• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe launching in September on Xbox One

Klyka

Banned
Another tip for people who are new to the game:

You may have seen players get through levels ridiculously quickly and wonder how the hell they move like that. Basically:

When you sprint and press the duck button,you will slide. Sliding is very quick and gives a nice boost of speed for a short time. Now while you slide press jump and you will do a flip jump that goes VERY far. So slide, then jump and you can cross entire rooms in one go.
Now after the flip part of the jump, as your frame starts falling back down, press sprint in mid air and immediately press duck again to do a mid air slide.

So basically: Sprint ->slide -> flipjump -> air-to-ground slide

Once you master this, you are INCREDIBLY agile and can cross entire levels in no time. It also works amazingly well to get close to enemies or run away.

You're in for a treat Xbox One owners.

If I can make a suggestion: GIVE IT TIME!

Once you understand how the game works, it's an awesome loot gathering experience.

Klyka

Banned

Once you understand how the game works, it's an awesome loot gathering experience.

Agreed.

Also: PLAY PUBLIC MATCHMAKING. You want to play in groups, it's awesome, faster and hella cool to see different space ninjas flip around

Raide

Agreed.

It has a slow start until you gear up a bit, which can take a bit of grinding.

Best idea is to play around and get use to the controls and mobility, then start co-op. Gear and suit ranks will bounce. :D

btw, do they still do the daily login bonus thing?

Klyka

Banned
Agreed.

It has a slow start until you gear up a bit, which can take a bit of grinding.

Best idea is to play around and get use to the controls and mobility, then start co-op. Gear and suit ranks will bounce. :D

btw, do they still do the daily login bonus thing?

they do! so try to at least login each day :)

Raide

you can get 75% cheaper platinum sometimes which is actually not bad.

I got a weapon today.

That use to annoy me because I would then think I need some platinum since it was cheap. :D

Getting gear was great.

My only issue was getting credit starved. Never managed to amass loads of money.

Klyka

Banned
That use to annoy me because I would then think I need some platinum since it was cheap. :D

Getting gear was great.

My only issue was getting credit starved. Never managed to amass loads of money.

it's very easy nowadays. for example today i just did the "jackal" boss with 3 pubbies like 3 times. it tok less than 5 minutes each run and you get the ingame credits, the mission clear credits and a rhino chassis blueprint that sells for 3500 credits. And that's a hella low level boss.
So each run I made about 7k credits without a credit booster.

and that is hella low level. once you go endgame ish you make tens of thousands of credits easily.

Raide

it's very easy nowadays. for example today i just did the "jackal" boss with 3 pubbies like 3 times. it tok less than 5 minutes each run and you get the ingame credits, the mission clear credits and a rhino chassis blueprint that sells for 3500 credits. And that's a hella low level boss.
So each run I made about 7k credits without a credit booster.

and that is hella low level. once you go endgame ish you make tens of thousands of credits easily.

Ah good to hear. Just started updating my PC version. :D

ugh, was waiting with 2 others at the goal after having a good run and host migration failed, booted me to the ship with no rewards.

Special C

So I find that if I try to do every mission I'm going to be overleveled for most of them. So I beat the boss on Mercury, going to skip Earth because there are no bosses, and just progress through Venus for now. Is that a solid plan?

Im also debating if I should start by saving up for a Sentinel Blueprint or an Extractor.

Klyka

Banned
So I find that if I try to do every mission I'm going to be overleveled for most of them. So I beat the boss on Mercury, going to skip Earth because there are no bosses, and just progress through Venus for now. Is that a solid plan?

Im also debating if I should start by saving up for a Sentinel Blueprint or an Extractor.

The levels you see there for the missions are not like,your warframe level. They are basically if you take all your equipment together and then take the average of that. basically you need to also get a bit of a feeling for what kind of level missins you can do and which you can't do.

also try to do every mission at least once to unlock the possibility of putting down resource extractors there once you got them

also there is no "overleveling" in warframe :D just kill kill kill

oh and do bosses, they unlock new planets for you. so venus boss will give you jupiter and mars.

Special C

If there is enough interest I am willing to start and manage an Xbox One Warframe Clan for GAF. Depending on the level of interest it could be made GAF exclusive or allow a certain amount of guests per member. I'm off work Friday so If I get enough interest by then I can get it set up that day.

This game is so bad.

your opinion is bad

attaway to give substance to the argument as to why.

For those of you having FR issues, they got fixed on the ps4 a bit ago. likely will be fixed for you guys soon. Fantastic game.

not sure how you get away with a blatant shitpost

You may have seen players get through levels ridiculously quickly and wonder how the hell they move like that. Basically:

When you sprint and press the duck button,you will slide. Sliding is very quick and gives a nice boost of speed for a short time. Now while you slide press jump and you will do a flip jump that goes VERY far. So slide, then jump and you can cross entire rooms in one go.
Now after the flip part of the jump, as your frame starts falling back down, press sprint in mid air and immediately press duck again to do a mid air slide.

Once you master this, you are INCREDIBLY agile and can cross entire levels in no time. It also works amazingly well to get close to enemies or run away.

Advanced technique: with certain melee weapons you can also 'copter' yourself mid air or slide and get going stupid fast!

Warframe xbox one can offer the discounted platinum? guess i'll wait until it pops up for me before I buy some.

If there is enough interest I am willing to start and manage an Xbox One Warframe Clan for GAF. Depending on the level of interest it could be made GAF exclusive or allow a certain amount of guests per member. I'm off work Friday so If I get enough interest by then I can get it set up that day.

count me in

m23

Resources are the orange circular drops you find on missions. Each planet has 4 types of resources that can potentially drop, so you may need to visit several different planets to get everything you need.

Different planets/zones give you different resources. You might have picked up blueprints that require parts you can't get yet.

Thanks guys.

Edit: Anyone wanna play right now? Send a message to my GT which is under my public profile.

yes!

Definitely interested.

Nori Chan

I'm interested. Is there a benefit from being in a clan?

Bodom78

Yep, sounds like a good plan!

BusterJol

I'm in! Been looking for a clan.

ironcreed

Banned
Love the game itself, but it is currently broken. I have to replay missions like 3 times before it will complete and send me back to my ship. As it constantly hangs up on the mission complete screen and sometimes even kills me and drops me back into the environment and I can't do anything. It's just way too buggy to enjoy. Perhaps I'll give it a spin on PS4 when I get one here soon.

As someone that owns both the ps4 and Xbox one, does it make a difference which version I play? I finally got around to trying the game out.

CLBridges

On the occasion I do load this game up I always think, "this would be so much better if it wasn't F2P, I'd probably pay 30 or 40 bucks for it. I like the general concepts and gameplay, it's just the grind and wait for certain items and weapons. Oh well, good for XOne owners.

As someone that owns both the ps4 and Xbox one, does it make a difference which version I play? I finally got around to trying the game out.

The DS4's touchpad would give you more option in terms of assigning additional actions
(ex: The use of warframe powers is assigned to touchpad swipes by default.)
The XB1's default "cycle power +R3" power activation scheme would be unbearable to me.
You can reassign powers to the d-pad, but then you lose some other functions.
OKQYjfM.jpg

The PS4 version would also have a more developed community, market (cheaper trades due to rare mods being more widely available) and higher level players to carry you through/rush required missions.

The PS4 gaf clan on the game is reducing in numbers though, due to interests now being shifted toward newer games like Diablo 3, Destiny, etc.

I played this game a while back on PC and it was pretty fun at the time. But that was a long time ago. The game has been almost completely redone since then and seems to be much better and easier to understand. I am enjoying it for the most part but the survival type missions are extremely hard.

Also, has a GAF clan on the xbone been set up yet?

jond76

Banned
There is a LOT going on in this game. I have little clue, other than picking missions, as to what's going on. Haha

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
The thread title should be changed to "Out Now". I had no idea this was released!

Rockyrock

Was completely going to pass on this but my friend made me download it and holy shit... It's like a better version of destiny.

I can see myself playing this game for a while.

So after playing this for about 5 hours it feels like Destiny was heavily influenced by it. I kind of prefer it... or could just be that it's free and I'm getting a similar experience. Good game anyway.

Fox Mulder

Played it for a,bit on the xb1, reminded me of vanquish. The frame rate wasn't that great in parts though.

neat that it's free.

They need to tweak the deadzone/acceleration and fix coop asap. Trying to get a friend into the game, but he's not feeling it for these 2 reasons, which I can understand. Having played it a bit on the PC I know it's good.

atpbx

Was completely going to pass on this but my friend made me download it and holy shit... It's like a better version of destiny.

I can see myself playing this game for a while.

I've got over a 1000 hours on it on PC and PS4, it's nothing like destiny.

Best tips I can give-

Try not to go out into missions with 2 unranked guns, it's a waste of time, and you will get hit by the Stalker/g3/ harvester.

To get a good chance of getting the G3 to spawn, don't rush invasion missions once you are marked, walk through them and take at least 3 minutes 30 seconds to finish them.

Don't bother equipping- warm coat, rush, marathon, fast deflection, loot detector, enemy sense, any of the resistance mods- they are a waste of slots.

You DONT need fully ranked vitality and shield cards 280-300% is enough.

You DO need max serration and hornet strike- as quickly as possible.

You can use you trash mod cards to fusion the useful ones to higher levels.

You DONT need to bother with half of the crap weapons on offer to get past mastery rank 10.

Get a Grakata as quick as you can and what a point strike and vital sense on there.

Dual cleavers are a great starter melee weapon- you need to get a dragon nikana as quicky as possible.

Appolodorus for 30 mins + is the easiest way to rank new weapons.

Mag is the best starter frame, as she is most effective against corpus, and the early enemies don't deal enough damage and are not tough enough to negate her damage dealing skills.

The most powerful characters are - Nova, Loki, Rhino Prime, and Nyx, Rhino prime simply for his durability, the others because their skills scale with the enemy levels or are not effected by them.

Daigoro

that sounds awesome.

this game has loot?!

i dont know jack about this game, havent seen any stills or video at all, just heard the name and ducked into the PS4 thread briefly because of the title. im going to be going in 100% blind.

gonna grab this today and put in some time this weekend.

Throwing my hat in the interested ring.

Ranking up the bow is annoying, twice now I run out of ammo and it uses sniper drops which from reading the wiki are the most rare ammo drops.

Time to get some max ammo cards installed.

that sounds awesome.

this game has loot?!

i dont know jack about this game, havent seen any stills or video at all, just heard the name and ducked into the PS4 thread briefly because of the title. im going to be going in 100% blind.

gonna grab this today and put in some time this weekend.

You find blueprints for craft, upgrade cards and materials, I don't think you can find actual items but the tools to build them instead, it's also fun to find upgrades and combine them or upgrade them to make really strong setups.

Or buy them with cash, your call.

Drastic

Very fun game, but had many issues last night.

It got to the point where I couldn't do anything, couldn't launch a game and the rare couple of times I did get in the game locked at some point.

I'll give it another shot, but another session or two like that and I'm probably out.

Top Bottom