• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | December 2013 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elvick

Banned
I can think of 3 reasons.

1. killatopak
2. Flandy
3. corrosivefrost

-----

Can the Vita connect via ad-hoc with a PSP?

I'd like to play MHFU with my friends over my Vita if possible.
Yup. I remember videos of that being done back when the Vita launched in Japan.

Yeah it really needs a little more variety, with it's big screen, nice OS, and touch screen it could essentially be a small tablet. We don't even have Netflix in EU yet.
Do you have profiles in EU?

I hate that the Netflix app on Vita doesn't support it... still.

And the new UI would look really nice on Vita as well.

ramyeon

I'm not buying P5 until the inevitable Vita remake.
I get that you're more than likely being facetious but I'll try and explain what I mean. Persona 4 Golden is really a definitive version of Persona 4. Upgraded graphics, new story scenes added in and new cutscenes as well as a whole bunch of unlockables like costumes etc. If you're gonna play Persona 4, this is the version to play. 3 however suffers from being split between two titles. FES is fantastic, because it includes the Epilogue game and some bonuses not in the original release... P3P on the other hand has a female MC with a differing story path and direct control over your party in battle, but misses out on any kind of explorable over world, all cutscenes are reduced to visual novel style and you don't even get the anime cutscenes from the original. It's added something and then cut back a lot.

Both versions of 3 have their merits and their set backs, but there isn't really a definitive version of it (Although I'd say FES is the one I'd recommend for a first run through).

All I can think of is how glorious this game would look if it had been done on the Vita originally in the way Persona 4 Golden was. Shame that they went ahead and ported it to the PSP so quickly.

sono

Sony: why cant you buy 64g cards in Europe. ?

I just got mine from playasia.com for £70 all in. (they also have vita+64g card bundles for £207)

With all the digital content on PS+ its the new mandatory minimum

Dr. Buni

you don't even get the anime cutscenes from the original.
Not really a bad thing. lol Anime cutscenes in P3 and P4 were awful, not to mention the lame art style in the cutscenes clashed with Soejima's amazing art style in the in-game portraits.

To me P3P is the definite version of Persona 3, but I admit that is mainly because Hamuko (FeMC) is essential for my enjoyment of the game (I disliked Persona 3 FES) and I value portability, but if one doesn't care about the superior protagonist (and her amazing musics) and portability, then I think playing Persona 3 FES is the ideal version for a first playthrough. Otherwise, P3P is the correct choice.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
It's funny to think that we've been having this Persona 3 Portable argument for nearly two years now. Ah, tradition.

Yanksfan

It's funny to think that we've been having this Persona 3 Portable argument for nearly two years now. Ah, tradition.

lol, no shit, was just thinking the same thing.

I am not a big trophy hunter or anything, don't like to watch videos or use guides to play my games, but for some reason, I am down for some message board tips.

I really dig Lumines, even though I am mediocre at the game. Anyone here bothered to get the 30 blocks in 30 seconds trophy? It calls to me, yet, I cannot seem to consistently crack 20. Any suggestions?

Maligna

Banned
Not really a bad thing. lol Anime cutscenes in P3 and P4 were awful, not to mention the lame art style in the cutscenes clashed with Soejima's amazing art style in the in-game portraits.

To me P3P is the definite version of Persona 3, but I admit that is mainly because Hamuko (FeMC) is essential for my enjoyment of the game (I disliked Persona 3 FES) and I value portability, but if one doesn't care about the superior protagonist (and her amazing musics) and portability, then I think playing Persona 3 FES is the ideal version for a first playthrough. Otherwise, P3P is the correct choice.

Agreed. I'm really enjoying the female MC and her music.

I hope against hope for a female protagonist in Persona 5... but it's not gonna happen.

Dr. Buni

I hope against hope for a female protagonist in Persona 5... but it's not gonna happen.
I will be honest with you, if there isn't a female protagonist in Persona 5, my will to play the game will be drastically lessened. I know the game will likely have only a male protagonist (especially considering Atlus keep ignoring Hamuko in every game/adaptation post-P3P), but one can dream.

Anyway, speaking of music, this music in Sonic Transformed is so good, specially the part after 1:35 <3

-Digits-

Sony: why cant you buy 64g cards in Europe. ?

I just got mine from playasia.com for £70 all in. (they also have vita+64g card bundles for £207)

With all the digital content on PS+ its the new mandatory minimum

Bundles you say? Of the new model perchance? I wanna import one even though I really don't need another Vita.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Bundles you say? Of the new model perchance? I wanna import one even though I really don't need another Vita.
Unless you absolutely need FedEx over EMS I recommend nippon yasan instead, they have the 64GB for about $90/£54, and the 2000 model for $200/£122

Take about a week to process orders though

-Digits-

Unless you absolutely need FedEx over EMS I recommend nippon yasan instead, they have the 64GB for about $90/£54, and the 2000 model for $200/£122

Take about a week to process orders though

Yeah, I was looking into nippon yasan before. Just waiting for my paypal account to unlock. I'll look into them again, cheers.

Fewr

Has there been a sale for guacamelee dlc vita yet?
I just finished the game, but don't mind waiting for a slight discount.

Raven77

So I had never played a Persona game before and picked up P4 Golden.

Can't really get into it. Just seems really boring with its constant conversations, bland dungeons, bland game world and strange item system / item shop.

I like some of the ideas here like the world inside the tv, the Persona card system, enemy design, and combat seems pretty good. Just seems like it's all buried under tons of boring junk.

Do you think I would enjoy one of the older Persons games more? I've seen a few of them on PSN.

Chorazin

Can't really get into it. Just seems really boring with its constant conversations, bland dungeons, bland game world and strange item system / item shop.

I like some of the ideas here like the world inside the tv, the Persona card system, enemy design, and combat seems pretty good. Just seems like it's all buried under tons of boring junk.

Do you think I would enjoy one of the older Persons games more? I've seen a few of them on PSN.

How many hours have you played? It doesn't really get good until you're like 4 hours in. And why didn't you expect constant conversion in a game best known for its characters and Social Links? o_O

Raven77

How many hours have you played? It doesn't really get good until you're like 4 hours in. And why didn't you expect constant conversion in a game best known for its characters and Social Links? o_O

Not sure how many hours, maybe around 6. The conversations aren't a big issue for me, it's more of an issue that the games world and dungeons are so boring and bland.

Might just need to give it a few more hours of play though.

Vashetti

Banned
Are there likely to be many PS4/Vita cross-play titles dyou think? I mean there's a bigger technical gap.

But it may potentially be easier with Vita and PS4 both being known to be relatively straightforward to develop for.

Plus Cerny designed both so perhaps it may be possible to develop a game with both consoles in mind.

yella

Looks like I missed some Sonic races last night ;_;

Are there any more planned for today? And Sol1dus, is your PSN ID SolidScience or SolidScience24? Cause the guy I sent a PSN invite is only at trophy level 1...

http://miku.sega.jp/info/adiary.cgi/0743

Well, they chose the right portion to cut off in Project Diva F 2nd. Edit Mode/Play will be about 900mB.

The skins are nice. I just hope that there's a randomize option for it.

There'll be 40 songs excl. Ievan Polkka and AR songs. 22 has been shown.
Seriously, though. The Vita should be capable of "stadium mode", so why are they excluding it just for the sake of making the PS3 ver have an AR mode counterpart? >_>

Written for the Game (2)
Glory 3usi9 (Miusiku - "music")
DECORATOR​

New Songs (8)
Akatsuki Arrival
Kochira, Koufuku Anshin Iinkai desu&#12290;
NarimasushiGengar
Karakuri Pierrot
Envy Catwalk
Kowase Kowase
Suki Kirai
Futaiki Hokou

Renewed Songs (12)
Romeo and Cinderella
Colorful x Melody
Packaged
Sennen no Dokusou
Urahara Lovers
para-Dichlorobenzene (dafuq, I never looked up what this meant until now)
World iz Mine
SPiCa -39's Giving Day Edition-
Cantarella ~grace edition~
Luka Luka &#9733; Night Fever
Miku Miku ni Shiteageru &#9834;&#12304;Shitenyanyo&#12305;
Melt​

All previous modules will be there excluding the DLC ones with over 160 Modules. Yuki Miku 2013 (AS) will be included, though. 24 new modules, plus 7 from Piapro's open submission thing, and 14 remade ones have been announced so far.

2iBhdHu.jpg

But damn, for some reason, all those modules are awesome. I dunno what changed, but some of them that didn't look too enticing in the PSP games.

I am effing hell as glad they didn't use Dreamy Theatre models (or even based on it). >_>

Yoshihara Lament would also be nice. They'd been putting Kasane Teto anyways, so might as well put her song. Then again, it's a song about an oiran. /would you please buy me?

Another I'm still hoping they include is Tokyo Retro.

P.S. Miku Miku ni Shiteageru has reached 10m playbacks in Niconico Douga some time ago. One of the only 6 videos to do so.

andylsun

Got Tearaway for Christmas. Game is so amazing, so much love and effort has gone into it. Only 40% through and I hear it gets better in the second half.

Feel terribly guilty for not picking this up day one at full price.

It reminds me of the first katamari damacy game in terms of a cohesive whole game, music, visuals, gameplay, attention to detail. Lovely.

Nope. This is the flashiest, most streamlined one. If this doesn't appeal, the others likely won't either, unless you like the darker tone some of them have.

Can't believe the psn sale this Christmas, all I need is for dragons crown to drop in price and I don't think I will new any new games for quite a while.

I also need more vita friends, my psn is Jemile is anyone wants to add me. Also up for any killzone multi too.

My Vita is always displaying the same, and wrong friends list. I have people offline on my PS3 that show up as online on my Vita and vice versa, and I'm pretty sure it's showing me the exact same thing it was yesterday.

Anyone else ever had this happen?

I'm also having problems using remote play, it always fails saying the vita speed is too slow.

All the bad shit you described is why I think Persona 3 is a horrible game so I'm gonna say no. The series is just for masochists and anime fans.

Acid08

Banned

Disagree with all of this.

FES is the only version people should be playing for their first time. The story and gameplay mechanics are 100% as Hashino and co. envisioned them.

P3P is fine after that and the FeMC is a fun "what if" for subsequent playthroughs.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Can't believe the psn sale this Christmas, all I need is for dragons crown to drop in price and I don't think I will new any new games for quite a while.

I also need more vita friends, my psn is Jemile is anyone wants to add me. Also up for any killzone multi too.
In a week I got a Vita and 17 games, what a great time to join the party :)

B.K.

All the bad shit you described is why I think Persona 3 is a horrible game so I'm gonna say no. The series is just for masochists and anime fans.

The first three Persona games are a lot better than "Persona 3". It's like they're from a completely different series.

baekshi

Banned
My Vita is always displaying the same, and wrong friends list. I have people offline on my PS3 that show up as online on my Vita and vice versa, and I'm pretty sure it's showing me the exact same thing it was yesterday.

Anyone else ever had this happen?

I'm also having problems using remote play, it always fails saying the vita speed is too slow.

If your friends are showing up with no status on PS3, then it must be they're either on Vita or PS4. They should be at bottom of your PS3 list.

Vashetti

Banned
I have seen the same Vita advert at least 5 times today on UK TV, emphasizing Killzone, Batman and Tearaway, as well as the touchscreens and analog sticks.

And being available in Game as a bundle for £149.99

It's almost at impulse buy range now. It just needs more kiddy games to compete with 3DS over here.

When Minecraft is out they'd do well to bundle and advertise the shit out of it.

Valkyria

Banned
I have seen the same Vita advert at least 5 times today on UK TV, emphasizing Killzone, Batman and Tearaway, as well as the touchscreens and analog sticks.

And being available in Game as a bundle for £149.99

It's almost at impulse buy range now. It just needs more kiddy games to compete with 3DS over here.

When Minecraft is out they'd do well to bundle and advertise the shit out of it.

Here in Spain they are pushing Invizimals really hard (It's developed here). The ps vita and ps3 plus game is 169€ each. And Ps3 12gb is 150€, that's cheaper than any other console except for the 2DS.

Dispatch

I got a Vita for my birthday, and I'm incredibly impressed. I loved Tearaway, and I'm currently playing Guacamelee.

Anyway, a few pages back, I saw several people sharing their PSN names and wanted to share mine.

It's Songsofpwnage. Feel free to shoot me a request.

The first three Persona games are a lot better than "Persona 3". It's like they're from a completely different series.

Too bad 90% of the Persona fanbase don't like or don't want to play those games. I've only played P2 IS but it's much better than P3 and by virtue P4. It was much closer to SMT than the new Persona.

Also whats the consensus on Rayman Legends Vita after that patch? Worth getting over the other versions?

GYNGA

The more I play Killzone the more I like it. I love that you can do a lot of the parts in stealth and that there are some hidden rooms or alternate gameplay choices. Campaign is more varied than usual corridors of a modern FPSs and replayability is insane with all the contracts.

Can't wait till my 8GB card arrives (bye bye, 4 gigs!) to shoot some noobs online.

Hubb

If I could grab Rayman Legends for 26~ dollars is it worth it even if I have a ton of games to play now? Or do we think it'll hit 20 or less sooner or later?

Dr. Buni

Is Rayman Legends as good as Origins? Loved playing Origins on the Wii.

Edit: Top of page! Hm... let me see... buy Guacamelee! It is worth every penny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom