• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warner Bros. approach Ben Affleck for 'Justice League'

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiGun

jh52iojpg.gif

Odoul

Swallow your pride.

Realise Marvel beat you to the punch and showed the way to do it.

Do it the right fucking way and build up through individual films.

It's a shameless ripoff of what Marvel did but who REALLY cares? People enjoyed the years long build up.

Busty

Banned

Hmm. I call shenanigans on that.

I heard that McG and Robinov fell out in a big way so it seems weird that he'd be on the list. And I simply don't see WB going with Ratner either.

I think somebody is trying to 'muddy up the waters' here by leaking these names and creating some bad buzz.

Seriously, do you really think that WB would hire Ratner for a Justice League film?

Come on.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
*shakes head*

Come on son.

Let's not say things we can't take back.

Zombieland was mediocre at best. Gangster Squad looks like a pretty bland period movie with nonsensical modern flourishes.

Busty

Banned
Yeah I mean that Avengers movie didn't make a dime did it?

Oh right.

What does the gross of the Avengers movie have to do with my post and frankly what the fuck does the box office gross of the Avengers have to do with you?

If you aren't a Disney shareholder and have no financial gain in the box office success of the Avengers what are you talking about?

Alan Taylor's TV work is better than all of Ratner's and McG's film output combined. Quality work is still quality, it does not matter if it came from TV or not.

I agree with you but let's pump the brakes on this. A TV director's job is to follow the style set by the pilot and the writers. It is NOT to innovate per se.

And while Ratner is himself a glorified TV helmer McG's work on the first Charlie's Angels film is really good and I think, if he just knew when to leave a script alone, he could actually do something good.

..., of course that is taking into account that McG himself is a glorified record producer who managed to 'luck' into becoming a hot director who made piles and piles of cash producing TV shows rather than directing. *cough*

DMczaf

There's a new rumored Justice League director everyday now. By next week, I will be the director of Justice League.

Busty

Banned
Look at the difference in lists between the potential directors of Man Of Steel (that included Duncan Jones and Tony Scott) and this 'potential' list.

It's bollocks. Relax everyone.

There's a new rumored Justice League director everyday now. By next week, I will be the director of Justice League.

Cast me as Aqualad.

I am able to provide my own Speedos and trident.

DMczaf

http://www.vulture.com/2012/08/summ...nd-superhero-edition.html?mid=twitter_vulture

Fortunately for the studio, it was also willing to take an enormous risk by granting auteur filmmaker Chrisopher Nolan control over the studio’s once-lucrative-but-by-then-moldering Batman franchise. Since then, Nolan has become the de facto director-in-chief at Warner Bros., granted an extraordinary amount of autonomy over not just the Batman films’ production and development but also effective control over the entire DC Comics stable: One agency insider tells Vulture that a freeze has been placed on all development of any individual DC Comics character films until Nolan renders his judgment on how an Avengers-like Justice League film might be put together.

We await the white billowing smoke from the Burbank lot.

dmshaposv

I don't understand - so he IS in fact helping on the other DC comic movies? I thought he was making a clean break after Man of Steel.

No ezekial, you don't understand.

Once you've made billions at the Box office, there is no "wanting out" or "clean breaks". Movie studios are like the mafia.

massoluk

Banned
I'm not sure how I feel about Nolan taking over entire DC movies. I feel we just got lucky his style just fit in Batman perfectly, but probably not so much with the rest of DC universe.

Mondriaan

I'm not sure how I feel about Nolan taking over entire DC movies. I feel we just got lucky his style just fit in Batman perfectly, but probably not so much with the rest of DC universe.
Having him at the helm instead of a team of higher ups would probably be an improvement. I can't see someone like Nolan giving the thumbs up to the mess that was the Green Lantern.

Also, it's not like he's going to be directing all future DC movies; it probably makes an Affleck directed DC movie that much more likely.

Tobor

Reading all of these rumors, it seems obvious nobody knows what the fuck is going on or what to do. That goes for WB and the media.

Well it's easy to get confused since Thor looked like a made for TV movie.

Yeah and I think the dp had a problem holding the camera straight. Was he drunk? Because almost everything was at an angle...a dutch angle.

edit: man fuck every Marvel movie that isn't The Avengers or Iron Man. Awful shit. But to be fair DC only has Batman lol. We'll see how Superman goes.

Busty

Banned
Shut up Busty

You are a child in thought and action.

I feel sorry for you. :(

Yeah, those losers like Academy Award nominated Actor/Director Kenneth Branagh.

Wait.

I am a HUGE fan of ol' Kenny B but that man hadn't worked in Hollywood for years before Thor came along.

And, like all Marvel directors including Whedon, he was given very little actual editorial control on the film he was making.

mjc

They're restricting the heroes in the JLA movie to that universe...and then they'd have solo movies with different actors? WB smh...

SteveWD40

He has the size, as long as he doesn't try Bales "bat voice" he might be a good fit. Too hard to tell without knowing anything about the tone they are going for.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
They're restricting the heroes in the JLA movie to that universe...and then they'd have solo movies with different actors? WB smh...

That's my problem with all of this. WB seem to be eager to have multiple versions of characters (played by multiple actors) on film.

Honestly, I think that's just going to be too confusing for people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom