• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wanna feel old?

Majine

Banned
888.jpg

III-V

Haha yes my 3yo son tries to touch the desktop monitor like it's the iPad. He's like, it's not working.

They have learned to expect a touch sensitive interface at a very young age.

Aeana

This doesn't make me feel old, because my mom's immediate reaction given an unfamiliar device is to try to touch the screen too.

low-G

I’ve explicitly described to my daughter that not as screens are touch screens. I think she gets it. Doesn’t even try the touch the Switch screen.

Mr-Joker

Banned
This doesn't make me feel old, because my mom's immediate reaction given an unfamiliar device is to try to touch the screen too.

Same as my mother does that as well, which is ironic as she's such a technophobe and did not like touch screen or the tablet when my dad first brought it for her.

Giga Man

That poor lime green Game Boy Color, being abused like that.

I feel ya. It's just the trends of the world today.

Ravelle

Doesn't really make me feel old though, shows more that her parents let her play with a tablet too much. It's odd that she completely ignore the existing buttons, kids love to press buttons.

I didn't even have a gameboy, that was for "rich people". All I had in long car trips was one these things.

2017-Classic-Childhood-font-b-Tetris-b-font-Game-Hand-Held-LCD-Electronic-Game-Toys-Fun.jpg

GLAMr

About 5 years ago my nephew (who was 9 at the time) and I found a VHS cassette on a box, and he asked what it was. I explained it was a tape for playing video. He exclaimed:

"It must be good quality video! Look how big it is compared to a DVD!"

Durock

About 5 years ago my nephew (who was 9 at the time) and I found a VHS cassette on a box, and he asked what it was. I explained it was a tape for playing video. He exclaimed:

"It must be good quality video! Look how big it is compared to a DVD!"

I’d like to know his reaction to an old school record lol

Doesn't really make me feel old though, shows more that her parents let her play with a tablet too much. It's odd that she completely ignore the existing buttons, kids love to press buttons.

I didn't even have a gameboy, that was for "rich people". All I had in long car trips was one these things.

2017-Classic-Childhood-font-b-Tetris-b-font-Game-Hand-Held-LCD-Electronic-Game-Toys-Fun.jpg

I had a couple of these when I was a kid - never more than 1 or 2 at the same time, but they got so much usage from me that I needed to switch 'em eventually. My Tetris skills were honed on these beasts, nowadays whenever I jump into a Tetris game I destroy everyone. Thank you Chinese Tetris rip-offs, you've made me who I am today.

God I'm fucking old.

Inb4: "It's bad to be an adult who really likes kids!"
(Off-topic thread quote)

What was the conversation, exactly? Not to detail, but maaaan I have a real problem with non-parents who proudly announce how much they hate children. It's really unnecessary, immature and wholly lacking in perspective.

It reminds me of people shitting on Nintendo for making "kiddy games". I feel like the older I've gotten and the more mature I've grown, the more I've come to love and just overall appreciate things exemplifying innocence and joy, wonder and curiosity etc.

Redlogic

I thought this thread was going to be about that new show on MTV called 90's House, where people have to survive like they are living through the 90's. Now THAT made me feel old AF.

I've actually seen my wife's little cousin do that to a regular framed photo on a table. He picked it up and tried to swipe it several times before getting irritated and dropping it.

Old af confirmed

I thought this thread was going to be about that new show on MTV called 90's House, where people have to survive like they are living through the 90's. Now THAT made me feel old AF.

What!? Holy mother...

Klart

We have Ipads as well, but my kids asked me for a Vita.

Two already got one, the third one might get one later (a bit young now).

Redlogic

I've actually seen my wife's little cousin do that to a regular framed photo on a table. He picked it up and tried to swipe it several times before getting irritated and dropping it.

Old af confirmed

What!? Holy mother...

Yea, they took away their cell phones in the preview i saw...you would have thought they all died at that moment. Ridiculous!

http://www.mtv.com/shows/90s-house

Sorry for the derail...but this just made me feel so old

Top Bottom