• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | July 2013 | Slow Month, Fast Games

Moobabe

Gamescom is around the corner Vita bros - what are hoping for? Or, rather, what are we expecting?

No need to list pipe dreams though:

Price cut on the Vita, the memory cards (both) or an aggressive bundle going into Christmas - Vita + Card + Killzone + CoD = £160-180, Vita + Card + Tearaway + Rayman/Lego game = £160-180.

A few new games from guys like Housemarquee - PS4/PS3/Vita crossbuy.

Demo of off screen remote play on the Vita

New Assassin's Creed, Uncharted sequel and hopefully some footage of FIFA (plz no game no roster update) and maybe even a Call of Duty? If they can support the Wii U I don't see why not the Vita.

What about you guys? Please don't list insane pipe dreams or overwhelming negativity - what can we expect?

Starbound lead dev canvassing interest in Vita/PS3/PS4 versions of Starbound!

http://community.eu.playstation.com...o-see-Starbound-on-PS3-PS4-Vita/td-p/19422648

Great catch - and holy FUCK yes, I'd buy 20 copies of the damn game (if I could GIFT IT)

antibolo

Banned
Oh wow, what, just noticed this on Play-Asia.

http://www.play-asia.com/One_Piece_...ish_Version/paOS-13-71-1ae-49-en-70-3uw0.html

One_Piece_Pirate_Warriors_2_English_Version_180000.1.jpg

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 (English Version)

Brilliant, so Asia is getting the localization but we're not?

Goddamnit Namco.

On the bright side maybe Sega has similar plans with Project Diva f.

jesalr

Well, there is a way, but if you don't have an American card then you're friends would have to do it, but yes Amazon sells online game codes. Comes in $20 and $50 flavors. Code is immediately obtainable. Good luck!

Thanks. I knew they did digital cards, just wanted to see if someone had figured out a way to get them with a UK card. I imagine I'm going to be a massive pain in the arse to my american friends since I'm probably going fully digital on the PS4.

The charge damage should be the same, but almost everyone stays away from those because charging takes too long.

I don't think so.
Charge attack should do more than the base damage of the offering with giant's arm; it completely uses up the current cast when you do it. It also causes knockback/knockdown in some cases and can interrupt attacks. I use them when I can sneak them in to try to get knockdowns when a target is standing back up, usually.

--

What exactly is Starbound? I can't get a good read on it.

What exactly is Starbound? I can't get a good read on it.

I just went to www.playstarbound.com to find out the same thing. From my extremely quick and lazy scanning of some pages, it looks like and "open world" planetary exploration game, where you can build, craft, examine, and do all sorts of fun stuff, solo or co op, all in glorious pixel art. Almost like a more planetary exploration sim vs space sim (and 3d) that Starlight Inception is going to bring us.

Then again, I spent maybe 5 minutes on the site. I'm at work, but I plan on reading moar later.

Edit: After a quick peek at a building trailer it resembles another game in a similar fashion...Terraria I believe, but in space! I'm sure there's plenty of differences between the two titles, just what I was thinking of when I watch the vid.

I just went to www.playstarbound.com to find out the same thing. From my extremely quick and lazy scanning of some pages, it looks like and "open world" planetary exploration game, where you can build, craft, examine, and do all sorts of fun stuff, solo or co op, all in glorious pixel art. Almost like a more planetary exploration sim vs space sim (and 3d) that Starlight Inception is going to bring us.

Then again, I spent maybe 5 minutes on the site. I'm at work, but I plan on reading moar later.

Edit: After a quick peek at a building trailer it resembles another game in a similar fashion...Terraria I believe, but in space! I'm sure there's plenty of differences between the two titles, just what I was thinking of when I watch the vid.

Yeah, I looked at it and was like "did they just mod Terraria so it's about Space instead of Fantasy?"

Which is what made me ask... :lol

Is it exactly $50 or is there some sort of tax added?

Asking this because i am thinking of buying it form Amazon but have to ask a friend since i don't own a US card.

They charge exactly 49.99 and 19.99, no tax, at least when I last bought one earlier this week.

Starbound is basically Terraria in space with a lot more customisation, more open world and quests and stuff. It's developed by one of the two Terraira leads.

Remk

Is it exactly $50 or is there some sort of tax added?

Asking this because i am thinking of buying it form Amazon but have to ask a friend since i don't own a US card.
Amazon takes international credit cards, just input any US billing adress when
purchasing the code and voila! you get it at that moment.

Amazon takes international credit cards, just input any US billing adress when
purchasing the code and voila! you get it at that moment.
So we just snatch a random address from Google maps and use it in conjunction with a international credit card?

Is there any problem with this?

SmokyDave

:(
Truths

But the good news is that the Starbound guys are looking into Playstation platforms! That makes up for it right!? I know you'd love some Starbound Smoky
Well I loved Terraria so much that I had to uninstall it for my own health. I guess that's promising!

I'll definitely be buying Terraria Vita. I might even pick up a second Vita so the missus can join me, though I think she'd miss her editor and trainer.

Danneee

What about you guys? Please don't list insane pipe dreams or overwhelming negativity - what can we expect?

New Uncharted, new IP, mostly remote play stuff as far as the Vita is concerned.

Hopefully a Motorstorm, Journey port and Colony Wars (well, maybe not) down the line. Announced at GC. Probably not until next year though.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I expect great things from Gamescom. I expect some great game announcements. A new Uncharted for certain and some more first party stuff. Maybe God of War Vita or Infamous Vita or a big new IP or two. A couple big third party games as well such as a new Assassins Creed. Possibly a new Call of Duty. I expect them to demo remote play working well. A price drop and possibly a revision. Price drops for memory cards and hopefully some bigger memory cards. More HD collection ports announced such as Sly trilogy. Indie stuff as well.

These are my realistic expectations.

Remk

So we just snatch a random address from Google maps and use it in conjunction with a international credit card?

Is there any problem with this?

That's it no issues at all, nothing gets sent to the address nor is there any verification from Amazon; just pick a state without sales tax like California.

Moobabe

I expect great things from Gamescom. I expect some great game announcements. A new Uncharted for certain and some more first party stuff. Maybe God of War Vita or Infamous Vita or a big new IP or two. A couple big third party games as well such as a new Assassins Creed. Possibly a new Call of Duty. I expect them to demo remote play working well. A price drop and possibly a revision. Price drops for memory cards and hopefully some bigger memory cards. More HD collection ports announced such as Sly trilogy. Indie stuff as well.

These are my realistic expectations.

Who would make Uncharted, GoW and inFamous Vita?

Hear, hear!

Or you know, Konami could give us Zone of the Enders Vita like they promised.

My hopes for this have gone up slightly since the recent PS3 patch fixed everything. But I wont hold my breath. I know JP has at least one, if not several mech games, I just can't think of them. Near the end of PSP lifecycle too, I swore mech style games were just flooding the system, whether they were "adventure action" or straight up "action fighting" or even something else.

I remember one sort of styled after Dissida that looked uh-MAZE-ing, can't remember what it was though. But super fast paced, big lasers, lots of missles (a MUST for any mech game) and more.

ZeroAKA

I don't think so.
Charge attack should do more than the base damage of the offering with giant's arm; it completely uses up the current cast when you do it. It also causes knockback/knockdown in some cases and can interrupt attacks. I use them when I can sneak them in to try to get knockdowns when a target is standing back up, usually.
Charged attacks definitely do more damage than the base (non-charged) attacks, but I thought he was asking or not it made a difference if he used a charged attack first or last in a combo.

Tsunamo

Tizoc

Gamescom is around the corner Vita bros - what are hoping for? Or, rather, what are we expecting?

No need to list pipe dreams though:

Price cut on the Vita, the memory cards (both) or an aggressive bundle going into Christmas - Vita + Card + Killzone + CoD = £160-180, Vita + Card + Tearaway + Rayman/Lego game = £160-180.

A few new games from guys like Housemarquee - PS4/PS3/Vita crossbuy.

Demo of off screen remote play on the Vita

New Assassin's Creed, Uncharted sequel and hopefully some footage of FIFA (plz no game no roster update) and maybe even a Call of Duty? If they can support the Wii U I don't see why not the Vita.

Great catch - and holy FUCK yes, I'd buy 20 copies of the damn game (if I could GIFT IT)
I just want a 128 gb card. I am not joking whn i say i ahve way too many games for my vita and not enough space to hold them all

Aytrial

My hopes for this have gone up slightly since the recent PS3 patch fixed everything. But I wont hold my breath. I know JP has at least one, if not several mech games, I just can't think of them. Near the end of PSP lifecycle too, I swore mech style games were just flooding the system, whether they were "adventure action" or straight up "action fighting" or even something else.

I remember one sort of styled after Dissida that looked uh-MAZE-ing, can't remember what it was though. But super fast paced, big lasers, lots of missles (a MUST for any mech game) and more.

Macross Ultimate Frontier?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRmVANkM2GY

Anyway, on the topic of ZoE Vita, the PS3 patch actually has left an opposite impression on me. It's entirely possible Konami may have cut the funding from the Vita port to focus on patching the PS3 version. Would love to be wrong, but I really doubt it'll ever see the light of day.

Can anyone recommend me some sites that do digital delivery for PSN cards? Looking for ones that stocks UK cards as I'm considering at migrating from my AU account.

ShopTo charges less than the value of the card. However they only do £25, £35 and £50 flavours.

Aytrial

ShopTo charges less than the value of the card. However they only do £25, £35 and £50 flavours.

It's the same deal with Game and they are in fact cheaper for £35 cards, I was just making a general statement. I actually tried to use ShopTo, but their stupid policies meant I couldn't buy UK PSN Cards from them even if I wanted to.

antibolo

Banned
Been reading WayForward's twitter account. Whenever someone asks why this game or that game has no Vita port, they ALWAYS reply "no but hey we made that Silent Hill game, you should check it out!"

What a bunch of jerks.

Macross Ultimate Frontier?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRmVANkM2GY

Anyway, on the topic of ZoE Vita, the PS3 patch actually has left an opposite impression on me. It's entirely possible Konami may have cut the funding from the Vita port to focus on patching the PS3 version. Would love to be wrong, but I really doubt it'll ever see the light of day.

Oh my GLOB yes that's it! That game looks far too fast paced & fun to be on PSP. If they can do that...imagine what the Vita will bring in the coming years!

And I am pretty much banking on it never coming out. Hopes are up slightly yes, but I might as well quell them right now, and force the disappointment on me. That way, when pigs fly and monkeys are coming out of my butt, I will be so pleasantly surprised when it actually is released...Can be let down if you already accept the loss!

It's the same deal with Game and they are in fact cheaper for £35 cards, I was just making a general statement. I actually tried to use ShopTo, but their stupid policies meant I couldn't buy UK PSN Cards from them even if I wanted to.

Oh yeah, forgot you needed a credit card registered to them. So yea, GAME it is.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Been reading WayForward's twitter account. Whenever someone asks why this game or that game has no Vita port, they ALWAYS reply "no but hey we made that Silent Hill game!"

What a bunch of jerks.

if they mean that BoM bombed and so there is no point of Vita ports then that a shitty excuse, because most of their games don't really sell anywhere so by this logic they need to just stop working I guess.

but to be fair, most of the time it's not their call since it's up to the publisher, however for the games that they own the rights for (Shantae, Mighty Switch..ect) it's a lame excuse since BoM is completely different.

Moobabe

if they mean that BoM bombed and so there is no point of Vita ports then that a shitty excuse, because most of their games don't really sell anywhere so by this logic they need to just stop working I guess.

but to be fair, most of the time it's not their call since it's up to the publisher, however for the games that they own the rights for (Shantae, Mighty Switch..ect) it's a lame excuse since BoM is completely different.

How bad is BoM? Since I've got a bigger card I'm checking out some demos and thats on my list, but if it's shite I won't bother.

Top Bottom