• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

vtubers?

Luna started to do ASMR and it hits different. It's like... wanting to sleep but you have a little child in the room that runs around and shouts words she just learned. A bit like Pokemon/Piplup ASMR I guess.
But what can I say. It feels oddly comforting. Also nice to have a change for once. Really getting tired of always the same "ear cleaning" stuff.

NahaNago

Luna started to do ASMR and it hits different. It's like... wanting to sleep but you have a little child in the room that runs around and shouts words she just learned. A bit like Pokemon/Piplup ASMR I guess.
But what can I say. It feels oddly comforting. Also nice to have a change for once. Really getting tired of always the same "ear cleaning" stuff.

What I did listen to of this was just disturbing:messenger_grimmacing_

Anton668

Never thought i'd see Mousey in the Washington Post...

How a pink-haired anime girl became one of Twitch’s biggest stars

Ironmouse is the alter ego of a Puerto Rican Twitch star who’s kept her real identity anonymous and crafted an elaborate backstory in service of her online persona. Planning, she says, has never been her strong suit. In real life, she suffers from a chronic illness called common variable immune deficiency, or CVID, which leaves her highly susceptible to infection, as well as a lung condition. Even before the coronavirus pandemic, this has forced her to isolate from people and has, at various points, left her bedridden and on oxygen. She never knows when it might impact her, which makes it difficult to prepare for just about anything. And so, largely homebound, she disappears behind her digital avatar — known among Twitch and YouTube users as a virtual YouTuber, or “Vtuber” for short — and slips into the character of Ironmouse as an escape.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
What The Wtf GIF by Justin

Someone explain what the hell this is. Is it another "never nuke a country twice" situation, or do Western vtubers also exist? Maybe someone can genuinely explain the appeal of this, I don't seem to get it.

Labolas

What is there to get? They're streamers with anime avatars. I don't think there any more simple way I can explain it. They are anonymous rl essentially. And yes there are Western vtubers. Have been for years now. There are corporate v-tubers like Hololive, Nijisanji, Phase Connect, and VShoujo and there are independent vtubers. Some of the most popular ones are from Hololive and Vshoujo and are female. Some relies on a gimmick (ie being thots or lesbian-baiting), or some on their talents (ie singing, being funny, or having creative streams). But vtubers are appealing because the fact that there is barely any personal or political baggage or divide when watching a vtuber.

There are several videos that go into details better on what they are and why they blew up.

Labolas

Seeing Iroha recreated in some of my favorite games makes me wish we had a legit Hololive videogame.
iu

Lol, poor Chloe.

Last edited:
Heard of "Hyakumantenbara Salome" yet? A mysterious new Nijisanji joke Vtuber that is completely going through the roof in popularity. She is the fastest Vtuber to ever reach 1M subscriptions and thus overtook Chloe and Gura on that statistic, putting Nijisanji ahead of Hololive now.

Her debut was on the day the official Nijisanji channel hit 1M subscribers and her name is actually a reference to that. And her loading screen featured her turning and changing to the president of Nijisanji and back again.
But she claims she is not him and everything else is also just coincidence lol.

Not even the popular doxxing sites have her identity yet.

Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIfLpQvelloDi8I0Ycbwpg

Last edited:

Shaqazooloo

Haven't watched any of her streams, only know about her because other Niji members like Pomu have said her "Desuwa" in their streams.

Also this clip:

Insane how popular she became.

Last edited:
Seems like Youtube is banning every Vtuber doing ASMR now. They also killed Momonya and will immediately close appeals with an automated reply. Mashiro is also banned.
Other Vtubers are starting to take all their ASMR videos off, so better watch them fast.

Shaqazooloo

Usually I don't watch games like this but when these girls collab it's pretty fun time.

Fauna POV:

Kronii POV:

Last edited:

Stitch

Gold Member
Superliminal is really a must play if you enjoy games like Portal. It can also be completed in like 2-3 hours or less.

After completing it it's really fun to watch some of the girls playing it

turn on subtitles

Last edited:
Top Bottom