• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wait, What? Mario Strikers Charged Review

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
blizeH said:
Super LTTP, but this must be without a doubt the most unsatisfying football game I've ever played. You can knock it about and create some awesome scoring chances, but just through regular play you don't stand a chance. You can take it past someone, get it to the edge of the box, square it someone in loads of space, shoot and 9/10 the keeper will save it.

By contrast you can just stand there, not really bothering too much, create a tiny amount of space and just hold down the shoot button before scoring a guaranteed goal, or maybe 5 or even 6 if you're lucky. From one shot. WTF?

(edit) Agreed with Roi really. I was hoping this would be Sega Soccer Slam with Mario characters. But it really isn't.

You could have just made a LTTP thread.

Ledsen

Why would you spoiler review text and/or score? I hate it so much. Even if it was defendable to do so (it isn't), why would anyone even enter this thread if they didn't want to read the text? aaarrrrrrrggggh

(sorry but this is a huge pet peeve of mine :()

faridmon

You bump 3 years old thread and say about the game what isn't true? the should make the 8th circle of hell for the 8th sin.

and MSC is the best football game ever. I am sorru if you disagree with this, but it is the truth.

Crisis

Banned
Ledsen said:
Why would you spoiler review text and/or score? I hate it so much. Even if it was defendable to do so (it isn't), why would anyone even enter this thread if they didn't want to read the text? aaarrrrrrrggggh

It was all the rage back in 2007.

Ledsen said:

It was three years ago. Twas the style at the time. Be happy it's out of style now, unlike the Capcom = Konami "joke" which persists to this day.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
faridmon said:
and MSC is the best football game ever. I am sorru if you disagree with this, but it is the truth.

big_une.png

Not even close.

Mael

Segata Sanshiro said:
It was three years ago. Twas the style at the time. Be happy it's out of style now, unlike the Capcom = Konami "joke" which persists to this day.

Well to be fair some of their games were really similar back in the day, now? not so much....
for me it's more nostalgia than anything...

On topic WTF thought this was a good idea to bump this zombie of a thread?
I mean for a second I thought it was a recent topic!

Crisis

Banned
faridmon said:
You bump 3 years old thread and say about the game what isn't true? the should make the 8th circle of hell for the 8th sin.

Oh wow. You are wrong. I know it's an opinion or whatever but there's no way this is correct. That's like walking outside and saying the sky is glowing neon green.

Mael

Crisis said:
Oh wow. You are wrong. I know it's an opinion or whatever but there's no way this is correct. That's like walking outside and saying the sky is glowing neon green.

well some people ARE color blind :/

Lijik

Crisis said:
Yeah for real. We all know this is the best footy game of all time:
review-best-prices-on-academy-of-champions-soccer-nintendo-wii-free-shipping-orders-now-save.jpg

faridmon

Crisis said:
well, I never said it for people who hates fun

Speevy

Banned
The Gamecube version of Sega Soccer Slam (which let's be honest, you probably played it since there was next to nothing on the Cube at that time) is marred by those horrible load times.

I'm not sure how much the PS2 and Xbox versions were improved in that regard.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Regulus Tera said:
I said it was better, not prettier.

I think you quoted the wrong person. ;)

Speevy said:
Xbox versions were improved in that regard.

That's the version I played and loved and I cannot remember the load times being bad at all.

Dr.Hadji

[Nintex] said:
You certainly did not play this game and never experienced how broken it was.

Nothing broken about Diddy's Red Card super. Bait that shiz out. But if you're talking about chips shots and similar things then get over it dood. Nothing broken about it. Just more crying that Nintendo multiplayer evolves beyond what some people want.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ledsen said:

I think it was banned a while back that you couldn't do it anymore, for that reason. This is a 3 year old topic, and its very assholish to retroactively ban someone.

$200

Banned
Damn you haters. This game is a gem and is no doubt the most underrated Wii game I have played. Both single player mode and multiplayers are great and online mode is second to none except to Mario Kart Wii.

:mad:

Boney

Banned
Willy105 said:
Your mother.
You do know you're not really Diddy right?

Anyway, this game is awesome. Bumper, all mario sports come with retarded AI at first. The games gets really hard later on. Mega Strikes are awful though. You can't score shit and they halt the pacing.

Top Bottom