• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

didnt know about this destination playstation thing!! Hope to see a bunch of vita announcements :D

I wouldn't hold your breath. There's only ever been a few announcements to come from Destination PlayStation in the past I think. I don't know what ones though; someone else will.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
in game:

1361447760405_02.jpg

Not sure what is more ugly here, the character or the background.

Also sony should really port something for the dry seasons

If I'm Shu "Shooter" Yoshida I'll go for early PSN games ,Toy Home, Dark Mist, Snakeball,Super Rub-a-Dub ect, duct tape trophies on them and throw them for $5 each.

Massa

Still a week to go in the referral program. If you bought a US Vita and want to get in for $20 PSN credit, shoot me a PM!

Shoyz

I wish Sony would just cut the restriction on PS3 Remote Play and allow anything to stream, working or otherwise. Certain titles run amazingly but don't have the flag to allow it for whatever reason.

Takao

Banned
Scumbag Sony

Ports PS2 HD Collections to Vita.

Later gives those who own the PS3 versions the ability to stream free to Vita via Gaikai.

Sony's a Good Guy Steve though.

cyborg009

Banned
I never reached that far in the demo. :p

Only level 20 on your arm I believe.

I was hoping for the design to be a bit more scary, btw I heard from somewhere (not sure if true) that this "Chaos" design and "Law" design is still a level 1 form and not the final form, when player go toward sacrifice or saving.

Oh interesting

Not sure what is more ugly here, the character or the background.

If I'm Shu "Shooter" Yoshida I'll go for early PSN games ,Toy Home, Dark Mist, Snakeball,Super Rub-a-Dub ect, duct tape trophies on them and throw them for $5 each.

I was pretty much talking about how demon souls should been ported to the Vita.

Scumbag Sony

Ports PS2 HD Collections to Vita.

Later gives those who own the PS3 versions the ability to stream free to Vita via Gaikai.

Sony's a Good Guy Steve though.

Stream "free"? I highly doubt that.
They didn't pay millions for Gaikai to give it away for free.

Shoyz

Gaikai instant streaming gameplay = PSN+
but Remote Play = Free, supports offline and disks

Hope :( Give or take the disk part. I might fore-go my disk obsession as the PS4 won't be memory throttled and it would be far more convenient to go digital.

Gaikai instant streaming gameplay = PSN+
but Remote Play = Free, supports offline and disks

Hope :( Give or take the disk part. I might fore-go my disk obsession as the PS4 won't be memory throttled and it would be far more convenient to go digital.

You can remote play or off-screen play for free on Wii U, so yeah, I'm guessing they won't charge for that.

Gaikai streaming is definitely a paid service, but that's perfectly understandable.

You can remote play or off-screen play for free on Wii U, so yeah, I'm guessing they won't charge for that.

Gaikai streaming is definitely a paid service, but that's perfectly understandable.

The question will be: will it be like Netflix, where you can access the whole library, or do you have to rent/buy each title you want to stream?

If my magic PS+ subscription covers Gaikai streaming and all the "premium" features on PS4, ok, I'm down. If it doesn't... well, I'm going to need a lot of convincing to pay extra depending on the price.
If you're sensitive to lag or the game requires precise inputs, it just won't work well.
I remember horror stories of SF4 over OnLive or something like that.

Achtius

Which is less likely to be on sale then?

I wanna play Gods Eater if Gods Eater 2 ever get localized.

I wanna play Tactics Ogre because I like the Ogre Battle series.

DiscoJer

Choose my next game gaf, Tactics Ogre or Gods Eater Burst

Tactics Ogre is sometimes considered to be the best game ever made. Okay, maybe not a widely held belief, but I don't think any one thinks that about God Eater.

For one, it's a great implementation of the tactical RPG genre (indeed, most games copy it). Great story, non-linear, lots of secret stuff, classes items and what not, multiple endings. Lots of Queen references.

I'm not sure I like all the changes the PSP version made, but they did make it more accessible for the most part.

Vodh

Gods Eater is my third most played game on Vita and I didn't even dig Monster Hunter too much. If you have a SRPG like Disgaea or FFT already, go for Gods Eater. If you don't, then do consider the Tactics Ogre however, SRPG is a damn fine genre.

BTW, when do they usually announce the next month of EU PS+?

Ponn

Banned
Which is less likely to be on sale then?

I wanna play Gods Eater if Gods Eater 2 ever get localized.

I wanna play Tactics Ogre because I like the Ogre Battle series.

Not sure, Square just had a FF sale so hard to say.

Buy Tactics Ogre anyways and ignore any reply that doesn't say Tactics Ogre.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Just finished Urban Trial (without 5 starring everything). Some of those level ideas in the later levels were pretty fun. Props to the level designer. I wish it had more levels though. Considering it took me quite a bit over an hour earlier to 5star a certain level, this game will still keep me busy for a while. According to the leaderboards, I am the only person who played the last level so far, yay me (and lol @ reviewers)
Fun game, easily worth the 8 bucks.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
According to the leaderboards, I am the only person who played the last level so far, yay me (and lol @ reviewers)

I guess because it's so freaking bad people just realized that they are wasting time halfway through and quit playing and never looked back.

Fun game, easily worth the 8 bucks.

well ...you love everything anyway.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I guess because it's so freaking bad people just realized that they are wasting time halfway through and quit playing and never looked back.
Nah, due to the challenges leader board integration and a more fun and forgiving level design, I think I liked it even more than the "real" Trials games. I assume that most people stopped playing when the game got a bit harder and they were not able to unlock the last few levels, which is why I am the only one on the leaderboard for now.

Toma

well ...you love everything anyway.
Thats soooo not true. I usually just like the smaller titles that need some expertise to fully grasp their ingenuity, you know... the ones you dont like :p

Toma

What is this shit? Urban Trials may not be the pinnacle of gaming but it's damn enjoyable.
Let me introduce you real quick:
Fusebox, Toto. Toto, Fusebox.
always watch your back for a random Totohatement

wilflare

and Digtal Sales is Booming for the Vita
SOURCE

While hardware sales for the Vita have been less than stellar, it seems that the platform is making up for it in terms of digital purchases. Sony Worldwide Studios president Shuhei Yoshida told Destructoid that the sales for digital purchases on the Vita are not only booming, but out performing its big brother, the PS3.

“Digital business is the faster growing business” he said. “We do not publish numbers, but every month it’s almost a new record that the purchase on Vita is higher than the PS3, because everything is available [digitally].”

Sony had their big PS4 press conference yesterday which had a significant portion devoted to Gaikai, cloud-based applications, and instant game streaming. Considering Yoshida’s above comments, it seems that the Vita may not be doing as poorly as once believed, at least in terms of software sales – NPD and other software trackers can’t track PSN sales.

From the hardware side of things, Yoshida has already confirmed that there are no plans for a Vita price cut in North America. But chin up everyone! Maybe Amazon will come to our aid with another crazy Vita sale sometime in the near future.

crinale

and Digtal Sales is Booming for the Vita
SOURCE

To me it has become like if local game store is out of stock of game I want to play just download it (I don't pay too much attention how much discount stores offer anyway).
Making simultaneous digital version release was very wise choice, IMO.

By the way, your source seems to be banned site (I assume it's from PlayStationLifeStyle).

cyborg009

Banned
To me it has become like if local game store is out of stock of game I want to play just download it (I don't pay too much attention how much discount stores offer anyway).

By the way, your source seems to be banned site (I assume it's from PlayStationLifeStyle).

A thread was made already so and a few people had been already been saying this.

And crinale this is just a ordinary development blog?
http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/oreshika/next/message/01/

crinale

A thread was made already so and a few people had been already been saying this.

And crinale this is just a ordinary development blog?
http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/oreshika/next/message/01/

It is a development blog indeed. While Over My Dead Body 2 for PSV was announced at TGS, they just have started the development so nothing was shown. We must be patient to get details about it. (The blog says game media will be revealing details eventually, but not exactly when).

Shoyz

Trials deserves at least some of the flak. It's one thing to give the Vita a lesser version, but it could have at least gotten a stable framerate.

wilflare

it is :/ am i not supposed to post banned sites?

cyborg009

Banned
It is a development blog indeed. While Over My Dead Body 2 for PSV was announced at TGS, they just have started the development so nothing was shown. We must be patient to get details about it. (The blog says game media will be revealing details eventually, but not exactly when).

Jeez... no reason people think SCEJ is incompetent. I bet they're not even doing a Boku no Natsuyasumi for the Vita.

Vodh

Wow, Lumines is... Great! It takes a little while to get used to everything and start noticing some useful figures, but once you do, damn! Great music too.

Just a word of advice - once you start getting the hang of things, don't even try to consider 'voyage' mode as a quick mindless fun before you go to bed. Just ended up having a 75 minutes session with the game and I loved every second of it.

VanWinkle

I wish Lumines was cheap. I'd definitely buy it at like $15, but it's REALLY hard for me to buy a puzzle game at retail price. That is one genre where smartphones and tablets really have changed the game. You can get very high quality puzzle games for $1-5 on iOS and Android. There's not that huge difference in quality like there is in platformers, shooters, etc.

Vodh

It's free on EU PS+. My bet would be that US is going to get it too, sooner or later. With the current line-up and trends, there really is no good reason not to sub to PS+, hope they keep this amazing service up with PS4!

It's free on EU PS+. My bet would be that US is going to get it too, sooner or later. With the current line-up and trends, there really is no good reason not to sub to PS+, hope they keep this amazing service up with PS4!

I would have gladly bought it at the Plus price they listed on the blog it was going to be before retracting it saying it was a mistake.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Jeez... no reason people think SCEJ is incompetent. I bet they're not even doing a Boku no Natsuyasumi for the Vita.

Isn't over my body PSP developed by a third party studio(Alfa?)? is the new one by SCE Japan Studio?

but well.. just to be fair here -if Japan Studio is behind it this time- SCE Japan Studio already working on The Last Guardian,Puppeteer,Rain,and now Knack (Toyama Team most likely working on something) so I guess they are busy"for real" this time.

Top Bottom