• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wallpaper Engine - Share your best gaming wallpapers!

Nankatsu

Oh, really interesting topic!

I love wallpaper engine.

Right now I have a dual monitor setup, with FFVII Remake wallpapers - Sephiroth on the left monitor, Cloud on right.

Will post artworks later when I leave work.

PS: Didn't knew there was an app for smartphones, really dope.

Last edited:

raduque

How much does this impact system performance, and does it put a load on the GPU?

I remember back in the day Windows Vista Ultimate had a "live wallpaper" feature that had a pretty noticeable impact on system performance and responsiveness.

How much does this impact system performance, and does it put a load on the GPU?

I remember back in the day Windows Vista Ultimate had a "live wallpaper" feature that had a pretty noticeable impact on system performance and responsiveness.

Nothing when you play games fullscreen. The engine automatically pauses/stops the wallpaper while anything is on fullscreen, including browsers. 0 reasons not to use it.

my favorite one is https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1586192671

but I mostly use cyberpunk ones.

Nankatsu

On PC it's amazingly smooth and not heavy at all on GPU.

On smartphones I'm currently testing it out, but I've read it takes a bigger toll on battery.

Last edited:

Fbh

on a beefy enough PC almost nothing since it automatically pauses when you launch any sort of application (or open a folder )
Ended up uninstalling it on my laptop though (16gb 1050ti) as it made the desktop feel sluggish and it struggled with me frequently using an external monitor.

Last edited:

IFireflyl

Gold Member
Mobille:

7E07F18AE777C3AB9020130F93A6CEA5E88DD1C4

Desktop:

EEE3D8F00EAF38FC2E9A64866E566AB541B57965

On my desktop I also use Rainmeter for a translucent taskbar.

pCBmJpx.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom