• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cmagus

So much farming but finally got the Hydroid prime blueprint so it's a start. I'm trying to make this my first Prime that I can fully obtain during an actual release now that my character can handle farming it.

Manzoon

Banned
rip, -faction damage

never use it against infested because damn me if that isn't near perfect for a roll

I thought you were someone else because of the avatar change, haha.

Nice, if anything i'll try to keep that in mind and roll with a Vectis Prime if a sortie scenario like that does pop up

I assume the kunai one can get a reroll at least then?

Jesus that Lanka roll. With point strike that should put you just a bit over 100% crit chance. You might want to play with the numbers because it might still be a net positive even against infested.

Time to practice leading those shots!

I assume the kunai one can get a reroll at least then?

You would better save time just melting it.

What are the max stats for the lanka riven?

Jesus that Lanka roll. With point strike that should put you just a bit over 100% crit chance. You might want to play with the numbers because it might still be a net positive even against infested.

Neogaf is weird, I love changing my avatars but most people here seem like they never, ever want to change.

It probably won't be a net positive because the damage against faction mods come absolute last in damage calculation.

What do I do with my unpopular rivens?

Will people even buy them?

I checked out warframe trading post but it doesn't look like people are selling unpopular rivens.

I thought about selling my unrolled trash ones for around 20p each but I have no idea where to do that or if that is even possible lol.

I only have one slot left for rivens in my inventory. What happens if I am full and receive a riven from a sortie? Do I just not get the riven?

If you're full you'll still get the riven from the sortie but you'll keep getting a message you're full every time you come out of a mission or come out of the mod menu. You also won't be allowed to do another sortie until you've made space.

If you've got unpopular weapons with a bad roll, it's better to just melt them into endo.

Manzoon

Banned

Neogaf is weird, I love changing my avatars but most people here seem like they never, ever want to change.

It probably won't be a net positive because the damage against faction mods come absolute last in damage calculation.

Haha, I gotcha. I'll go a long time between things like avatar changes, I just love repping the Metal Warriors guy. Bouncing between mobile and desktop is kind of weird on the site and usually the pics are easier to identify.

I punched in all the numbers into warframe builder and it is a net positive even with the minus faction damage. I'd never used it before and it was a little convoluted figuring out how the rivens work. I suspected it might be because I have an opticor riven that is +huge damage and -grineer and I'm still critting for 50k on head shots to them.

Long-ass warframe builder link

Export code for the riven:
Code:
WyI0IiwiMTgiLFsidmFsZXVyX2RlX2NyaXRpcXVlIiwiMTM1LjkiLCJjaGFuY2VzX2RlX2NyaXRpcXVlIiwiMTUzLjkiLCJjYWRlbmNlX2RlX3RpciIsIjU2LjciLCJkZWdhdHNfaW5mZXN0ZXMiLCItMzcuOCJdXQ==

I posted this to the discord but since not everyone is there, I'll put it here too. Sort of spoilers.

https://imgur.com/a/9XnC5 Focus rework as of last devstream

Personal thoughts:
Madurai has a nice change, making all physical damage one node instead of three separate nodes is great. However I think that and the elemental damage are the only things worth investing in, maybe Void Radiance if the mechanics aren't shit when it comes to energy

Hilariously I see nothing in Zenurik worth using unless Energy Regeneration and Energy capacity refer to actual warframe energies and not kiddo energy

Vazarin's going to be a required tree to work on. Increased affinity range is nice (Harrow actually works with this passive currently, as should Trinity), you still have the instant revives, and getting a node that boosts operator health by 500% might be extremely needed depending on how Arcanes for the operators shake out.

Same for Unairu. Free 25% reflection is cool (Unless operator only and then w/e, still handy), 20% more armor never hurt anyone especially not the operators, there's a second node for 20% additional on top of that for both operator and warframe, and a active that does a better job than Ash at cloaking your team

Naramon stays strong with the extra melee damage continuing to push melee as the most powerful weapon class. Not as broken as before though

So I would say that just on reading, Vazarin and Unairu are going to be top dogs, assuming no changes are made to the trees between now and release. However everything looks so prohibitively expensive for focus that I hope to god those are placeholder numbers, because I don't think I've ever earned that much Focus in my entire time grinding out the trees.

Well i made one again when i asked for a sniper i can use and Glitches hooked me up with a build. Should be interesting with this thing (that's apparently good) in the mix.

Seems RNG God threw me a bone for once.

Ouch, i might just keep it around for a bit.

and here are the stats

oVAouPd.jpg

dat near 40% drop on infested though but i'll try it on them and if there is an effect i'll just not use it on them.

Manzoon

Banned
Well i made one again when i asked for a nice sniper and Glitches hooked me up with a build. Should be interesting with this thing (that's apparently good) in the mix.

dat near 40% drop on infested though.

That build I linked was just for test purposes, no idea what your preferred damage type is. Since the crit chance was so high I put Bladed Rounds on it instead of something like Argon Scope. I'm weirded out that the numbers are just a couple of decimal points off of what I put in, which means there is probably some rounding going on with that number they aren't showing us.

Also just joined the discord since I totally forgot that was a thing.

Looking at those focus tree changes, thank god they made the other schools worth a damn. Energized Dash still seems really, really good though.

Can me and a friend get re-invited to the clan?

IDs - spindoctor and PsychoBoyTyler

We both used to be in a few years ago before we dropped off.

Also, I was looking to pick up some prime frames that have been put in the vault. I'm happy to buy any blueprints/parts for plat from folks here if you can spare them.

I'll start with full sets of Nova Prime and Loki Prime so if you have any of those and want to get rid of them send me a PM.

ZugZug123

Was able to make an Opticor last night, fun weapon 😁

I put a Shred on it, what else is good? Looking for something that would increase its AoE.

VandalD

Regarding focus, so it's in spoilers. A lot of complaining too:

Focus costs seem a bit outrageous. I have something like 15m total focus affinity scattered across the schools. I haven't been someone that grinds focus to cap until very recently. This was mostly accumulated just casually playing the game since the focus system came out almost two years ago. When I got a lens, I just put it on something I use a lot and don't think about it, because the system mostly wasn't worth thinking about.

I would say it's a smart idea to increase focus costs, if they were also increasing focus gains. This would give veterans their head start on the new system but also make it so they don't already have everything maxed out and have nothing to work towards. But they're not increasing focus gains across the board. Not really. They're putting in new lenses we'll have to earn or make by unknown means, and instead of removing the damn convergence orb entirely, they're just giving it a higher multiplier, so it's even more important to grab that dumb yellow flashing ball whenever it pops up.

There's also weird decisions in some of the trees. Why does Unairu have invisibility? Shouldn't it put up a Frost-like bubble to protect allies instead, or would that destroy their "you have to bring Frost any time there's a defense objective around or it might get one-shot" meta that they love so much? Why does Zenurik have melee channeling cost reduction? Why isn't that in Naramon? Why take channeling damage over a flat melee damage increase? Unairu has a percent armor buff node. Great. So that's a worthless node for the vast majority of frames since boosting anything that isn't even on Excalibur's level by 20% is nothing.

And that 25% damage reflection. Oh boy. Nyx's mind controlled enemies can't even kill each other at high levels with 300% bonus damage, and 25% damage reflected is supposed to be something people care about? A reminder that this node exists in a game where launchers almost always kill us in one shot if we get caught in the blast, yet high level enemies can take several shots from launchers to kill. Enemy EHP is vastly superior to ours. Unless that 25% is also damage that we don't take, it's worthless.

They've also made the mind-boggling decision to have nodes increase your void mode energy cost that are locked behind each other. For instance, you can't have Void Singularity without Void Static. If you just wanted Void Singularity for whatever reason, sucks for you, you have to eat the added cost of Void Static as well.

Well. That was a lot of bitching. I still like Warframe though. I just don't understand their design decisions sometimes. Maybe this will all fall into a better place with more details.

Naite

This riven requirement where i need to do 21 finishers without taking damage is way more annoying than I thought. I didn't think it had to be consecutive. Got up to 18. Swung my hammer near an explosive barrel and got caught in the blast. Now back at 0.

VandalD

This riven requirement where i need to do 21 finishers without taking damage is way more annoying than I thought. I didn't think it had to be consecutive. Got up to 18. Swung my hammer near an explosive barrel and got caught in the blast. Now back at 0.
Sounds like a job for Ivara or Equinox. If it doesn't say alone and you don't have a stealth or sleep frame, I'd come help.

Manzoon

Banned
I dunno, I just remember on Prime Time this week they said something about Peacemaker when talking about Zenurik.
Guess we'll find out soon.
The shifting nomenclature is weird. Channeling used to only mean melee weapons, if it applies to energy draining powers then it will be pretty powerful.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Channeling (melee) needs a complete fucking overhaul so I'm okay with giving the nomenclature over to abilities.

Manzoon

Banned
Yeah, out of all the things in the game, channeling when using a melee weapon is at the far bottom of the list of 'things I do'.

On a side note, I just got my Ash Prime Systems from a relic share. He's cookin away. Last frame I need before Gara gets released is Ivara, who I'm considering just buying because those spy runs are getting super tedious.

Haly

I need uh, Chroma, Harrow, Octavia, Nidus, Wukong (i can do this at any time), Nezha (who's cooking) and Oberon Prime?

MaxiLive

Hey Warframe GAF. Has anyone used their support before?

I submitted a ticket 2 weeks ago now but still no responses apart from auto replies. Just wondering if any Gaffers have had experience with their support in the past!

Hoping to get my account sorted before the new update...

Manzoon

Banned

I submitted a ticket 2 weeks ago now but still no responses apart from auto replies. Just wondering if any Gaffers have had experience with their support in the past!

They've responded to me within a business day the only two times I've used their support. Once was for a mis-purchase when I bought a weapon instead of the BP (they claim to not refund the plat but they did, EDIT: clarifying, they told me that they normally don't do this but they will just this once, so I guess people have some freebies), and another time to move the founder status on my clan because I've had people inactive for over 2 years in it and we were all warlords.

You might want to open another ticket.

r1chard

I got a response to my only query within 24 hours.
and they reinstated the Chroma parts I'd sold as a clueless noob, the legends!

Nokterian

I used support last week since i had trouble with a junction point in the game and got a very fast response. Like other said make a new ticket.

MaxiLive

Thank you very much for the quick responses!

If there isn't an update come the end of play Monday I'll open a new one. Thanks again!

Primus

Took a night and a day of solid farming of Plato, Lua, but I finally got the other two Drift mods via a Speed Test and Stealth Test.

The four maps in a row with only the Collaboration test sucked.

Primus

The War Within - Done.

Damn, but the cinematic quests feel fantastic to play through. So many feelings, so much deserved killings.

Manzoon

Banned
I've been really impressed by what they accomplished in the story quests. There's a few rough spots here and there, but overall cool experiences that really breath life into the setting.

My first Ivara piece dropped from the low level spy missions, so my brain is now going to make me grind out all the other pieces instead of buying her. I need 24 orokin cells to finish building my last few prime weapons so I guess Saturn and Ceres missions will do double duty for the next part.

Naite

Today's sortie 1 feels like retribution for all the times I've soundquaked my way thru interception missions. I actually had to stand around my point and defend it and all.

Sounds like a job for Ivara or Equinox. If it doesn't say alone and you don't have a stealth or sleep frame, I'd come help.

Thanks but I got it shortly afterwards. I've been meaning to put some time into learning Equinox and use it for something other than Maim though.

Rafy

So today I decided to try and farm Mesa and got everything but the neuroptics. Used all my keys (in a keyshare), I'm out of coordinates, and nobody wants to do ODD.

I finally get what everyone's been talking about when it comes to getting Mesa.

Primus

So what with finally finishing the prelims for Plains of Eidolon, figured I'd finally take Nyx out of the oven and get her levelled.

I'm guessing no one plays Nyx, right? Because the amount of time I see other players trying to kill my controlled or confused enemies (chose a brilliant light purple energy for a reason) is startling.

A lot of times you just kill them because they don't do hardly any damage to other enemies and in defenses you have to kill them anyway. I just think if the power as a CC.

Arrrammis

So what with finally finishing the prelims for Plains of Eidolon, figured I'd finally take Nyx out of the oven and get her levelled.

I'm guessing no one plays Nyx, right? Because the amount of time I see other players trying to kill my controlled or confused enemies (chose a brilliant light purple energy for a reason) is startling.

It makes me sad, Nyx is one of my favorites. But the game gets chaotic enough that it can be hard to see the holographic Nyx's that appear on confused enemies, so I just shrug it off. The saving grace for me is that you can't damage an enemy you control with your 1 ability, so if I see a strong enemy nearby, I just hit them with that instead.

And yeah, the 3 ability is more of a cc/draw fire away from the objective type ability.

Hi guys, I just started playing this yesterday and still learning the ropes. Apparently, because my account is pretty old I got Loki as my starter frame (I played for a bit in 2013). I couldn't redeem the Twitch Prime offer because I always stuck at the 'You got it, boss. Let's do this.' screen.

Anyway, so far so good, I had minimum problems playing solo except for that excavation mission which I failed badly. It seems that it's related to the mission requirement. I went solo but the brief says 'Open Squad 1'. Does that mean that it's recommended to bring another player for that mission? Therefore, if the mission briefing says 'Open Squad 3', it means that I should go there with a party of 3, right? I've just arrived at Venus and that's the first mission. I was hoping to be able to solo most of the story-related missions, but I guess that won't be the case?

Hi guys, I just started playing this yesterday and still learning the ropes. Apparently, because my account is pretty old I got Loki as my starter frame (I played for a bit in 2013). I couldn't redeem the Twitch Prime offer because I always stuck at the 'You got it, boss. Let's do this.' screen.

Anyway, so far so good, I had minimum problems playing solo except for that excavation mission which I failed badly. It seems that it's related to the mission requirement. I went solo but the brief says 'Open Squad 1'. Does that mean that it's recommended to bring another player for that mission? Therefore, if the mission briefing says 'Open Squad 3', it means that I should go there with a party of 3, right? I've just arrived at Venus and that's the first mission. I was hoping to be able to solo most of the story-related missions, but I guess that won't be the case?
No that's just theoretically how many groups are playing it. It really doesn't mean anything honestly.

I see. How about recommended levels? How do I see my level?
That's enemy level which doesn't correspond to anything you can easily figure out. It really has to do with how much damage enemies can take and give out. Basically if you're having trouble you need to upgrade mods and weapons.

That or they're pumping damage into the controlled one so it's dead when it comes off of control.

But in reality you shouldn't even bother with 1 other than to use it as a distraction for enemies. Even with the augment, mind control units can't even approach enough damage to actually harm fellow enemies unless they're on lower levels. Stick with using Chaos and Absorb with Assimilate equipped.

That's enemy level which doesn't correspond to anything you can easily figure out. It really has to do with how much damage enemies can take and give out. Basically if you're having trouble you need to upgrade mods and weapons.

Got it. Thanks!

Anyway, what should I spend my free 50 platinum on? Is there any mean later to obtain more free platinum?

If I were to buy the cheapest pack (Pinnacle), what should I spend it on if I'm more into gunfire than melee?

Manzoon

Banned
Got it. Thanks!

Anyway, what should I spend my free 50 platinum on? Is there any mean later to obtain more free platinum?

If I were to buy the cheapest pack (Pinnacle), what should I spend it on if I'm more into gunfire than melee?

The best thing you can possibly spend plat on is new weapon and frame slots when you need them. Determining some good work horse weapons to catalyse is also a good step.

Arrrammis

Got it. Thanks!

You should spend your platinum on slots (to hold more weapons and frames) and whatever cosmetics you like (mostly colors, which you can apply to any frame, weapon, or ship). All of the weapons and frames can be earned in game without spending any platinum at all, so I'd avoid buying those.

Later on in the game, you can start getting rare blueprints, mods, etc. and you can trade them to other players for platinum, but other than that (and the occasional contest thing outside of the game) there's no way to get more platinum besides buying it.

Rafy

Got it. Thanks!

Your starting plat should go towards weapon and frame slots like others already mentioned. When you reach MR 4 build a Hek and if by then you do not have a catalyst, consider buying one. Same goes for the frame you like the most (I suggest Nova/Ember/Mesa).

Nearly two weeks since I started playing and I keep finding new things that make me feel really dumb. Biggest was waiting so long to upgrade mods. That made a massive difference. Last night I only just realised that I can buy all those blueprints in the dojo. Channeling was another one. Applied a few channeling mods on melee weapons with no idea it had to be manually activated. I feel like I've got a hang of most the basics now but I still see a lot of terms come up that are foreign to me, but I guess they'll be explained when I'm further into the game.

Jellie

Nearly two weeks since I started playing and I keep finding new things that make me feel really dumb. Biggest was waiting so long to upgrade mods. That made a massive difference. Last night I only just realised that I can buy all those blueprints in the dojo. Channeling was another one. Applied a few channeling mods on melee weapons with no idea it had to be manually activated. I feel like I've got a hang of most the basics now but I still see a lot of terms come up that are foreign to me, but I guess they'll be explained when I'm further into the game.
Channeling is pretty useless imo. Dunno is its good or not but I never like using it.

Haly

Channeling is only good for turning on Life Strike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom