• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | June 2013 | Late Ports and Late Threads

Pachimari

Jak and Daxter Collection: I'll keep this one short: On the Vita screen, the game looks great. The screens we've been looking at on our monitor don't really do the game justice. It looked better to me on the Vita's 5" OLED, than it does on my 40" HDTV on the PS3. The framerate also seemed pretty solid, but I don't think it was locked at 30 or 60. It controlled well, though, and I'll definitely pick it up. This isn't like Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault. That game is an embarrassment.
This is reassuring, I'm so happy to hear this. Thank you!

Probably getting the review code soon, just gotta finish up and publish my The Last of Us review as well.

mauaus

Hohokum
Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark
Lone Survivor: Director’s Cut
Kick Beat
Hotline Miami
Luftrausers
Velocity Ultra
Epic mickey 2
Rayman Legends
Deathmatch Village
Stick it to the Man
YS Memories of Celeceta
Muramasa rebirth
Valhalla Knights 3 ?? BIG MAYBE
Olli Olli
Tearaway
Batman Blackgate
The Walking Dead (Just the new chapter, easy plat i might get it all for the right price)
Dragon’s Crown
Killzone Mercenary

My wallet will weep

oldmario

anyone know how i get the KZ beta and the 2 free PSM games from ps home on the eu version? i flick through all the pictures and nothing pops up like on the other challenges

Pachimari

Trying to put a positive spin to the whole Vita situation, I'm kinda thankful we're only getting Jak & Daxter, Killzone and Tearaway (maybe) which I'm interested in this year. As I'm spending money on PS4, some peripherals, games and there's yet a few 3DS and PS3 games I'm going with this year. :)

DigitalOp

Banned
Im putting alot of money into Vita during 2013. I was sad to see the E3 presser go the way it did. I know alot of you heard my cheers saying E3 should hold the Vita down.

I humbly eat my crow...

All PS3/Vita games Im buying STRICTLY on Vita now since Sony wants to fake.. FF X/X-2, Rayman Legends and Dragon's Crown. Im gonna make my Vita feel loved damn it...

Im kinda interested in Ys.. If Celeceta is my first Ys game, will I be lost?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
thanks dude!

Quite welcome!

Guys! Guys!

S-E acknowledging Vita! Is this real life?

Considering the type of support square gave PSP in the past, I believe them. I really don't think Square care about how the Vita is doing in the US, either, as far as to wanting to release games for it. It's Japanese sales will push them, and they've got content like Panopticon / Freedom Wars announced over there, as well as all of Marvelous releases, that seem to be doing great on the system. We'll see more from Square, when they see more of a reason to please their JP customers, and that growth seems to be doing fairly well.

Along with Atlus own lengthy E3 trailer, I feel like I've seen the game itself a lot more now. Love it all; The Vita version looks like it has no real compromises at all compared to PS3, and the PS3 version doesn't look like a slouch at all!

Another perfect game to prove the Vita provides console-experience on the go. I wish Sony made more of a big deal with these.

While I appreciate the longness of the list its not going to change peoples minds or move consoles. Its chock full of indie titles, that unfortunately will be niche, most games we already knew about, some since last E3, and also a few that are already out. Killzone is not a Vita mover, and theres not enough name power there to make a dent in convincing someone to get a vita.

Eh, I know people WANT to feel this way, but I think E3 proves Sony isn't currently marketing the system the way us owners want to think. And it's probably 100% the PS4's fault. The Vita is a "buddy" to it, not a separate console. For NOW, anyway.

There's a bad side to this (depending on remote play to sell the system) but a good side as well (Cross-buy is worth pushing to encourage this outlook. Thus, YOPO should thrive.)

Take that list for what it is: 35 games on a portable, that all look to be of high quality. Put that alongside the idea that we have new, expensive systems coming out at years end, and you'll get a pretty good view as to why Sony wants to pretend the Vita isn't as strong as it even really is.

They blew it by not capitalizing on last E3. At this point the only way i see Vita recovering is riding on the goodwill hype train of PS 4. If Sony was smart they would make a PS 4 and Vita bundle for $499.

I think Sony is very happy with the "Vita as a peripheral" position, at the moment, and probably think this'll surge alongside the PS4.

A bundle would be impressive at such a price (and would be a major blow to the XBO), but I wonder if they'd be willing to add a Vita along with a PS4 for only 100 more. Can be sure you probably wouldn't be getting any type of memory card with that. Though, if at least a 4 Gig, I guess they could get away by bundling it all with Plus (thereby giving a sense of Pack-in games, and a major demand to making you buy larger memory card).

Im kinda interested in Ys.. If Celeceta is my first Ys game, will I be lost?

I see no reason why you should be. All Ys titles begin with Adol basically getting stuck with amnesia, so he's as clueless about what's going on as you are! ;)

Celceta is a remake of an older Ys, with refreshed characters, designs, and gameplay. It should serve very well as an intro the the series.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I

All PS3/Vita games Im buying STRICTLY on Vita now since Sony wants to fake.. FF X/X-2, Rayman Legends and Dragon's Crown. Im gonna make my Vita feel loved damn it...

?

if it's because you actually like to play on handheld then it's a-ok, but if you are getting most likely inferior versions just because of weak lineup or that you feel sad for Vita..then..well it's a hardware and don't actually feel anything.

i'd say get the version you prefer or that is better and offer better gameplay experience, Vita is just a device and don't owe you anything.

deimian86

Banned
You will get Jack and Daxter footage a little later today. :) And a bunch of other Vita games.

Are you gonna upload some videos? Thanks a lot, I do my pre-order on amazon because the game is really cheap, but I want to see how it runs on the console (and the first trailer was a bit disappointing).

btkadams

i'm nervous about why we haven't heard much about the jak and daxter collection. it delivered to my house today, but i won't be there to pick it up.

Smash88

Banned
Are you gonna upload some videos? Thanks a lot, I do my pre-order on amazon because the game is really cheap, but I want to see how it runs on the console (and the first trailer was a bit disappointing).

I don't upload the videos, my friend is, he is the one at E3. And I know there are a lot of people that haven't seen a lot of Vita gameplay. He was also pissed by this.

EDIT:

Picture he just uploaded of Killzone controls:

tFnvxEK.jpg

VanWinkle

Is he going to get BIT.TRIP Runner 2 footage up? I'd really appreciate it. Also, do you know when he's going to upload more KZ footage (and other footage in general)? Thanks.

I don't upload the videos, my friend is, he is the one at E3. And I know there are a lot of people that haven't seen a lot of Vita gameplay. He was also pissed by this.

EDIT:

Picture he just uploaded of Killzone controls:

tFnvxEK.jpg
Weapon switching not being mapped to triangle feels so weird to me.

Also, ask your friend if they noticed any option for bots in multiplayer! (worried it got cut out since the game looks so good)

Smash88

Banned
Is he going to get BIT.TRIP Runner 2 footage up? I'd really appreciate it. Also, do you know when he's going to upload more KZ footage (and other footage in general)? Thanks.

He is getting the rest tomorrow: Kings Crown (or was it Dragons Crown?), The Runner, Walking Dead, Bit Trip Runner 2, etc...

And yes more multiplayer and single player footage will be up.

Weapon switching not being mapped to triangle feels so weird to me.

Also, ask your friend if they noticed any option for bots in multiplayer! (worried it got cut out since the game looks so good)

He told me they aren't allowed to go to main menu to see. So he doesn't know.

Smash88

Banned

Thanks for setting it up. :D

---------------------------------------------------------

Jak & Daxter Collection:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xWxg2y0Nwg

Ragnarok Odyssey Ace:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GNYMWt5OF0

Kick Beat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVs1iXZkvnM

Jak looks fine (got to it through your Youtube channel), will probably pick it up since I never played them before. Was hoping they would make the Sly collection official too.

Smash88

Banned
Fixed. Are this videos from your friend? Nice footage :D and J&D looks better than expected.

Yup it's all his. We're talking on vent about it and what he saw, etc... He thought GAF would be interested in seeing it, as he doesn't have an account here - and the fact that there is no coverage.

Thanks for setting it up. :D

Jak & Daxter Collection:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xWxg2y0Nwg

Ragnarok Odyssey Ace:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GNYMWt5OF0

Kick Beat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVs1iXZkvnM

thanks to your buddy for all the videos. he is doing the work most gaming sites can't find a way to do.

Yup it's all his. We're talking on vent about it and what he saw, etc... He thought GAF would be interested in seeing it, as he doesn't have an account here - and the fact that there is no coverage.

He's doing a great job, thanks for sharing. Really good footage.

I seem to recall telling everyone to keep calm and wait to see footage of J&D collection in motion before rushing out and calling it R&C:FFA.

Seems it looks fine to me.

so happy i never played the jak games :D

I've only played the original, but I have a free copy of the PS3 collection over there unopened. I'll probably just play on PS3 sometime.

The reason I was more upbeat about J&D collection was because it wasn't something that was promised and then infinitely delayed, y'know? The R&C game on the other hand? It had a ton of issues with getting the Vita port out the door.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
The list states 35 games, but Shahid talks about 37 of them. I don't know if it's a miscalculation or if he had forgotten about the other 2.

I've added trailers/gameplays to 34 of them for your convenience.

Thanks for posting this list - some great titles there. Glad to see Runner 2 is still on its way!

mauaus

I've only played the original, but I have a free copy of the PS3 collection over there unopened. I'll probably just play on PS3 sometime.

The reason I was more upbeat about J&D collection was because it wasn't something that was promised and then infinitely delayed, y'know? The R&C game on the other hand? It had a ton of issues with getting the Vita port out the door.

if the port is descent as it appears to be ill definitely play it on my vita, i just love gaming on the little bugger!

Pachimari

Wait, maybe it's because somebody in the Jak & Daxter thread just mentioned it or my eyes are playing tricks me, but the framerate does seem.. low?

Even though the Vita clearly lacks games, it can turn out to be one of my favorite platforms. It already got my top 2 best games ever in Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty and Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy. Persona 4: Golden is an absolute bonus, as I never got further than 1h in on PS2.

Were God of War 1&2 HD Collection announced for Vita at E3?

VanWinkle

J&D Collection does look nice. Wish we could hear something definitive about the framerate, though. Nevertheless, I think I may pick it up now.

Myshkin

You needed to pre-register to get the rewards anyways I think. There's also a PS+ and Music Unlimited trial, along with some PS3 dynamic themes.
I don't see Open Me

You can get a Music Unlimited trial without going into PS Home. I just went in there for half an hour. Quests seem to be buggy and I ended up with nothing useful (Music Unlimited code that you have to write down, and some trophy lol). It looks like it would take you 2 hours to do all the quests - one of them is to spend 30 minutes in a theater. Google doesn't show me what quest is needed to get Rymdkapsel. Giving up - there's no game in the world that is worth putting up with this Home shit.

There's a quest booth. You have to do them in order. Most of them require you to look at a video or some slides but you can just enter and exit without actually looking at that stuff.

There are some quizzes; don't know what happens if you answer questions wrong. I got up to taking the PS+ quiz, but it refused to let me take it. I visited PS+ section a couple of times, but it didn't want to acknowledge that I'd been there (actually, I got popup saying take the quiz, but it wouldn't let me). At the Quest kiosk, you can select a particular quest, and it will pop up a message telling you to do that, so I just moved on to another quest, but after visiting the area it told me to locate a bunch of missing objects, and I said FU Home.

You can get a Music Unlimited trial without going into PS Home. I just went in there for half an hour. Quests seem to be buggy and I ended up with nothing useful (Music Unlimited code that you have to write down, and some trophy lol). It looks like it would take you 2 hours to do all the quests - one of them is to spend 30 minutes in a theater. Google doesn't show me what quest is needed to get Rymdkapsel. Giving up - there's no game in the world that is worth putting up with this Home shit.

There's a quest booth. You have to do them in order. Most of them require you to look at a video or some slides but you can just enter and exit without actually looking at that stuff.

I did it but it's really nor worth it. It's reeaaaaallly painful.

Yanksfan

I've got the PS2 copies of all 3 Jak games and the PS3 collection. Still gonna pick up the Vita version..not because I love the games THAT much, but because its the best way to experience them.

Top Bottom