it easier/possible to remote play away from home? For example how can you tell whether or not you have a direct connection versus a WiFi one?

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
This is the largest Vita monthly thread in a long time.

I think it's because we got a lot of new Vita owners this month thanks to some pretty good sales.

It's been great seeing more people hop on board. It's a fantastic, and from what I see whenever a Vita thread pops up, a wildly unappreciated handheld. I also think that portable screenshot thread has done a lot to sell many on the Vita. So many people have no idea what's available on the system, or coming out for the system, so they just assume that it doesn't have anything going for it.

One more Soul Sacrafice question. :D

Online when a kill is made what is the etiquette for who grabs the soul? So far haven't had issues usually everyone is off killing their own enemy but when a group of us kill together I'm not sure how its supposed to work.

joe2187

Banned

Online when a kill is made what is the etiquette for who grabs the soul? So far haven't had issues usually everyone is off killing their own enemy but when a group of us kill together I'm not sure how its supposed to work.

unless specifically asked.

SACRIFICE EVERYTHING!

EVEN THE TREES!

Elvick

Banned

If I really needed it, I'd take it if I could. Because usually everyone tries to go for it.

If I didn't really need it, I'd let them take it because it's not a big deal to me and more will come eventually (during boss battles).

unless specifically asked.

SACRIFICE EVERYTHING!

EVEN THE TREES!

If I really needed it, I'd take it if I could. Because usually everyone tries to go for it.

If I didn't really need it, I'd let them take it because it's not a big deal to me and more will come eventually (during boss battles).
I've been doing almost an even split of sacrifice and saving. I'm level 10-10 at the moment :/
One more slot open in a soul sacrifice group if anyone wants to join!
Just as I turned mine off for the night :(

Maybe tomorrow.

Apath

Why did Killzone Mercenary just shove me in the two same shitty maps over and over again out of at least ten matches? Zenith and Marketplace are a fucking jungle of cooridores and tiers that all look the same and I literally could not get into a match on any other map.

Is this normal? Because if i'm stuck wandering those maps I'll just forget about multiplayer.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
I'm two hours into Tearaway and I like it so far. Do you desactivate particules? I assume it enhances framerate that way. What I immediately felt in love with is, the OS. Amazingly fast and easy to use. Vite connects to my mac quicker than my iOS devices. I just wish I could read pdf on it, and that it had more non gaming aps.

I'm two hours into Tearaway and I like it so far. Do you desactivate particules? I assume it enhances framerate that way. What I immediately felt in love with is, the OS. Amazingly fast and easy to use. Vite connects to my mac quicker than my iOS devices. I just wish I could read pdf on it, and that it had more non gaming aps.

Yeah it really needs a little more variety, with it's big screen, nice OS, and touch screen it could essentially be a small tablet. We don't even have Netflix in EU yet.

Phii

Banned
It's the same deal on 3DS. I've emailed both sides with the response of "Ask the other one". Netflix is getting to be a big deal in the UK now so it's bizarre.

This world is CRAZY, noone wants my money.

Also, I wonder why we still can't be able change to premium avatars using the Vita.

EDIT: TOP of page! Go preorder Danganrompa (it's said to be similar to Phoenix Wright + Virtues Last Reward, do I really need to say more?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom