• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

War for the Planet of the Apes - Official Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

FTF

Looks great. Loved the first two movies (especially 2) so really hoping this is as good for a nice trilogy.

Loxley

Jesus the apes' CGI looks incredible - especially in the close-ups shots. Weta Digital makin' fools outta everyone.

A-V-B

Jesus the apes' CGI looks incredible - especially in the close-ups shots. Weta Digital makin' fools outta everyone.

They finally got the eyes. First movie I've ever seen where they finally got the fucking eyes. They're not human, but it feels like a hurdle in the uncanny valley has been crossed.

You didn't like Dawn? What was so bafflingly stupid about the way that film was executed?

It's the "armed to the teeth army vs monkeys" premise that just fell flat on the face for me. This was what made me hate the ending of the first one, and the 2nd one as well. The acting, the drama of it all, is actually good. I just can't buy that, and all of it hinges on that crucial part for me.

DerZuhälter;233068389 said:
Still think this is an incredibly stupid (rebooted) franchise, and I'm absolutely baffled about the love and praise it gets.

This looks like the same exact film as the last one. Sub out Gary Oldman, put in Woody Harrleson and there you go. I was hoping we'd actually see the Planet of the Apes....But looks like they are content to just rehash apes taking down "the last fragments of humanity". Kind of disappointing not to mention totally predictable unless there's some other angle they are not giving you from the trailer.

Theorry

Last trailer tomorrow. Teaser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmEF6Iw51aY

Caesar looks soooo good. Insane.

WhiteDopeyGoldfish.gif

Steejee

The reboot we never wanted, but somehow has managed to pull it off.

My only real gripe with the first two movies was the absurd way the virus got out at the end of the first one, but I'm willing to suspend my disbelief for that.

The movies going the route of "The Apes don't really take over, the humans mostly do this to themselves" was wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom