• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump boasts about his philanthropy. But his giving falls short of his words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pbae

VVYd4x8.jpg

This is a 80's cartoon villain personified...

Tall4Life

Those charities were clearly all owned by Soros and Cuban and they lied about Mr. Trump's generous donations -- he gives the best donations, by the way -- to advance their hatred of progress for America. Sad! /s

_Ryo_

Such a petty, greedy, narcissistic, bigotted, sexual assaulting, evil piece of shit. Does this guy have any sense of morality at all?

So basically he gave more money to some randos in a RAW audience than to any actual charity.
Well, it's likely Vince McMahon's money, just like the $5+ million McMahon put in the Trump Foundation that Trump has used to pay charities, lawsuits, or for himself.

It's really amazing how Trump was very open with us from the start about how he doesn't use his own money when he said Mexico would pay for the wall. He's lived his whole life like this. Must be nice.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Well, it's likely Vince McMahon's money, just like the $5+ million McMahon put in the Trump Foundation that Trump has used to pay charities, lawsuits, or for himself.

It's really amazing how Trump was very open with us from the start about how he doesn't use his own money when he said Mexico would pay for the wall. He's lived his whole life like this. Must be nice.
Don't forget giving Serena Williams a free framed photo of herself as a gift.

2a1.gif

Syder

I fear this story isn't going to be enough to convince the right-leaning undecideds that couldn't give a shit about the needy to not vote for Trump.

CHC

He's just such an awful man, truly and to the bitter end. I hope after this race he's ruined in terms of public image - he deserves nothing that he has and frankly I hope I never have to see or hear from him or his awful children again. So tiring hearing about everything he has done so, so wrong and still having none of it get through to his adoring fans.

It's really just more sad than anything how transparent his campaign is when it comes to exploiting anger and disenfranchisement for the inflation of his ego.

And finally, I find it so pathetic that a stupid tape about sexual remarks is what finally caused people to distance him, rather than his countless lies and abuses of people and systems throughout from the moment he could walk and speak.

I fear this story isn't going to be enough to convince the right-leaning undecideds that couldn't give a shit about the needy to not vote for Trump.
Nothing will. He's the worst candidate in the history of general elections, but if you care about gun control, the Supreme Court seats, Republican policies, or even just legislating bigotry, what else are you going to do? I've voted for a lot of shitheads (on a much smaller scale) because I had no other viable choice.

In 1997, for instance, he was “principal for a day” at a public school in an impoverished area of the Bronx. The chess team was holding a bake sale, Hot & Crusty danishes and croissants. They were $5,000 short of what they needed to travel to a tournament.

Trump had brought something to wow them.

“He handed them a fake million-dollar bill,” said David MacEnulty, a teacher and the chess team’s coach.

The team’s parent volunteers were thrilled.

Then disappointment.

Trump then gave them $200 in real money and drove away in a limousine.

Why just $200?

“I have no idea,” MacEnulty said. “He was about the most clueless person I’ve ever seen in that regard.”

The happy ending, he said, was that a woman read about Trump’s gift in the New York Times, called the school and donated the $5,000. “I am ashamed to be the same species as this man,” MacEnulty recalled her saying.

HOT FIRE

Risible

"New findings, for instance, show that the Trump Foundation’s largest-ever gift — $264,631 — was used to renovate a fountain outside the windows of Trump’s Plaza Hotel.

Its smallest-ever gift, for $7, was paid to the Boy Scouts in 1989, at a time when it cost $7 to register a new Scout. Trump’s oldest son was 11 at the time. Trump did not respond to a question about whether the money was paid to register him."

FUCKING LOL. Used his charity organization to pay for a $7 Boy Scout application fee. How fucking cheap can you get?

Haven't been able to check. Anyone know if CNN and company picking up on any of this , or is it all still about e-mails and Comey and stuff?

"He had not, apparently, faced any kind of scrutiny for the way he ran the Trump Foundation. Former IRS officials say that’s not surprising. They said the IRS largely relies on the honor system: It asks charities to flag their own bad behavior, reporting if they made a prohibited political gift or committed an act of self-dealing.

The Trump Foundation never did."

That makes me smart, why should I denounce myself? Hillary Clinton worked 30 years, 30 years and she didn't do anything, she could've changed the law, but she didn't! Guess her friends at Wall Street did even worse than me, right?

- The Donald

finley83

Banned
This man is a fucking cartoon character. I can't even begin to fathom what goes through his brain on a minute-by-minute basis. This is the kind of man that cheats playing Monopoly against his 6 year old granddaughter.

The fact that this man was nominated, and is still currently endorsed by, one of the two major political parties in America is a travesty against modern civilisation and rational thought. Even moreso, the very notion that he is at this moment standing within ten percent approval of his only viable rival is so absurd that I honestly believe the Republican Party could ticket 2011 Charlie Sheen with Saddam Hussein's reanimated corpse as VP and not fall below 30%. I have no idea how they recover from this and I honestly don't care to find out.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
This man is a fucking cartoon character. I can't even begin to fathom what goes through his brain on a minute-by-minute basis. This is the kind of man that cheats playing Monopoly against his 6 year old granddaughter.

The fact that this man was nominated, and is still currently endorsed by, one of the two major political parties in America is a travesty against modern civilisation and rational thought. Even moreso, the very notion that he is at this moment standing within ten percent approval of his only viable rival is so absurd that I honestly believe the Republican Party could ticket 2011 Charlie Sheen with Saddam Hussein's reanimated corpse as VP and not fall below 30%. I have no idea how they recover from this and I honestly don't care to find out.

It's absurd and depressing. It just blows my mind really - this guy is a compulsive, pathological liar and egomaniac, has insulted veterans, mocked people with disabilities, incited violence at rallies, called Mexicans rapists, sexually assaulted multiple women and bragged about it, pays no taxes (and blamed Hillary for this), and has none of the temperament or nous to be president of anything let alone the world's biggest superpower. He's a small minded, immature pig with no sense of compassion or honesty about him at all - in fact he represents every repulsive element of humanity. Every word he utters is just shit. Blubbering, loud, annoying self-centered shit.

Yet Hillary is compared to him and not even that favourably. I just can't understand it.

Trump has turned the entire US political system into a disgusting circus, the lowest of the low of gutter politics. His supporters crying 'national security!' over her emails is the kicker. With this guy in charge of the nuclear codes they're probably calling for their own destruction and have too few active neurons to realise. Idiots.

Breads

Banned
This should be a bigger story.

But apparently the threat of emails actually being received by HRC is more important.

eshwaaz

And finally, I find it so pathetic that a stupid tape about sexual remarks is what finally caused people to distance him, rather than his countless lies and abuses of people and systems throughout from the moment he could walk and speak.
Very well said, and I especially agree with this part. He was a consistently grotesque and appalling person for months and months before the tape was released (and for decades before that), but the tape was crossing the line? Nothing he did or said before that was offensive enough for some people? It's just astounding to me; I can make no sense of it.

Wow this is pathetic. Donald Trump continues to sink lower and lower each day. And what's even crazier is that his supporters will ignore it because reasons. And they'll still say Hillary is worse. If you still support Trump at this point, even after everything that has been released about him. Everything. You. Need. Your. Head. CHECKED.

But who am I kidding? You secret supporters out there are probably just ignoring this article and many like it because you don't want to disappoint your precious team, the Republicans. But then again, considering what that team consists of, Trump feels right at home there, doesn't he? And you guys certainly have no problem with that at all...do you? Of course not.

Wow this is pathetic. Donald Trump continues to sink lower and lower each day. And what's even crazier is that his supporters will ignore it because reasons. And they'll still say Hillary is worse. If you still support Trump at this point, even after everything that has been released about him. Everything. You. Need. Your. Head. CHECKED.

But who am I kidding? You secret supporters out there are probably just ignoring this article and many like it because you don't want to disappoint your precious team, the Republicans. But then again, considering what that team consists of, Trump feels right at home there, doesn't he? And you guys certainly have no problem with that at all...do you? Of course not.

They're going to be looking real stupid voting for Trump just like they did with George W. Bush from 2000-2008 when shit from this country starts going down the drain even more so than before when Bush was president for 8 years.

Jonogunn

Similarly I wish people wouldn't idolize Dan Blizerian so much. That guy has more money than he knows what to do with it and all he does is flaunt his money, girls, guns and lavish life style.

Like Jesus that guy can use his money and influence to make a difference in this world. but instead he gives young people false image of what life should be like.

This should be a bigger story.

But apparently the threat of emails actually being received by HRC is more important.
Yeah. Like, the media got caught with their pants down with the latest e-mail story that turned out to be a complete nothingburger but continued full-steam ahead away because their so hungry for a horse-race and scoops, but yet they have to be dragged kicking and screaming to cover something like this, if at all. The priorities at play are messed up as fuck.

Jedi2016

Sadly, he figured out a long time ago that if you say that you did something, pretty much everyone will believe it. And he hasn't figured out that, when you're in public office, people will actually look that shit up instead of just taking your word for it.

Sadly, he figured out a long time ago that if you say that you did something, pretty much everyone will believe it. And he hasn't figured out that, when you're in public office, people will actually look that shit up instead of just taking your word for it.
Yeah people just seem to be going through the bullshit of his past with a fine toothed comb, something the RNC should've done to make sure the guy representing your morally reprehensible party isn't a shady piece of shit.

tuxfool

Banned
Yeah people just seem to be going through the bullshit of his past with a fine toothed comb, something the RNC should've done to make sure the guy representing your morally reprehensible party isn't a shady piece of shit.

They wanted to, as per functional campaign procedure. Trump was the one that resisted doing that.

Linkura

huge handwritten list
I'm honestly impressed that the guy handwrote that all out. That would murder my hands. And yet, the cover page only shows a grand total of one possible donation in nearly 7.5 years, and that one may be a bookkeeping error. Amazing.

I've probably donated more money to charity than Donald Trump has in that timeframe. I'm sure if you include tithing, quite a bit of the American population has donated more than Trump has in that timeframe. That's pathetic.

Keio

For a Finer World
Imagine working for the Trump campaign and having to try and figure out "how the fuck are we going to spin this" time and again.

But really the bar is now so low people just ignore news like this?

I'm honestly impressed that the guy handwrote that all out. That would murder my hands. And yet, the cover page only shows a grand total of one possible donation in nearly 7.5 years, and that one may be a bookkeeping error. Amazing.

I've probably donated more money to charity than Donald Trump has in that timeframe. I'm sure if you include tithing, quite a bit of the American population has donated more than Trump has in that timeframe. That's pathetic.
Seriously. I've been donating to UN refugee agency group for the past 5 years and have easily donated more than this fetid clown.

Tall4Life

Imagine working for the Trump campaign and having to try and figure out "how the fuck are we going to spin this" time and again.

But really the bar is now so low people just ignore news like this?

Sadly, yes. There's been so much shit flinging that the white moderate doesn't really care about news like this anymore.

Tall4Life

Which is sad because stuff like this alone would have sunk any other presidential candidate

Exactly. I think the sheer volume of it is why its not sinking him, and the sheer volume of info is not sinking Hillary. The moderate has become so apathetic (as they're prone to do tbh) that they give a shit.

And it'll just bounce off Teflon Don because his sheep are too blinded by their racist, xenophobic ways and the smear job on Hillary by the Repubs to wake up and see that they are following a sanctimonious jacksss that doesn't give two shits about America or its people.

All he cares about is being able to call himself President like it's a good star on his report card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom