• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | March 2013 | Carving an Independent niche

RpgN

Europe got a sale on PSOne games back in September or so of last year right after PSOne support was added to Vita. I think it was pretty large too... or at least had some good variety to it.
Consider yourself lucky, SCEA hardly gives any discounts on PSP/PSOne games period.

I'd trade those for some decent Vita sales :( We've been missing out for a while. You guys had it bad for a while and we were considered to be treated better, now it's back being barren.

I'd trade those for some decent Vita sales :( We've been missing out for a while. You guys had it bad for a while and we were considered to be treated better, now it's back being barren.

Yeah, the Vita sales were actually better since Christmas here... I still think EU gets better stuff mostly though... wish my account was EU, so I could play the Crash games, get MGS HD 2 & 3 for free, etc.

zulux21

from the ps4 GDC panel that might be of interest in here
Summary:
PS4's friend list is being expanded
Play Remote Play on Vita through home network or Internet
No support needed from devs for Remote Play besides Vita controller configuration

Takao

Banned

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Hi guys,long time no see(too much work,country is hosting an international event so work is over 9000 right now,it's not fair..but that third world countries for you)wont return to post regularly in this thread till sometime next month

anyway some updates

o45hFtj.jpg

-so yeah got Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus after the delay,don't really have time to play it,but from what I've played it's decent,don't really require a guide so far and its not Chaos Legion quality but still kinda fun,but I need to play more before saying anything really.

-another thing,I've tried my friend Japanese import of SS, I'd have to say that it is good,I mean combat is freaking good and very enjoyable it's a shame that it bombed in Japan but anyway the gameplay is great and US release need to happen already.

-Good announcements past week(SCEJ need to follow and change their strategy).

-Atlus fans with Vita, I'm so so sorry...but well I told you.

-so Shahid(?) dude was right.

-and the dude here with the freaky Sackboy avatar(srsly that avatar is scary as hell) was legit,good stuff.

-and yeah..there were tons of bad recommendations from some of you guys(lost all my faith in TheSeke..P3 really?)

-Vita web browser+Tumblr =a horrible experience.

zulux21

-another thing,I've tried my friend Japanese import of SS, I'd have to say that it is good,I mean combat is freaking good and very enjoyable it's a shame that it bombed in Japan but anyway the gameplay is great and US release need to happen already.

you and I obviously have vastly different definitions of the word bombed.

To me bombed would be that it sold well below expectations, not that it sold slightly better than reasonable expectations would have placed it at o_O;

cyborg009

Banned
Weird that 4gamer are the only ones that actually have PS Vita dev kits to record videos... I'm sure a lot of games would benefit from not having to do over the should video recording.

Toto your idol doesn't do Blu-rays?

Lol SS didn't bomb at all. Good opening week sales then a pretty big drop (but still a chart presence) after. Pretty standard for a new IP.

It's not doing Monster Hunter numbers, but MH itself didn't set off on day one originally.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
you and I obviously have vastly different definitions of the word bombed.

To me bombed would be that it sold well below expectations, not that it sold slightly better than reasonable expectations would have placed it at o_O;

it's their big budget answer to MonHun,and with those number it bombed and bombed hard.

Weird that 4gamer are the only ones that actually have PS Vita dev kits to record videos... I'm sure a lot of games would benefit from not having to do over the should video recording.

sadly no.

VanWinkle

Digital Foundry has been doing some direct feed Vita stuff lately so they must have it too.

zulux21

it's their big budget answer to MonHun,and with those number it bombed and bombed hard.
see you are basing that off completely unreasonable expectations... just because it was like MH doesn't mean they expected it to sell as well as MH4 would have, Short of giving everyone who bought the game priced at 5,000 yen a free playstation vita, I can't imagine any new IP on the vita could have done numbers like MH4 likely would have. Even if SS was the best game ever made, and everyone agreed that it was the best game ever made, it still wouldn't sell more than MH4 would in the first 3 weeks in japan.

your average consumer won't jump blindly onto a platform just for a single new IP. for halo or mario sure but not a new IP. SS is already one of the top selling games on the vita, that's really all the more sony could have asked for.

edit: oops one too many 0s in my original price post lol.

crinale

-so yeah got Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus after the delay,don't really have time to play it,but from what I've played it's decent,don't really require a guide so far and its not Chaos Legion quality but still kinda fun,but I need to play more before saying anything really.

There's a guide at GameFaqs that gives you idea how to play the game, in case you haven't already seen it.

How the SS's sales number is treated in Japan is far from "bombed" (actually it is exactly opposite). First week's number was actually higher than original MH.

Pimpbaa

Tempted on WRC for the Vita but looking at the reviews from last fall in its EU release...ehhhh.

It definitely has some issues, lack of a proper career mode, a lot of texture aliasing, stuttering when there is a lot of dust being kicked up by your car, repeating tracks too much. But the driving is fun and it's easy setup how long you want to race (a single race, a single rally event, or a championship with an adjustable amount of events).

zulux21

He's probably talking about Devil Summoner 2 remake and the announcement of the new Etrian Odyssey.... both of them which were LOCKED on 3DS to begin with...

Basically, he's being extremely stupid, which isn't really news.

Last i checked devil summoner 2 wasn't being remade anywhere, now devil survivor 2 is another story, but they are vastly different games.

now the prequel to the devil summoner series is also coming to the 3ds which is soul hackers, but again a vastly different game to devil summoner 2 :p

due to the confusion in the name and my wife's numerous times correcting me, and my wife being a huge megaten fangirl if I had not corrected you I would likely not have a wife anymore if she found out >.>;

Certinty

I see the Dead or Alive 5 Plus demo got taken down?

I've downloaded it but is there something I should be aware of? I remember Unit 13 demo got taken down to freezing the Vita.

Holmes

????? Soul Hackers isn't a prequel to anything, what are you talking about zulux? Are you thinking that Raidou 2 is the second entry in the series?

DR2K

Banned
I see the Dead or Alive 5 Plus demo got taken down?

I've downloaded it but is there something I should be aware of? I remember Unit 13 demo got taken down to freezing the Vita.

I heard mumbling about making it the full game for free in the cart.

-so Shahid(?) dude was right.

-and the dude here with the freaky Sackboy avatar(srsly that avatar is scary as hell) was legit,good stuff.

They were right about what? :p

Also, SO EXCITED that Sony is finally doing remote play right. All I needed to hear was that they're finally doing it proper and NOT LEAVING IT UP TO DEVS TO SUPPORT IT - meaning it will NEVER be supported. Now with the PS4 handling it natively we can finally get games supporting it!

andylsun

Mock if old, or if it's been going on for a while, but 16GB memory cards are $30 at Best Buy. Picked one up tonight along with a SHDC card for my new Raspberry Pi

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Woah, really? Everyone should download it and you should reveal your secrets so I can get some beat-up people since you're too good.

Did they fix the online yet? I haven't touched it since it took a good five minutes to find a match for me.

nampad

I think what you mean was just a wrong description in the EU store. Happens all the time that a demo is described as full version. I downloaded the free full game and it was clearly the demo version.

pretty angry right now just encountered some bad glitch or bug. i went and put my hsg card in the vita it doesnt do that normal load i usually see when it loads the card but i click and it plays.during an18 hole round i decide to back out to check the time. well when i do this it shifts left to the main screen and does the normal load of the card then i go back to the game and it closed it. the page was still there but my game closed. luckily what i was doin can be easily done again but this should not happen.

Ponn

Banned
Ok, so i'm indecisive, deal with it. I put a pin on getting Etrian odyssey till next paycheck and decided to go for both Totori and EDF while its on sale. That leaves me with $20 I need to spend to hit $100 for the $20 back in april. I already got Strangers Wrath a couple weeks ago when it was on sale (still haven't even booted it up once. I got a collecting problem and need help I know). Here are my options i'm looking at.

$10 Range

Persona PSP on sale
Persona 2 Eternal Punishment (I have 2 psp haven't touched yet and still have P3P to beat)
Star Wars zen Pinball table pack
Sine Mora
When Vikings Attack

$20 Range

Legend of Heroes TiTS (yes, I still haven't picked it up yet I know, its on my damn list OK!!)
Corpse Party Book of Shadows
Lets Fish
Sonic Racing Transformed (I played the demo, eh, I would consider it)
Peace Walker (I got MGS HD Coll Vita on sale a couple months ago, i've played a little bit, not excited about the series but willing to complete collection)

Sol1dus

Ok, so i'm indecisive, deal with it. I put a pin on getting Etrian odyssey till next paycheck and decided to go for both Totori and EDF while its on sale. That leaves me with $20 I need to spend to hit $100 for the $20 back in april. I already got Strangers Wrath a couple weeks ago when it was on sale (still haven't even booted it up once. I got a collecting problem and need help I know). Here are my options i'm looking at.

$10 Range

Persona PSP on sale
Persona 2 Eternal Punishment (I have 2 psp haven't touched yet and still have P3P to beat)
Star Wars zen Pinball table pack
Sine Mora
When Vikings Attack

$20 Range

Legend of Heroes TiTS (yes, I still haven't picked it up yet I know, its on my damn list OK!!)
Corpse Party Book of Shadows
Lets Fish
Sonic Racing Transformed (I played the demo, eh, I would consider it)
Peace Walker (I got MGS HD Coll Vita on sale a couple months ago, i've played a little bit, not excited about the series but willing to complete collection)

Sine mora

I'm in a predicament, you guys. ): Suzune and Daidouji just came out as DLC for Senran Kagura and I reeeeally want to buy and play as them, but I should be getting my copy of Kaizoku Musou 2 tomorrow and would prefer to play that on my main account. WHAT DO I DO?! D:

Ponn

Banned
This gets my vote.

I'm leaning this way, i've put it off for too long though unfortunately it would be addded right to my backlog. At least it would officially be in queue though.

Have you played the first game?

I've played it and love it, haven't finished it yet. I have alot of games I haven't finished yet...sigh. I love what they did with the sound in the game, headphones are required.

Sine mora

I need two $10 games.

Top Bottom