• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I literally can't, I'm locked in this quest I have to beat it to continue playing the game.

Can someone pretty please tell me how to beat this lazer lady?

Hey, mate, might be a good idea to step back and take a break for a minute.

You just need to dash through the queen when her shield is down.

Thank you.

Saprol

i think you do the same weapon snatch tech you do against the fat guys

wait for her to shoot. don't have to stun, just dash through

Hey, mate, might be a good idea to step back and take a break for a minute.

You just need to dash through the queen when her shield is down.

Yea that took me a bit to nail but once i did it was full sail.

Now i expect him to
kill her himself
LOL

And if he hasn't done octavia's quest, then another lol

I thought TWW was a cool diversion and a logical continuation of Second Dream.

My first riven was for the Javlok. Meh. I'm gathering courage (and damage) to try the sorties now... I can probably handle the first level 50-60 mission, but not quite sure how well equipped I should be for the rest. I've also been scouring the hive sabotage caches for Contagious Spread, but no luck yet. Some mods are really elusive.

I really, really enjoyed both TSD and TWW. They're the most significant MMO quests I've ever played, laying story and mechanics in a truly beautiful way. It's sort of having their cake and eating it too in terms of being a persistent, online action MMO, while also being a deeply personal, artsy & experimental game.

The way they blindside you with new stuff is just great. I wish more games had the courage to do it.

Really looking forward to any future cinematic quests.

My first riven was for the Javlok. Meh. I'm gathering courage (and damage) to try the sorties now... I can probably handle the first level 50-60 mission, but not quite sure how well equipped I should be for the rest. I've also been scouring the hive sabotage caches for Contagious Spread, but no luck yet. Some mods are really elusive.

Just equip your best stuff on a tanky warframe and go for a pub, with any luck they'll carry you the way they did me.

ViviOggi

Just equip your best stuff on a tanky warframe and go for a pub, with any luck they'll carry you the way they did me.
I'd suggest grabbing a Trinity Prime for the purpose of getting sortie carried, even with low dps gear she provides great support while being pretty damn tanky herself

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Unlocked my first riven I got last night.

Bj2VQKC.png

So what do you do with useless rivens? Just melt em into endo?

So what do you do with useless rivens? Just melt em into endo?

Or reroll them a few times (like five) and see if I can sell them anyway. Burston has a small following and burston prime isn't a bad weapon, so getting a good roll might be worth it. But that's definitely a reroll. Negative faction damage always is.

There are many positions that it can spawn in and it has a chance of appearing after every mission. Find them all and wonder what the hell is going on!

Void Relics are such a mixed bag.

I was trying to get a common prime item using the 3 relics I had, didn't get one. On the other hand doing these runs got me some rare prime stuff from other people's relics.

But now that's left me 1 piece away from finishing a couple of items that have been vaulted...

Also TWW was fine but the worm shit dropped it down a few notches from TSD. Interested in seeing Sacrifice since those faction based quests have been alright so far and this one is supposedly gonna be a Arbiters of Hexis one.

There are many positions that it can spawn in and it has a chance of appearing after every mission. Find them all and wonder what the hell is going on!

I've only seen it twice on the console near the radio and every time i'm like WTF?.

VandalD

Thoughts?
I'm not sure any riven could make Tetra worthwhile, but it's worth a shot I suppose. Even Prisma Tetra just felt like a worse Supra to me. Best disposition for a riven though.

I think that riven is okay. If you loaded up on dual stat elementals, you might have pretty decent status going since it's an automatic weapon. Put corrosive on and see how well it shreds armor for you.

goblin

If you still need a Contagious Spread PM me your contact info and I can give you one.

Naite

Oh that's nothing. Spray and pray with an ignis and you'll pop all the containers. Loot finder or animal sense will take care of the rest.

I know I just don't have as much time to play since I'm focused more on other games so I was hoping for something that could be done in a 5 round/minute endless mission.

That feel when you finish building a new weapon go to claim it then get a message about inventory limit reached then wondering when the fuck they said anything about an inventory limit.

Really don't want to do the trading thing to get plat for inventory space.

That thing moves at lightspeed.

I have no clue how anyone can even read that.

That feel when you finish building a new weapon go to claim it then get a message about inventory limit reached then wondering when the fuck they said anything about an inventory limit.

Really don't want to do the trading thing to get plat for inventory space.

That thing moves at lightspeed.

I have no clue how anyone can even read that.

You can set filters for the chat so you can only see what you want. For example I exclude anyone with "wts" or "riven" and it turns into a snail's pace. Just click the little magnifying glass icon.

ViviOggi

The best part is you can just abort the mission if you didn't get enough medallions the first time and the ones you already found will count.

You can set filters for the chat so you can only see what you want. For example I exclude anyone with "wts" or "riven" and it turns into a snail's pace. Just click the little magnifying glass icon.
These are some protips, omg the time I wasted scrolling through trade chat......

This is a good option. I tend to sell my rivens using trade chat.

For most other things, I tend to buy and sell using https://warframe.market/

Guess I might try it later.

I just don't like the idea of scrapping weapons I farmed resources and time to build to make space for new ones.

I just don't like the idea of scrapping weapons I farmed resources and time to build to make space for new ones.

Most weapons aren't particularly good going forward. The point is that you empty out space to try new weapons and also it's a nice easy thing to sell slots for. At the very least, they're not particularly expensive, but before you clear stuff out consult this chart to see if any of the weapons you have right now are used as crafting ingredients for other weapons. It might save you some time and hassle.

There should be something waiting for you when you log in.

LiQuid!

It definitely sucks. I have a very completionist attitude when I play games like this and the thought of selling items still irritates me, but after you play the game a while you will realize how trivial it is to craft early game weapons if you ever want them back later.

The way the upgrading systems work in this game it's pointless to use weapons unless you're able to invest a catalyst and/or forma in them anyways, so hording a bunch of non-upgraded weapons accomplishes nothing in the early game other than tying up precious inventory slots. My advice to you is keep 1-2 "main" weapons per category that you like and are willing to invest catalysts and forma in and use the rest of your inventory slots to churn thru MR fodder.

As for some trading/money making tips:

Don't use the in-game chat for trading. It's a joke. Also don't use the bazaar to post items. Also a joke. That warframe market website provides the trading functionality that should be in-game.

Get used to farming and opening a LOT of void relics. Do excavation missions to farm them, since you can do 2 excavators at once and every 8 excavators you get to pull from the loot tables that drop relics. Then do quick void fissure missions like exterminate or rescue to open them. Don't do the fissures with friends or clanmates IMO. I do them with pubs because I selfishly hope that I will run into people with radiant relics and 95% of the time I'm going in with a trash relic. Even if everybody only has an "intact" relic, you should get at least a silver drop most runs and gold drops if you're lucky. Silver/gold drops almost always sell for substantial plat.

After that, just post the item on the market website (the "place order" area is at the very bottom of the main page for some reason), undercut everyone else who's "online in-game" and just sit in the clan dojo and wait for the whispers to roll in, and they should roll in quickly.

I made my very first sale via that website less than a week ago and I've probably made over 1,000 plat so far. Got a bunch of frame/weapon slots, a few color bundles because the noob colors and not having any purple were absolutely killing me, a non-noob profile glyph, and now I've got enough excess scratch that I'm seriously considering buying that ridiculous muscle suit skin for my frost prime.

Most of them are trash that's taking up space.

Also you'll reach a point where you have acquired enough resources to build them again. You can acquire a extra blueprint or a set of pieces that makes up a weapon/frame in the oft chance you would want to remake them again.

Primus

Just in time, I should be maxing out Trinity Prime later on tonight. My Hydroid has been in the oven for a long time waiting for this day.

The best part is you can just abort the mission if you didn't get enough medallions the first time and the ones you already found will count.

Hmm didn't know that worked also, i thought it was just sanctuary target scans.

another to add to my recent discovery list

Interesting. They've always shown off reworks before releasing them. Hope Hydroid becomes awesome.

Indeed.

Lets see if he can not suffer like G Excal did.

Most weapons aren't particularly good going forward. The point is that you empty out space to try new weapons and also it's a nice easy thing to sell slots for. At the very least, they're not particularly expensive, but before you clear stuff out consult this chart to see if any of the weapons you have right now are used as crafting ingredients for other weapons. It might save you some time and hassle.

There should be something waiting for you when you log in.

I see. If there's no important reason to hold onto my current weapons because there are a lot better ones down the road then I guess it's not so bad then.

And I did just check my inbox and I really appreciate the gifts. I kind of feel bad now because I didn't expect this sort of thing to happen.

It definitely sucks. I have a very completionist attitude when I play games like this and the thought of selling items still irritates me, but after you play the game a while you will realize how trivial it is to craft early game weapons if you ever want them back later.

The way the upgrading systems work in this game it's pointless to use weapons unless you're able to invest a catalyst and/or forma in them anyways, so hording a bunch of non-upgraded weapons accomplishes nothing in the early game other than tying up precious inventory slots. My advice to you is keep 1-2 "main" weapons per category that you like and are willing to invest catalysts and forma in and use the rest of your inventory slots to churn thru MR fodder.

As for some trading/money making tips:

Don't use the in-game chat for trading. It's a joke. Also don't use the bazaar to post items. Also a joke. That warframe market website provides the trading functionality that should be in-game.

Get used to farming and opening a LOT of void relics. Do excavation missions to farm them, since you can do 2 excavators at once and every 8 excavators you get to pull from the loot tables that drop relics. Then do quick void fissure missions like exterminate or rescue to open them. Don't do the fissures with friends or clanmates IMO. I do them with pubs because I selfishly hope that I will run into people with radiant relics and 95% of the time I'm going in with a trash relic. Even if everybody only has an "intact" relic, you should get at least a silver drop most runs and gold drops if you're lucky. Silver/gold drops almost always sell for substantial plat.

After that, just post the item on the market website (the "place order" area is at the very bottom of the main page for some reason), undercut everyone else who's "online in-game" and just sit in the clan dojo and wait for the whispers to roll in, and they should roll in quickly.

I made my very first sale via that website less than a week ago and I've probably made over 1,000 plat so far. Got a bunch of frame/weapon slots, a few color bundles because the noob colors and not having any purple were absolutely killing me, a non-noob profile glyph, and now I've got enough excess scratch that I'm seriously considering buying that ridiculous muscle suit skin for my frost prime.

I'll try to keep all of this in mind. I appreciate you linking that website as it looks more manageable then using the ingame trade chat.

Most of them are trash that's taking up space.

Also you'll reach a point where you have acquired enough resources to build them again. You can acquire a extra blueprint or a set of pieces that makes up a weapon/frame in the oft chance you would want to remake them again.

Thanks for the tips. I didn't realize that there are much better weapons down the road as I assumed other weapons were just sidegrades you get for variety.

I see. If there's no important reason to hold onto my current weapons because there are a lot better ones down the road then I guess it's not so bad then.

And I did just check my inbox and I really appreciate the gifts. I kind of feel bad now because I didn't expect this sort of thing to happen.

I'll try to keep all of this in mind. I appreciate you linking that website as it looks more manageable then using the ingame trade chat.

Thanks for the tips. I didn't realize that there are much better weapons down the road as I assumed other weapons were just sidegrades you get for variety.

They are definitely there for variety but you'll see a power curve of sorts as you go further (which can include new weapons that are recently added).

What DE tries to do though is not make that curve ridiculous to where there are 1 or 2 weapons that are the "must haves" but instead to have a varied bunch which can be in that category either by buffing some and/or nerfing others. When the 1 or 2 weapons scenario does happen usually expect nerfs to said weapons (RIP Synoid Gammacor, Tonkor, Telos Boltace to name a few *pours 40*).

Try to keep the weapons that are not easy to acquire until you eventually can get another (eg the Vandal, Wraith and Dex versions of certain weapons along with the enemy syndicate weapons) and pay attention to the list Glitches posted so you know what weapons you can keep until its offered to the next weapon for building.

Also use the extra bp and pieces approach as a workaround for the collecting aspect since you have enough storage space for resources, bps , pieces, etc

Finally i understand the concern since even with these tips it can still feel annoying. Hell there is one weapon i personally haven't sold because of the massive amount of time and resources that went into creating it (the Akjagara).

LiQuid!

I hate that the Hydroid rework is coming separate from the prime. I want to play nuHydroid so bad but I don't want to invest the potato and forma to make him good now when the Prime version is the last warframe I'm ever going to need.

I hate that the Hydroid rework is coming separate from the prime. I want to play nuHydroid so bad but I don't want to invest the potato and forma to make him good now when the Prime version is the last warframe I'm ever going to need.

Booberon's rework was basically the same. It's fine. Don't invest a potato if you don't feel like it, just dick around with him and then farm up the prime. You'd need to do that anyway for the mastery points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom