• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: The Senate voted against the GOP bill to make sweeping changes to ACA

Apathy

"Hey I got brain cancer but fuck it I get insurance from my work through all the taxes we collect from these idiots so they can just die and I don't care"

If I were a religious person I would have said God gave McCain brain cancer right before this vote so he could have the chance to make amends and do the right thing, think of others that would be in his situation and what they would gave to go through. Guess I should have remember these cunts on the right only believe in supply side Jesus.

cameron

0teZyRg.png

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/890168183079960576

The master tactician is attacking Lisa Murkowski.

Edit: Her statement on yesterday's the motion to proceed vote:
https://twitter.com/lisamurkowski/status/890001590786158594

Can we finally say fuck off John McCain or is still a mean thing to do?
It wasn't mean to begin with. He has no spine. He's not doing his job to serve the people of America, as are the rest of the Republicans. I've never left the fuck John McCain bandwagon.

Just because a murder has cancer doesn't change the fact that he was a murder.

Just using murderer as an example. Not referring to McCain as one. Well, if this bill passes then...

The crowd in Ohio was amazing last night - broke all records.

What fucking records? What possible historical data do we have for attendance at a first year president's late July Youngstown campaign rally/wrestling promo, and who is keeping records of it?

What fucking records? What possible historical data do we have for attendance at a first year president's late July Youngstown campaign rally/wrestling promo, and who is keeping records of it?
Trump honestly believes that every single thing he does is either groundbreaking or record setting. If he weren't so clearly insane it would almost be inspiring.

Harmen

So I don't understand, our news says the Republican bill did not pass but I also see reports that ACA (Obamacare) is finished?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
So I don't understand, our news says the Republican bill did not pass but I also see reports that ACA (Obamacare) is finished?

ACA isn't dead yet, but there will be many attempts this week by the GOP to vote in a repeal or replacement option. They started last night by trying to vote in the BRCA which did fail(expected as it needed 60). But that is the beginning. (They need this done before August break and the budget deadline, so here we are awaiting the blitzkreig)

The big threat will be the skinny repeal which you can read about damn near everywhere. That requires only 50 votes(only allows budgetary changes) and would literally collapse the stability of the framework by removing the mandates. 3 Republicans need to firmly vote no for it to fail, and seemingly Collins may be the only one in the party with principles to do so right now.

Harmen

Its the former. The latter is people not knowing how this shit works.

ACA isn't dead yet, but there will be many attempts this week by the GOP to vote in a repeal or replacement option. They started last night by trying to vote in the BRCA which did fail(expected as it needed 60). But that is the beginning. (They need this done before August break and the budget deadline, so here we are awaiting the blitzkreig)

The big threat will be the skinny repeal which you can read about damn near everywhere. That requires only 50 votes(only allows budgetary changes) and would literally collapse the stability of the framework by removing the mandates. 3 Republicans need to firmly vote no for it to fail, and seemingly Collins may be the only one in the party with principles to do so right now.

Thanks, hopefully they will fail and instead people will stand up and improve healthcare rather than dismanteling it.

Steejee

Trump honestly believes that every single thing he does is either groundbreaking or record setting. If he weren't so clearly insane it would almost be inspiring.

He also seems to have this rather unique (or at least he's the only person I've ever seen do this) thing where he seems to believe he's the first person to realize/understand something when he learns it. Anytime he goes "Most people don't know this", it's inevitably followed by something almost *everyone* knows, or something that's complete made up BS, and never actually something that's both true and generally not known. I've met people that were pretty dumb but thought they were the smartest person in the universe, but even they never did this sorta "I didn't know it before, and I'm super duper smart, therefore almost nobody knew it before either!" thing.

Ithil

Non-existent. He says things like that for everything just because it makes him sound impressive and important. Every one of them is just made up on the spot.

Arkansas' Medicaid program has been very effective. They negotiated with the Obama admin to include small patient copays, and were given other leeway to craft it. Outright repeal would cost Cotton his job.
lol no way

Cotton could be caught fucking a midget prostitute and he'd still win in 2020.

Top Bottom