• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Mr E.

Wit only 6 courses the learning curve rises quite rapid. Give it time and it will all click.
Great game that deserves more courses.

RoKKeR

Just because they didn't announce a price cut at a PS4 event doesn't mean it's not coming.

I imagine they'll announce one before or at E3. Everybody flipping out about it in the thread is hilarious.

Miutsu

So I sent a mail to the developers of Dustforce about Vita, got this response:

Imagine this on the Vita screen.

I would be AAAAAAAAAAAALL over this babeh, what little I have played of Dustforce on PC I loved it and would love it on portable form.

kiyomi

Im trying to get into HS golf but im so bad at it its frustrating... Cant put for the life of me :(

Are you enjoying it though? It's not that surprising, I always have problems with putting, it's pretty difficult at anything beyond a certain range. Sometimes it feels like putt luck.

Next Vita game I'm going to buy is LittleBigPlanet. I got the demo and really liked it.

Well the Vita referral program is almost over. If anyone has bought a new Vita recently or is planning on buying one before the 28th and wants to get a $20 PSN credit, go here psvita.amplifinity.com/offer enter my referral number: 14224003
It's only open to U.S. and the Vita has to be new.

Copenap

Im trying to get into HS golf but im so bad at it its frustrating... Cant put for the life of me :(

Did you already figure out how to spin?

Problem with HS Golf is that a lot isn't even explained and some things are just explained in the loading screens which you easily miss (but can review somewhere in the options). I would advise you to just google for some tips.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Sly is $19.99 at Amazon.com and right now charted as #1 Vita game(FIFA is #2 and COD is #3).

Seriously handheld games should be $20.

Die you already figure out how to spin?

Problem with HS Golf is that a lot isn't even explained and some thigns are just explained in the loading screens which you easily miss (but can review somewhere in the options). I would advise you to jsut google for some tips.

Even with tips, putting remains an exercise in pure frustration; nobody has been able to explain that to me properly yet.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Just bought Sly: TiT (PS3)for $30 on Amazon. I still haven't beat Sly 3, but I really wanted to support Sanzaru. Should come Saturday, then I'll download the Vita version. Love me some Sly, so I'm super excited!

Copenap

Even with tips, putting remains an exercise in pure frustration; nobody has been able to explain that to me properly yet.

Oh yes, even knowing the tricks HS Golf definately remains a very tough game especially at the later levels but I for one definately felt a jump in my performance when I read about some stuff that otherwhise I maybe never would have figured out.

bdm3rtdcaaa_pfuc9so4.jpg

bdi4-wkccaapa0lu0sj8.jpg

Just a week away~!

Lusankya

Sly is $19.99 at Amazon.com and right now charted as #1 Vita game(FIFA is #2 and COD is #3).

Seriously handheld games should be $20.

Then all the handheld games would be a piece of shit. Just because the games are on a handheld doesn't mean they're supposed to be inferior.

Munin

Anyone know any RPGs on the store (PSOne, PSP, whatever) that are fully localized in Spanish? Is there a way to determine this through the store itself?

leroidys

Next Vita game I'm going to buy is LittleBigPlanet. I got the demo and really liked it.

Well the Vita referral program is almost over. If anyone has bought a new Vita recently or is planning on buying one before the 28th and wants to get a $20 PSN credit, go here psvita.amplifinity.com/offer enter my referral number: 14224003

I just registered mine. Seems to have worked.

SmokyDave

Yeah, I feel ya. I love the game but I struggle with the putting no end. I found this guide quite useful, though a lot of it really does come down to practice.

I'd stick with it though, it's a cracking little game.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Then all the handheld games would be a piece of shit. Just because the games are on a handheld doesn't mean they're supposed to be inferior.

but they are inferior,look at Sly,COD or NFSMW.

we are getting gimped versions and late ports for $40/$50 right now.

Lusankya

but they are inferior,look at Sly,COD or NFSMW.

we are getting gimped versions and late ports for $40/$50 right now.

These are just bad games. But you have a point with ports.

But handheld exclusive games shouldn't be cheap games. We have smart phones for insignificant games nobody cares of.

Man, AC Liberation looks wwaaaayy better in person than in screenshots.

Dat classic Assasin's Creed framerate, though. It'll be hilarious if Ubisoft still can't make a stable AC game next-gen.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Considering dropping the 10$ Sony gifted me on Escape Vektor. Either that or keeping it for an upcoming full release title. I'd have money for 2 atm.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Considering dropping the 10$ Sony gifted me on Escape Vektor. Either that or keeping it for an upcoming full release title. I'd have money for 2 atm.

Keep it.

or just add another $5 on it and get Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure(which is pretty freaking fantastic)

Owzers

Does anyone else find the Vita dpad, especially the center where all for widgets come together, to be a little sharp when playing games? I find the center points to dig into my thumb a little bit making it sore.

Owzers

Absolutely not, especially when comparing it to the DS3.

I just looked at my DS3, it's not really comparable for what i'm talking about I think. DS3 has a large gap and smoothed widgets, whereas the vita has a small gap and the widgets have a sharp edge where they meet in the center of the dpad so that when my thumb is in the center and moving around, the middle of my thumb gets sore.

I just looked at my DS3, it's not really comparable for what i'm talking about I think. DS3 has a large gap and smoothed widgets, whereas the vita has a small gap and the widgets have a sharp edge where they meet in the center of the dpad so that when my thumb is in the center and moving around, the middle of my thumb gets sore.

You must use the d-pad differently than I do. I tend to use the outside of the d-pad with rolling motions. This type of use is murder on my thumb if I'm using a DS3.

Sounds like your thumb is being pressed too hard around the middle and going down into that small crack.

breakfuss

You know, a lot of these games some of you recommend (like @toto's last one) I've never heard of or seen. Are they not in the US PSN store?

Ok, I'm still hung up on this PSN purchases not transferring to PS4.

Here's why:

PSVita currently uses PSN for purchases and online and works with PS3 to do game downloads and transfers from PSN.

If the Vita is supposed to be such a "core" device for the PS4 where I will be able to link it up and stream everything to it and play on it... it's supposed to be the PS4's "BFF" according to the graphic in the presentation last night... then how is it going to work if they don't use the same online service?

The way Yoshida spoke, it was a blanket statement... almost as if the PS4's online service is something new, something not PSN.

So will I not be able to download games to my PS4 and transfer them to my Vita?

I find this very concerning at the moment.

Owzers

You must use the d-pad differently than I do. I tend to use the outside of the d-pad with rolling motions. This type of use is murder on my thumb if I'm using a DS3.

Sounds like your thumb is being pressed too hard around the middle and going down into that small crack.

I think my thumb is typically in the middle and moves around from there, always coming back to the middle and then to another direction.

Noi

Here's why:

PSVita currently uses PSN for purchases and online and works with PS3 to do game downloads and transfers from PSN.

If the Vita is supposed to be such a "core" device for the PS4 where I will be able to link it up and stream everything to it and play on it... it's supposed to be the PS4's "BFF" according to the graphic in the presentation last night... then how is it going to work if they don't use the same online service?

The way Yoshida spoke, it was a blanket statement... almost as if the PS4's online service is something new, something not PSN.

I think you're misreading it. Vita will be able to handle transfers from it to PS3 and it to PS4, but PS3 content is not transferable to PS4. The only real exception would be stuff like PS1 classics, which pretty much have their own emulator per system.

I just did that hopefully it works. :p

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

Here's why:

He was just talking about Backward compatibility. and it's the same service it is just that PS4 will not play PS3 PSN games since the hardware is completely different.

I'm pretty sure PS4 will get a Content manager assistant for Vita since they even bothered to make Gaikai tech for Vita already.

Top Bottom