• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Walgreens employee made fun of my shirt, said, "Dude, I was just giving you shit."

Status
Not open for further replies.

emb

Light-hearted banter about sports team stuff seems perfectly acceptable to me. Swearing while talking to random people you're serving is really unprofessional imo. Still, I think you're making a bigger deal out of it than it is... but then it also depends on his tone, how you reacted, etc.

DarkFlow

Banned
Mmm...so everyone is ignoring the part in the OP where I say I don't care. Got it.

The point is: I would have never cursed at a customer when working a random job as a teenager. It just struck me as funny.

Sheesh. You guys are all stuffy on St. Patrick's Day.

You care enough to make a thread about it.

Vyrance

Mmm...so everyone is ignoring the part in the OP where I say I don't care. Got it.

The point is: I would have never cursed at/said shit a customer when working a random job as a teenager. It just struck me as funny.

He did not curse at you, he made a joke man

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
You would not survive in Australia.

Chuck

Still without luck

The point is: I would have never cursed at/said shit a customer when working a random job as a teenager. It just struck me as funny.

a teenager making a harmless joke in a minimum wage job at walgreens??

WHAT HAS THIS HORRIBLE WORLD COME TOOOOOOOOOOOO

Proper reaction would be

475.gif

Or if he REALLY wants him to feel it
ibvZGONZKi4nIR.gif

Salsa

it's kinda hard to interpret this:

1) now, I dont care

2) have we lost all human decency? anyone else encounter crude/rude/bad attitudes?

OP you care

You would not survive in Australia.

spiders dont waste time giving you shit

Booshka

The point is, can you imagine working somewhere as a teenager and saying this to a customer? Have we lost all human decency? Or is this just the breaks when it comes to shopping at Walgreens?

OP Seriously, it's a fucking sports team shirt, for the Bears too, you got your balls busted.

For what it's worth, OP, I'm on your side.

I don't care how playful the banter is. Keep that shit to yourself. It's not the end of the world, but sometimes you don't want to deal with people's unprofessionalism.

Edit: Oh, you weren't really offended?

In that case have at it.

marrec

Banned

Eh, he works at Walgreens. I've had shitty service jobs in the past, to be sure, and would never have said "dude I was just giving you shit" but I would definitely give them shit, you know what I mean.

Wearing a sports shirt is an open invitation for shit to be given from other sports fans.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
You should get him fired and be there for when it happens, wearing that very same shirt, when he walks past you with all the disappointment in the world, simply say, "UH OH LOOKS LIKE YOU WONT BE SERVING ANY BEAR FANS EVER AGAIN"

DiscoJer

He didn't make fun of your shirt. He joked about you being a Bears fan.

Cardinals and Cubs fans do the same thing to each other all the time.

rjinaz

Sounds like a cool guy. What store?

On a serious note, I learned in retail it's best just to keep your thoughts to yourself. You never know what might offend somebody and it's not worth losing your job over. Guessing that person will find out the hard way.

Like, the entire point of wearing your colors in public is that somebody can give you shit for it so you can engage in fun sports talk.

So how did you respond to the employee in order for him to say "Dude, chill, I was just giving you shit."?
You must've given him the stinkmeaner face or something.

Salsa

at bar

girl: uhhh that shirt, you guys sure sucked last game ;) want a drink to make up for it?

op: OH MY GOD I DIDNT HAVE TIME TO DRESS UP ;_; THE DECENCY

mr2xxx

Banned
Have a beer and drop any type of sports fandom because if you can't handle that then you're in for a rude awakening.

The intended tone of this thread was clearly misinterpreted. I take full responsibility...thought some of the blame rests on you.

GOOD GOLLY MISS MOLLY YOU GUYS.

I walk in:

"UH OH WE DON'T SERVE BEARS FANS IN HERE!!!"

And you take offense to this so much that you claim that this person has "lost all human decency" and then ask if "rude, crude and/or bad attitude teenage cashiers" are the norm when shopping at Walgreens?

Dude.
Dude.

You and SolVanderlyn should attend social gatherings together. It'd be great.

Actually got me laughing out loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom