• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump Foundation lacks the certification for charities that solicit money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
So it's not a real charity... Does that mean the things he can't do with a charity he can actually do?

Hmm, so if it's technically not a real charity, then the fact that he used money someone gave him to buy a Tebow helmet and a portrait of himself (what a fucking douche, by the way) isn't illegal!

It's like if someone handed me $5 and I headed straight to Starbucks to buy myself a latte!

Man, dance move back in the 90s were so weird.

Live look into Hillary's office

qx9UAfh.gif

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Every single week of Trump's campaign there has been an 'October Surprise' that would end any other candidate. It's insane.

4Tran

I don't find this surprising at all - Trump is all about exploiting loopholes for his own advantage, so it was likely that a number of these lie on the far side of legal. I doubt that this will affect the big Trump fans, but it's sure to erode his marginal support - one more nail in the coffin if you will.

It's a long standing concept in US presidential elections; refers to one side harboring information about the other side until October so that the bad news is timed to hurt most.
The one genius thing about Trump is that there's no way to pull off an October surprise against him - his scandals never stop coming, so anything release in October would only be business as usual!

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Man, the gift that keeps on giving huh.

Next, Trump Foundation proven to be a front for money laundering for drug cartels. Oops no prosecution due to some technicality/loophole, and somehow his polls number keep rising!

This fucking election...

Piecake

Man, the gift that keeps on giving huh.

Next, Trump Foundation proven to be a front for money laundering for drug cartels. Oops no prosecution due to some technicality/loophole, and somehow his polls number keep rising!

This fucking election...

Personally, I am hoping for the Russian Mafia who have ties with Putin

I am cautiously optimistic about this. I mean, clearly the responses are going to be:
1) "But Hillary..."
2) Schneiderman is a democrat and is only going after Trump to help Hillary
3) Its a rigged system
4) Look at Bill Clinton's affairs

I just really hope this affects him negatively and we can stop the Clinton Foundation talks as the Trump Foundation actually is embroiled in scandals.

So, as far as I've read, the consequences of this, if he's found to have actually broken these rules, is that the donations have to be reimbursed. So, not exactly campaign ending, by itself, right?

Cyan

Banned
So, as far as I've read, the consequences of this, if he's found to have actually broken these rules, is that the donations have to be reimbursed. So, not exactly campaign ending, by itself, right?

It doesn't matter, honestly. None of the campaign-ending things Trump has done have actually been campaign-ending.

It doesn't matter, honestly. None of the campaign-ending things Trump has done have actually been campaign-ending.

Well, yeah. Phrased that poorly. Once you're the nominee, I think the idea of campaign-ending goes out the window. Short of dying, his campaign ends Nov. 8th. But, I'm still curious. Having to pay back the donations doesn't seem too onerous.

Exactly. People who say, "Wow THIS is the one thing that's going to sink his campaign!" haven't been paying attention.

By the way, what's with the sudden flood of Trump threads in the gaming section? Shouldn't these be in off-topic?

Well, yeah. Phrased that poorly. Once you're the nominee, I think the idea of campaign-ending goes out the window. Short of dying, his campaign ends Nov. 8th. But, I'm still curious. Having to pay back the donations doesn't seem too onerous.

Well, "Campaign ending" means different things to different candidates in different races. Prognosticators have been consistently wrong about Trump because this isn't a normal period of time and he's not a normal candidate. Nothing he says or does phases his numbers, which have continually hovered between 38-42% for months now. More troubling (or encouraging if you're a Trump fan) is the fact that his numbers have gone up slightly even after a debate performance that people on both sides of the aisle agree was, ahem, lackluster/meandering/obnoxious. The problem is many rational people don't seem to be able to understand his appeal, and it goes way beyond xenophobia/race baiting (although that is certainly there in dog whistle form).

Cyan

Banned
By the way, what's with the sudden flood of Trump threads in the gaming section? Shouldn't these be in off-topic?

There was one recently that was posted on gaming, but got moved when a mod saw it. There have been a few threads about Luckey, which seemed ok since that was gaming-related as well as political. I don't see any Trump threads in gaming currently, but may have missed something. Do let us know if you spot any obviously OT threads in gaming, so we can move them.

I think that when we look back on this campaign, history will show that most of those things were campaign killers and that the Trump campaign was a shambling zombie for most of the general election.

sazzy

861waRt.png

Also this would fuck up the tax returns of everyone who donated to the foundation and claimed a deduction for charitable contribution.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Soooo he's totally going to court after he loses the election, right? I don't mean solely for this, but for all the illegal shenanigans that have been cropping up.

Really wish all these scandals were taken seriously by the DOJ.
We all know it will just end up with a simple slap on the tiny wrist in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom