• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | March 2013 | Carving an Independent niche

Redhood

Injustice is coming to iOS but so far there's no signs of a Vita port at all. :/

After MK bomba how could it! MK was selling for 10$ after 2 months I think!

Top of Page Recomendation: Buy Rocketbirds! Game has a lot of charm and soundtrack is amazing. Reminded me a bit of oddworld games. There are some frame rate issues. Nothing major though.

Thanks mate.
You "crowned" them all?

And any hint for a perfect impact? I don't think clubs and balls can help you much... :/

yeah i platinumd this right quick around launch.

clubs and balls wont help for perfect impact ...it becomes more a rhythm thing for me.

Theres a |OT| Here you can check out.

They supposed to have a tourny coming up..

LornHg

Neo Member
So Greg Miller said in the latest Playstation Conversation that Zombie Tycoon 2 is a lot of fun. He got a chance to play it at PAX East, and came away impressed. I certainly take most things IGN says with a grain of salt, but it certainly piqued my interest that he was enthusiastic about it.

Many had the chance to try Zombie Tycoon 2 at PAX and we've received some great feedback from other medias such as Polygon.

The release is in about a month now, we've revealed more details about the game in our blog, look it up if you're curious : )

http://zombietycoonblog.com/

winjet81

yeah i platinumd this right quick around launch.

clubs and balls wont help for perfect impact ...it becomes more a rhythm thing for me.

Theres a |OT| Here you can check out.

They supposed to have a tourny coming up..

can't emphasize enough: if one is really interested in improving their game in HSG, spend some time in training mode and experiment with different set-ups, characters, conditions and the tougher holes of all the courses... this is also a great place to practice your impact timing over and over again in order to improve your PI.

after weeks and weeks of being stuck, training mode was next logical step to raise my game to the next level, eventually allowing me to own the granddaddy of nightmares, Legacy, with a 16-under score.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Do we think NA will be getting an Easter Sale?

after weeks and weeks of being stuck, training mode was next logical step to raise my game to the next level, eventually allowing me to own the granddaddy of nightmares, Legacy, with a 16-under score.

holy beans. my respect.

Tomodachi

Anyone have any impressions on Machinarium?

Looks amazing and is super cheap but...idk.

Thoughts?

I don't know how good the port to Vita, I played it on PC years ago, it's a very nice and sweet adventure game, textless and with nice puzzles, but a little too easy. The visual style is its main appeal since it doesn't have a real story behind and it's all very basic, but it could be better on a handheld considering its nature. I don't know if I would recommend it to everybody, it depends a lot on the price it will be sold on psn. I wouldn't spend more than... 10$ on it? Maybe Steam spoiled me though.

I must confess, I haven't touched my Vita in 3 months, since I got my Galaxy Note 2 i.e. the ultimate emulation device. Killzone needs to come out like.....now. I'm scared of what's happening.

was thinking about either rocketbirds or urban trial freestyle, any recs?

Both good games. Rocketbirds is probably the better of the two, but Urban Trials is surprisingly addictive...I wasn't impressed at first, but I keep going back to it to get more stars, so that must be a sign it does something right.

Number45

is it PSM? i thought it was a full blown PSN game - it's coming to PC/Mac etc. as well so i think it'll be a hefty little game.
I had it in my head that it was PSM, but maybe I'm mistaken. I was thinking that people would want some trophies for their $10.

EDIT: Yup, from here:

Creator here: It's technically coming out for Windows, Mac, Linux, and Playstation Mobile.

Sol1dus

Alright guys so here's my predictions.

Usually, when we get a free game in ps+ that game has a lot of DLC (most likely to get money from supporters). Well, terraria released today for $15 just on ps3. I believe that soon enough we'll be receiving it on Vita+ for free (or at the Very least, a discount) since it also came out with a bunch of DLC content. Might be wrong, but it's fun to speculate. Plus, I really like Terraria.

On a different note, I started Disgaea 3 last night. Don't know how to feel about it. The opening song was cringe worthy. Gameplay is pretty fun, I'm just getting a bit overwhelmed with all the stuff I have to remember.

Alright guys so here's my predictions.

Usually, when we get a free game in ps+ that game has a lot of DLC (most likely to get money from supporters). Well, terraria released today for $15 just on ps3. I believe that soon enough we'll be receiving it on Vita+ for free (or at the Very least, a discount) since it also came out with a bunch of DLC content. Might be wrong, but it's fun to speculate. Plus, I really like Terraria.

what dlc does terraria have.........

and i really dont see it coming free for plus for awhile being theres not even a vita announcement

I'm playing through Rayman Origins, and is there something I'm missing in regards to relics? I'm nearing the end of the game, and I've found maybe a dozen of them. Even when I go back and scour earlier levels I'm just not seeing any of them.

zulux21

not sure if people saw Sully: A Very Serious RPG is coming to vita for 10$ this summer....

hmmmm.... $10 is quite a bit for a PSM game, I was thinking about making it my first non free PSM buy, but I was expecting at most $5 for it. I will have to wait and see if it can use buttons at all, if it's touch screen only on the vita I will likely just get it on the pc instead.

Mzo

I'm playing through Rayman Origins, and is there something I'm missing in regards to relics? I'm nearing the end of the game, and I've found maybe a dozen of them. Even when I go back and scour earlier levels I'm just not seeing any of them.
They're pretty well hidden. You have to rely on the sound mostly, and then stare at the screen until you notice them shake. It's a huge pain!

VanWinkle

You HAVE to listen for the sound they make. I would have never found even a quarter of them without that sound.

Sol1dus

hmmmm.... $10 is quite a bit for a PSM game, I was thinking about making it my first non free PSM buy, but I was expecting at most $5 for it. I will have to wait and see if it can use buttons at all, if it's touch screen only on the vita I will likely just get it on the pc instead.

I'm not getting it for $10. The way I see it going is it will probably be released as a true psn game later on--since Sony didn't know what it wanted psm to be and doesn't know how to run it now.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Do you know what I just realised would be awesome on the Vita? The Sonic CD and Sonic the Hedgehog remakes
I'd take that and a Genesis Classics collection. Preferably one like the PC version, which has Wonder Boy, Beyond Oasis and Sword of Vermilion. PSP and 360/PS3 versions miss out on quite a few gems.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Any new info on Frozen Synapse Tactics?

Not yet. iPad/iPod/iPhone version is apparently releasing soon. So hopefully the two will help Double 11 while working on their stupid future sport game in addition.

I just want them to rebalance the multiplayer. God.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Everybody's Golf Masters, please listen.
I don't understand some of the challenges to get all the crowns.
Would you kindly explain them to me?

Don't worry about the crowns until you finish the game. IIRC they're just side-objectives.

Unlock golfers/courses/etc. before attempting those. Of course, I haven't done that yet so I can't say that with 100% certainty but it would be insane to require chipping an Eagle on the last hole with some of the golfers not fully maxed.

hurzelein

What a shitty Europe Spring sale. I dont care for including only one Vita game because the last few months there were some sales and its not like vita has 10000 games.

But the PSP library offers so much and Sony acts like it doesnt care. Persona games are nice for sure, but I am not into it and expected other good games like in the last spring sale.

Sony making so many good moves in the last months, but their PSP/PS One catalouge sales are poorly handled.

Anyone have any impressions on Machinarium?

Looks amazing and is super cheap but...idk.

Thoughts?

I think I've bought it for 3 platforms already, but it took the Vita version for me to actually start playing it. The game plays, looks, and sounds great, and gets your brain cells going. Highly recommended at $7. If the trophies keep unlocking for me at this pace, it doesn't last longer than 3 hours or so though.

Sony making so many good moves in the last months, but their PSP/PS One catalouge sales are poorly handled.

Europe got a sale on PSOne games back in September or so of last year right after PSOne support was added to Vita. I think it was pretty large too... or at least had some good variety to it.
Consider yourself lucky, SCEA hardly gives any discounts on PSP/PSOne games period.

Has anyone dropped the $1 on retro mode for Big Sky Infinity?
I want to see some gameplay but there's nothing on the net, at least not in my quick searches.

Many had the chance to try Zombie Tycoon 2 at PAX and we've received some great feedback from other medias such as Polygon.

The release is in about a month now, we've revealed more details about the game in our blog, look it up if you're curious : )

http://zombietycoonblog.com/

I'll be honest, I didn't bite on the original but I'm very interested in the sequel. I've been wanting a native sim on Vita. Oh - I didn't know you guys did A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks?! Guys, if you're looking for a really fun top down shooter, you can't really go much further. Anyway, I was just reading up on the game btw, consider me sold:

... it's an Unreal-powered PlayStation Network title with cross-buy functionality, meaning whether you buy it on PS Vita or PS3, you'll be able to play it on both platforms.

Its newfound scope means a lot of features have been added to and revised for the sequel. The player's base is a mobile laboratory, from which new zombies can be spawned if they die (or, re-die?) in the field. It's also armed with an auto-turret which can pick off nearby foes, but it can be overrun easily by a large swarm of enemies. Players also control one of four boss monsters, each of which is armed with special abilities helping them fill different roles; damage, support, tanking and so on.

Players also control two hordes of zombies, which can be specialized for different roles after attacking and taking over the appropriate building. Zombies who take over a hardware store, for instance, become engineer zombies, who will be able to take over buildings much faster in the future. Zombies who take over a gym become beefier, giving them an edge in combat.

Like in the first game, all commands are given to your four units (your base, your boss and your two zombie hordes) using their respective buttons. Point to a location on the map and hit triangle to send your base in that direction. Press X to send your boss in after an approaching enemy. The D-pad also activates your boss monster's special abilities, making them something akin to a MOBA hero unit.

The single-player campaign tasks you with using these different mechanics skillfully to complete objectives on a huge map. The new multiplayer mode features a single, symmetrical map, with just one objective: Find your opponent's mobile base and take it over before they do the same. Though there are fewer moving pieces than your traditional strategy game, there's no lack of strategy involved. Do you rush them at the start of the game, hoping they've wasted units taking over nearby buildings? Or do you focus on taking over the town, gaining power in the process?

http://www.polygon.com/2013/3/24/4139658/zombie-tycoon-2-is-a-cross-play-enabled-distilled-moba

BriBri

I'm guessing this is the place to go:- any ideas where I can import (I'm in the UK) a black wifi Vita from Japan for the cheapest amount of yen? Thanks!

Wow just realised -

Imagine battlefield 4 on vita..

Thank you based ps4

Infinite life cycle for Vita confirmed! It's already dead, if you believe the ramblings of some lunatics, but it'll still be rocking Batllefield 15 on PS9 ;) Sure hope they'll deliver on those promises from day1, PS4 could reignite the Vita.

Top Bottom