• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wallpaper Engine - Share your best gaming wallpapers!

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Oh, really interesting topic!

I love wallpaper engine.

Right now I have a dual monitor setup, with FFVII Remake wallpapers - Sephiroth on the left monitor, Cloud on right.

Will post artworks later when I leave work.

PS: Didn't knew there was an app for smartphones, really dope.

Last edited:

raduque

How much does this impact system performance, and does it put a load on the GPU?

I remember back in the day Windows Vista Ultimate had a "live wallpaper" feature that had a pretty noticeable impact on system performance and responsiveness.

How much does this impact system performance, and does it put a load on the GPU?

I remember back in the day Windows Vista Ultimate had a "live wallpaper" feature that had a pretty noticeable impact on system performance and responsiveness.

Nothing when you play games fullscreen. The engine automatically pauses/stops the wallpaper while anything is on fullscreen, including browsers. 0 reasons not to use it.

my favorite one is https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1586192671

but I mostly use cyberpunk ones.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
On PC it's amazingly smooth and not heavy at all on GPU.

On smartphones I'm currently testing it out, but I've read it takes a bigger toll on battery.

Last edited:

Fbh

on a beefy enough PC almost nothing since it automatically pauses when you launch any sort of application (or open a folder )
Ended up uninstalling it on my laptop though (16gb 1050ti) as it made the desktop feel sluggish and it struggled with me frequently using an external monitor.

Last edited:

IFireflyl

Gold Member
Mobille:

7E07F18AE777C3AB9020130F93A6CEA5E88DD1C4

Desktop:

EEE3D8F00EAF38FC2E9A64866E566AB541B57965

On my desktop I also use Rainmeter for a translucent taskbar.

pCBmJpx.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom