• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | December 2013 |

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got my 64 GB card! It feels so good to have my entire Vita library on here! Most of my games are digital and I can carry around the 8 or so physical games I have. I could even fit the cruddy games like Chronovault on here now, but why would I ever want that on my Vita again?

aDpHeG4.png

NXujcl8.png

c5PfGTG.png

iudfjMi.png

njFDcG0.png

N48kdiE.png

OzEUvyy.png

MSSrayP.png

And I still got room to spare!

dDy3qOl.png

Sol1dus

Hello I'm Sol1dus and I am a Terraria addict. It has been 15 minutes since I last went mining.

DIGITAL HEROIN guys, Stay Away!
--------------------------

Got a bitching castle going though. I'm almost to the sky. X)

Hello I'm Sol1dus and I am a Terraria addict. It has been 15 minutes since I last went mining.

dont build your masterpiece to high unless the world was created explicitly for the castle ...trust me

tahsutify

I got a Vita for my birthday, and I'm incredibly impressed. I loved Tearaway, and I'm currently playing Guacamelee.

Anyway, a few pages back, I saw several people sharing their PSN names and wanted to share mine.

It's Songsofpwnage. Feel free to shoot me a request.

I'd love to live in a part of the world where you get a Vita for a birthday present. The best thing I got was a shirt I think.

I'll shoot you a request in a few hours. I am super busy for a few weeks but after that we can play lots of stuff.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Is Rayman Legends as good as Origins? Loved playing Origins on the Wii.

Edit: Top of page! Hm... let me see... buy Guacamelee! It is worth every penny.

No. Not even close. I'd still recommend it as it's still a good platformer for the most part, but just don't go in expecting a game as good as Origins.

RalchAC

I'm here again! I've been on a trip with some friends for a couple of days and I wanted a videogames (and GAF) break. Now that I'm at home again I'll return to Soul Sacrifice.

It's good and some levels are more fun than Rayman Origins, but the touch bullshit really downgrades the game quality IMO.

Sol1dus

They need to remove this 100 bubble limit. I'm at 79 right now.

It is really fucking agravating that Sony boasts about how many games we buy for Vita yet they don't have the decency to at least discuss the 100 bubble limit. This is what I think

A. They done fucked up and its a hardware issue
B. They don't care.
C. Its on their to-do list but they don't care enough to mention it.

youll be fighting more then youd like and if your housing npcs they will die alot.

I don't understand though. My NPCs are completely safe in the lowest level of the castle. Its three main floors. The peseantry lives in the first floor (NPCs), I live on the second floor and third floor is just chests.

tahsutify

I was very prejudiced about this game. Started to play it last night after buying it due to the extreme pressure of a friend and couldn't stop it till six in the morning.

Yanksfan

Awesome recommendation, and yes, it is pretty damn close. There is a ton of content and the majority of the levels are great fun.

It's good and some levels are more fun than Rayman Origins, but the touch bullshit really downgrades the game quality IMO.

This is the one valid critisicm of Legends IMO, though I don't think it really downgrades the game too much. It is still an excellent game overall.

tahsutify

If I could grab Rayman Legends for 26~ dollars is it worth it even if I have a ton of games to play now? Or do we think it'll hit 20 or less sooner or later?

It was on sale a few days ago (18$ I think), so I don't think it will be on sale very soon. Though it will be in PS+ sooner or later so my suggestion would be to wait. I am in the same situation.

Yanksfan

It was on sale a few days ago (18$ I think), so I don't think it will be on sale very soon. Though it will be in PS+ sooner or later so my suggestion would be to wait. I am in the same situation.

PS+ or not, it is well worth grabbing @ $20 or less and enjoying it now. I know that might not be an option right at the moment, but I wouldn't wait for the potential of Plus and miss out for a long time on this awesome portable platformer.

Mokubba

Holiday has been good to me. I persisted with Jak and Daxter and got the plat.

Rayman Legends has also seen an influx of players. I've gotten 3 diamonds this week due to that and the extra time I've had. I'm inching closer to that platinum.

Also, does anyone have any tips for Sonic Racing, It's taking a few tries to win races on medium, let alone hard mode.

JB1981

So while using Near is there a way to send someone a friend request within the application itself ? I want to find people to play KZ: M with but it seems all Near does is tell me who's playing around me

Yanksfan

Holiday has been good to me. I persisted with Jak and Daxter and got the plat.

Rayman Legends has also seen an influx of players. I've gotten 3 diamonds this week due to that and the extra time I've had. I'm inching closer to that platinum.

Also, does anyone have any tips for Sonic Racing, It's taking a few tries to win races on medium, let alone hard mode.

Congrads on the first two items and I definitely hope someone has some tips on your last item, as I am in the same boat. I'm probably not going to spend a lot of time practicing just to be decent against the CPU on a kart racer. If I go online, I don't really care if I win, just want to have fun.

tahsutify

PS+ or not, it is well worth grabbing @ $20 or less and enjoying it now. I know that might not be an option right at the moment, but I wouldn't wait for the potential of Plus and miss out for a long time on this awesome portable platformer.

I agree that it is a fantastic platformer, I loved Origins. I bought it a few weeks after launch for full price. I said it would be better to wait since he said he has tons of games to play. When he is done with them he can get it from + or buy it cheaper.

Sol1dus

I think it will be on PS+ sooner than later next year tbh.

I wanna take the plunge and get a vita. The best deal i can find is the Tearaway bundle from game for £150, does anyone know of anything better.

Mairu

Just got my 64 GB card! It feels so good to have my entire Vita library on here! Most of my games are digital and I can carry around the 8 or so physical games I have. I could even fit the cruddy games like Chronovault on here now, but why would I ever want that on my Vita again?

aDpHeG4.png

NXujcl8.png

c5PfGTG.png

iudfjMi.png

njFDcG0.png

N48kdiE.png

OzEUvyy.png

MSSrayP.png

And I still got room to spare!

dDy3qOl.png

jesus

that's a lot of vita games

No. Not even close. I'd still recommend it as it's still a good platformer for the most part, but just don't go in expecting a game as good as Origins.

Well it's definitely close. It's really the touch crap that drags it right down, but even that can't kill the game, which is prettier and has way more level variety than Origins.

I wanna take the plunge and get a vita. The best deal i can find is the Tearaway bundle from game for £150, does anyone know of anything better.

You'll struggle to find it cheaper, unless January sales pull through. It's very good value for what you get in that, especially with the memory card. 16GB will do you well for quite a while.

Guacamelee is so good. I should download Soul Sacrifice so I can play some games with you guys... bit lacking in the multiplayer title component right now. Am I right in thinking Terraria is multiplayer?

Maedhros

I'm not really into having more than 5 games on the console at the same time. I don't see the point, since I always finish the game 100% before going to the next.

I'm looking into getting a 16GB card someday, because I want to have some MP3 playback, but for games? 8 GB is plenty for me. Finished Gravity Rush, got the platinum and backuped it on PC.

How likely is it that the bubble interface goes away in 2014 for something that's more inline with the PS4 interface?

Vashetti

Banned
How likely is it that the bubble interface goes away in 2014 for something that's more inline with the PS4 interface?

I doubt it. Sony doesn't seem to like overhauling their UI, just improving it.

The PS3 still has the XMB after 7 years. Pretty sure the Xbox 360 UI has been replaced 2 or 3 times during that period.

Havent tried it yet but yeah it does

Still not sure if Terraria is my bag. Love Minecraft. Need to play the trial more really.

I can live with the bubbles. Now you can control it with buttons and such it's really not that bad. I do wish it was a little more customization, but what can you do.

I doubt it. Sony doesn't seem to like overhauling their UI, just improving it.

The PS3 still has the XMB after 7 years. Pretty sure the Xbox 360 UI has been replaced 2 or 3 times during that period.

In my dreams
That's too bad. I was hoping that this newer for-the-gamers-Sony would notice how bad and outdated it already is and rehaul it to the simple UIs of their other consoles.

VanWinkle

You know, opinions are kind of torn on the subject. About 15-20% of the new levels are touch-based, where you move Murfy around and do things to let the AI Rayman or Globox get through the level. I think they're fun. Not amazing, but fun. Some people don't like them and I get that because not everybody likes touch-based gameplay. I don't know if I would say its BETTER than Origins, but I do think it's at least just as good in its own way.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Well it's definitely close. It's really the touch crap that drags it right down, but even that can't kill the game, which is prettier and has way more level variety than Origins.

You'll struggle to find it cheaper, unless January sales pull through. It's very good value for what you get in that, especially with the memory card. 16GB will do you well for quite a while.

Even without the murphy levels I still consider Origins the superior game by some distance. It had a better difficulty curve, way more stages and better replay value due to harsher lum requirements for electoons/medals, and the addition of time trials for every stage. Sorry but I don't agree about it being close. Rayman Legends is one of the biggest disappointments of the year for me and a clear step back from Origins.

Dr. Buni

Damn, I thought I've read people praising the game. Then again, it is hard to be top Rayman Origins as far as 2D platformers are concerned.
Awesome recommendation, and yes, it is pretty damn close. There is a ton of content and the majority of the levels are great fun.
You know, opinions are kind of torn on the subject. About 15-20% of the new levels are touch-based, where you move Murfy around and do things to let the AI Rayman or Globox get through the level. I think they're fun. Not amazing, but fun. Some people don't like them and I get that because not everybody likes touch-based gameplay. I don't know if I would say its BETTER than Origins, but I do think it's at least just as good in its own way.
I am one of those people who don't like touch-based gameplay. Guess I will give the demo a try and see if I like it.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

I really hope Sony doesn't listen to you. At all. I really can't fathom how anyone could possible think the PS4 interface is even close to as good as Vita, let alone better. I mean... I just don't get it. The bubble interface is easily the quickest and smoothest interface we have on any gaming device right now.

Just joined Vitagaf! Picked up a brand new one today with a 16 gig card. Snagged Ys and Tearaway and have a copy of Persona on the way. :)

Who said you can't love both 3DS and Vita? I know I do so far.

Maedhros

I really hope Sony doesn't listen to you. At all. I really can't fathom how anyone could possible think the PS4 interface is even close to as good as Vita, let alone better. I mean... I just don't get it. The bubble interface is easily the quickest and smoothest interface we have on any gaming device right now.

They can keep the good things about it and change it aesthetically. I think how it looks is the only problem for the majority of the people (I don't really care anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom