• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vox: Bernie Sanders is the Democrats’ real 2020 frontrunner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure I said Sanders supporters.

Okay, well, who are these Sanders supporters you're referring to, what are they refusing to compromise on, and how is said refusal to compromise demonstrably hurting the party?

Obviously, compromises are necessary in our politics, but absent specifics, this frequently strikes me as code for "ceasing any and all criticism of the Democratic Party from the left." Perhaps I'm wrong, but please do elaborate.

If Bernies runs, I would love to see the meltdowns if he wins. Especially in a landslide.

U9axXAM.png

Meltdowns from who? The nearly nonexistent Trump fans on GAF? The nearly nonexistent people who wouldn't vote for him over whatever shit candidate Republicans field? These hypothetical meltdowns seem to be of your own creation

Okay, well, who are these Sanders supporters you're referring to, what are they refusing to compromise on, and how is said refusal to compromise demonstrably hurting the party?

Obviously, compromises are necessary in our politics, but absent specifics, this frequently strikes me as code for "ceasing any and all criticism of the Democratic Party from the left." Perhaps I'm wrong, but please do elaborate.

Weren't you just shitting on people for being democrats and voting for Clinton? Didn't you just accuse folks who voted for Clinton of being anti-left? Come on man. Leave that shit in the past and push forward.

Weren't you just shitting on people for being democrats and voting for Clinton? Didn't you just accuse folks who voted for Clinton of being anti-left? Come on man. Leave that shit in the past and push forward.

No, I think I was pretty clear that I was referring to the ardently anti-Sanders folks on PoliGAF and the like and emphasizing that they're absolutely not representative of the average Clinton primary voter.

Sanders supporters not being able to move on and compromise are splitting the party apart. Clinton and her wing compromised and put together a progressive platform. People like you have to accept that you won't get everything on your wishlist and compromise and move forward.
Isn't this a little bit ironic? Hillary lost once, came back, and lost again. Many people in this thread are acting like this is appreciation for Jill Stein or that other schmuck that faked a heart attack on TV. Bernie had a legit shot at winning, had a coveted base behind him, and has been consistent in his political views since he has been a politician.

Compromise would have been the DNC backing a candidate that brought in people new to politics, brought in centrists, and had rural support. The DNC split the party apart by backing the candidate based on past relationships instead of where the energy was.

And, again, I voted for Hillary. I would have rather had Hillary than Trump, period. This crusade against Sanders supporters is sad, though. Hillary lost twice, once unfairly, but she had the full support of the party behind her and strong mainstream media coverage. Why is it such a problem that some want/ed the same for Bernie?

I'm curious what you define as compromise here and how.

Like, Sanders is literally out there right now campaigning hard to defend the ACA. If that's not compromise, what is?

Hell, how is Sanders endorsing Clinton and campaigning for her not compromise?

They said Sanders supporters not being able to compromise not Sanders himself.

Everyone could see Sanders putting support for Hillary after he conceded the nomination...his supporters however thought he was being controlled by Donna Brazile herself.

Isn't this a little bit ironic? Hillary lost once, came back, and lost again. Many people in this thread are acting like this is appreciation for Jill Stein or that other schmuck that faked a heart attack on TV. Bernie had a legit shot at winning, had a coveted base behind him, and has been consistent in his political views since he has been a politician.

Bernie's shot was over after Super Tuesday. Of course, trying to explain electoral math to a diehard Bernie supporter was like pulling teeth.

Compromise would have been the DNC backing a candidate that brought in people new to politics, brought in centrists, and had rural support. The DNC split the party apart by backing the candidate based on past relationships instead of where the energy was.

The energy was with the woman who got nearly 4 million more votes. Sanders should have bowed out much, much earlier.

And, again, I voted for Hillary. I would have rather had Hillary than Trump, period. This crusade against Sanders supporters is sad, though. Hillary lost twice, once unfairly, but she had the full support of the party behind her and strong mainstream media coverage. Why is it such a problem that some want/ed the same for Bernie?

The way the Bernie supporters were acting during the DNC was shameful. Shouting idiotic protests over the people speaking.....so childish. Bernie and his surrogates were lying to these people and whipping them into a frenzy for months.

Bernie was literally The Dark Knight.

James Gordon Jr.: Batman? Batman! Why's he running dad?
Lt. James Gordon: Because we have to chase him.
Cop: Okay we're going in! Go, go! Move!
James Gordon Jr.: He didn't do anything wrong.
Lt. James Gordon: Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Knight.

This time there won't be a sequel though. There won't be a The Dark Knight Rises. We had our chance with Bernie and we blew it. Please look forward to your 8 years of Trump.

Nafai1123

Banned
No, I think I was pretty clear that I was referring to the ardently anti-Sanders folks on PoliGAF and the like and emphasizing that they're absolutely not representative of the average Clinton primary voter.

You keep talking about anti-Sanders people on GAF as if they're a majority, without providing any evidence of that fact.

Most of the animosity around here was directed at ardently anti-Hillary people, not Bernie...but please keep ignoring that part for the sake of your argument I guess.

You keep talking about anti-Sanders people on GAF as if they're a majority, without providing any evidence of that fact.

Most of the animosity around here was directed at ardently anti-Hillary people, not Bernie...but please keep ignoring that part for the sake of your argument I guess.

Oh, how I wish that were true.

Meta-PoliGAF discussion is gonna be fruitless, so I'll leave it at that for now.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Bernie was literally The Dark Knight.

This time there won't be a sequel though. There won't be a The Dark Knight Rises. We had our chance with Bernie and we blew it. Please look forward to your 8 years of Trump.

- Compared an important election to a comic book movie.

- Misused the word 'literally.'

- Pretended that Bernie would have certainly beat Trump despite not being able to beat Hillary. (But some polls said he would do well though!)

- Blamed people who voted for Hillary in the primary for Trump and not, you know, the people who voted for Trump.

Yeah, great post.

g11

Nah, I like Bernie, but come on, he'd be too old. I'd be legitimately disappointed if Bernie or Hillary ran in 2020. I'm hoping Elizabeth Warren will run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom