• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vivendi sells remaining Ubisoft shares

Shin

Banned
Nearly a year after first announcing an end to its bid to acquire Ubisoft, Vivendi has sold off its final shares in the Assassin's Creed publisher. As reported by Reuters, Vivendi today said it has sold off the last of its Ubisoft stake, representing about 5.9% of the company, for €429 million.

At its peak, Vivendi owned 30.5 million shares in Ubisoft, or about 27.3% of the company.
Though it did not realize its ambitions to bring the publisher in-house, Vivendi clearly benefitted from its investment. Reuters noted that Vivendi's total sales of Ubisoft shares brought in about €2 billion for a capital gain of €1.2 billion.

"Vivendi is no longer a Ubisoft shareholder and maintains its commitment to refrain from purchasing Ubisoft shares for a period of five years," the company said, adding that it is still looking to bolster its presence in the games industry.

Credit: GameIndustryBiz

FrankCaron

They must be expecting Ubisoft’s stock to take a similar hit to Activision’s. I wouldn’t be surprised; GaaS and BR wave is the next MMO mini-crash for the industry.

Dunki

They must be expecting Ubisoft’s stock to take a similar hit to Activision’s. I wouldn’t be surprised; GaaS and BR wave is the next MMO mini-crash for the industry.
I highly doubt that. when APX now reaches 50 Million players. The fad is far from over.

And for GAAS on mobile they are making more and more money.. There is no way this will crash anytime soon. Games right now fail because they lack the quality and are easy cash ins like Anthem. Ubisoft even though they release their big IPs every year has never really lost their innovative side. they also do not fight against gamers like EA does.

Last edited:

Solarstrike

Gold Member
Good. Maybe Vivendi can re-ignite a proper remaster of the Riddick games instead of seeking to grip the world in their claws.

Top Bottom