• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe launching in September on Xbox One

Very fun game, but had many issues last night.

It got to the point where I couldn't do anything, couldn't launch a game and the rare couple of times I did get in the game locked at some point.

I'll give it another shot, but another session or two like that and I'm probably out.

Going by the warframe twitter they are submitting an update to microsoft today to help the co-op issues, i'm not sure what the exact issue is but i've had the game crash once on me joining a game so far.

Quick question, I have nearly cleared all the current areas on venus and earth, do I need to beat them all before I see more planets or am I missing something? some blueprints I have found require items not on these planets right now.

m23

I really hope the game is working today. I was having fun the first day but yesterday the game was just a mess.

Klyka

Banned
Quick question, I have nearly cleared all the current areas on venus and earth, do I need to beat them all before I see more planets or am I missing something? some blueprints I have found require items not on these planets right now.

bosses drop nav segments. kill the jackal.

Is it me, or is the aiming really bad in this version? Reminds me of pre-patch uncharted 3.

At first I just noticed that it felt like it had a large deadzone and a lot of acceleration. Later I realized you actually can't aim diagonally. If you press up and to the right, you move right, or up, but never both at the same time. If you rotate the right analog stick in circles, it moves in a square.

Special C

Looks like we have plenty of Interest in a GAF Clan. Do we need a community thread for it? Also we'd need a clan name before setting up anything official.

robo

I believe you have to unlock all the levels on a planet before opening up the next one, I don't recall you actually having to beat all the levels to unlock the next planet.

Also if a higher ranked player invites you to a game on a planet you haven't unlocked you can then return to that mission to unlock more parts of that planet, but you must clear that mission for the next ones to open up.

Mupod

haven't played in a year, but my general practice was to clear just enough places so that I'd be able to easily get to a good Alert if it happened. I think you had to clear every level in order to unlock nightmare mode for that planet's missions too.

Klyka

Banned
I believe you have to unlock all the levels on a planet before opening up the next one, I don't recall you actually having to beat all the levels to unlock the next planet.

Also if a higher ranked player invites you to a game on a planet you haven't unlocked you can then return to that mission to unlock more parts of that planet, but you must clear that mission for the next ones to open up.

All you need to do is unlock the mission with a boss in it and then beat the boss. He will drop nav segments for the next planet/s

ironcreed

Banned
Very fun game, but had many issues last night.

It got to the point where I couldn't do anything, couldn't launch a game and the rare couple of times I did get in the game locked at some point.

I'll give it another shot, but another session or two like that and I'm probably out.

That is where I am at. I am trying to enjoy it and know that I would, were it more polished. Too many hang ups and missions refusing to end properly.

atpbx

That's an insane amount of credits and mods to max for a beginner. You don't need to max this as soon as possible. I have mine at 2 from max and it's fine.

It's around 3 million credits and 3000 cards/cores.

Once you start racking up dark sector missions, get Nekros and start farming, it's not all that much.

Farming later void survivals becomes a major chore with underpowered weapons.

SledgeGBay

Neo Member
This has been a super fun surprise for me since it came out, I'd love to join up with the clan too when it gets made.

Now back to knee sliding from planet to planet.

ironcreed

Banned
It's running much better tonight. This will be fun to mess around with for a bit, but I doubt I'll spend any money on it.

Klyka

Banned
The price of platinum is insane!

You can get platinum discounts from the login bonuses quite regularly. They range from -20% to -90%. Only ever buy platinum with a discount.

But yes, some of the platinum prices and their equivalent in non-discounted money are insane. You never need platinum for anything but slots though.

Drastic

Yeah the game was much better last night, definitely worth playing.

Now if I could just figure out which missions I should be completing.

Tsukumo

Clan names:

Nin-tenno
Gafframe
TennoGaf
FrameAge
Neo-frame
AlreadyDead
Gaffocracy
HiveMind
Gaf in the Clouds
First-on-Gaf

I played a few matches last night and it worked great, no problems at all. Hopefully what ever patch they put out fixed things.

I forgot it's name but I made the side arm uzi like hand gun, 14 round clip but it fires super fast, hopefully once I level it up to use my +80% damage and +45 fire damage card it will be a death machine.

Clan names:

Nin-tenno
Gafframe
TennoGaf
FrameAge
Neo-frame
AlreadyDead
Gaffocracy
HiveMind
Gaf in the Clouds
First-on-Gaf

Nin-Tenno would have been brilliant if we were all on a wii u version.

Special C

Well folks, after seeing how clans work in WF where you can't just have an infinite number, I'm going to have to pass on making the GAF clan. I figured we'd be able to have guests but it's limited and peices for dojo go up as u add people. I have 5 non gaffer friends who play Warframe and I can't abandon them.

Well folks, after seeing how clans work in WF where you can't just have an infinite number, I'm going to have to pass on making the GAF clan. I figured we'd be able to have guests but it's limited and peices for dojo go up as u add people. I have 5 non gaffer friends who play Warframe and I can't abandon them.

I thought that the limit was 100, do you really think we would even come close to that?

on the latest warframe twitch weekly stream they said controls have been improved and matchmaking fixes in the next update, and two xbox servers were added to help with user load.

I hope the game is doing well for them, they have great support.

Klyka

Banned

The first clan limit is 100 and you can upgrade it to 1000.
I do not believe for a second you will find 100 GAF members on the Xbone who also play this.

Special C

The first clan limit is 100 and you can upgrade it to 1000.
I do not believe for a second you will find 100 GAF members on the Xbone who also play this.

I read that it was 10. Well that changes things. Someone else can still make it if they want, I'm going out of town this weekend and won't be back till Sunday. If you want to wait that long its fine I can do it Sunday evening. We can make an OT and get the names together until then. If you don't want to wait then it won't hurt my feelings =)

Duxxy3

At first I just noticed that it felt like it had a large deadzone and a lot of acceleration. Later I realized you actually can't aim diagonally. If you press up and to the right, you move right, or up, but never both at the same time. If you rotate the right analog stick in circles, it moves in a square.

Yep, that's what I was seeing as well.

I read that it was 10. Well that changes things. Someone else can still make it if they want, I'm going out of town this weekend and won't be back till Sunday. If you want to wait that long its fine I can do it Sunday evening. We can make an OT and get the names together until then. If you don't want to wait then it won't hurt my feelings =)

I think we should wait for you. It would be great if someone could make an OT for this game rather then everyone having to post in this thread with general questions, since this thread wasnt for that.

blurrygil

d/l'd this last night. If someone creates a clan and/or community thread, save me a spot.

Also, Friend me on XBL peoples: blurrygil

Original, I know.

Special C

I think we should wait for you. It would be great if someone could make an OT for this game rather then everyone having to post in this thread with general questions, since this thread wasnt for that.

Ok I'll make a community thread for the Clan after I'm done traveling tonight. We can gather gamertags and discuss names in there and stop cluttering the announcement thread.

As for an OT for the game itself somebody else will have to do that, but I doubt its going to happen. Would be nice if there was one OT for all 3 platforms. Maybe we could just post in the PS4 OT and make it not platform specific.

Just thought I'd note to any new players reading this thread that earlier today there was a Warframe Devstream on Twich, which means one or more 24 hour "Gift From the Lotus" alerts with rare item rewards (in this case an Orokin Catalyst blueprint - at least on PS4). I believe they should be open to everyone as well, even if you haven't unlocked the regular mission on that node.

BenjiGAF

I bought some guns with credits the other day and found/made a Cronus that finished being created today. World of difference between those and the starter weapons; things die so much faster/easier now!

Also tried a few Public matches, and the ones that actually got completed were good fun! :D

I bought some guns with credits the other day and found/made a Cronus that finished being created today. World of difference between those and the starter weapons; things die so much faster/easier now!

Also tried a few Public matches, and the ones that actually got completed were good fun! :D

I quite like the Bo with +45% range added to it, you never feel like you hit an enemy out of melee range, the cronus felt like you had to be right in their face to hit them (with quick melee, which I use 90% of the time)

So how long does it take to make any platinum and what do I do with all of my credits?
Outside of paying real money for it, you can only get it by joining a clan and trading rare mods and blueprints for it with other players. Well, there's also apparently new feature on the PC version now that lets you sell custom skins for certain weapons for platinum.

And credits are generally used for fusing mods, buying blueprints from the market, and building items in the foundry.

So how long does it take to make any platinum and what do I do with all of my credits?

Use credits to buy blueprints you want from the store, or to build blueprints you find in stages along with the right materials.

Your income slows down greatly after a little while so don't blow it all at once.

ironcreed

Banned
Use credits to buy blueprints you want from the store, or to build blueprints you find in stages along with the right materials.

Your income slows down greatly after a little while so don't blow it all at once.

Gotcha. So is there any way to get any badass new armor and weapons from those blueprints?

I really enjoyed this when it came out on PS4 initially however.....

When they incorporated DMG 2.0 it basically killed the game for me and I haven't been back since.

TEH-CJ

Banned
I really enjoyed this when it came out on PS4 initially however.....

When they incorporated DMG 2.0 it basically killed the game for me and I haven't been back since.

Big time. The awesome death animations in v 1.0 have been replaced with repetative canned animations. Killed the game. Its been like that for 20 patches now so it looks like they are there to stay.

Top Bottom