• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warner Bros Reboots 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer' Without Joss Whedon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vamphuntr

WanderingWind said:
You will never convince me (and I am a Whedon fan) that his baffling, continued support of Eliza Dushku wasn't due to some sexual attraction on his part. Also, the dude continues to claim that he loves writing strong women, but just can't help making them rape victims, mindwiped sex slaves, easily manipulated dummies, prostitutes, etc.

Quick someone post the picture of Wesley with his slave Justine in a cage.

anaron

The Storyteller said:
People like Pete Campbell? I'll try and give the guy a pass because I'm going to assume he got a shitload of hotmail from pathetic Whedon fans, but he still comes across as a docuhe for not wanting to talk about his experience on Angel.

After a season without Cordelia I was looking forward to the characters having to deal with the fallout of season 4, trying to bring Cordy back, getting her back and exploring her issues.. I think season 5 betrayed so many things about the show I loved: serialised arcs, the dark and foreboding tone, and no Cordelia, the heart of the show (I think Joss by this point believed that Fred was...:lol ). I honestly think it's bullshit that Joss or anyone on the staff could'nt think of a role for her in season 5, we had just spent a whole season without one of the most popular buffyverse characters and they thought it was a good idea to fire her? If they can have Harmony join the cast, and have a string of episodes with fucking Eve, then there is definitely room for your leading lady. She could've played the secretary role instead of Harmony and at the same time trying to find out why the fuck they were at Wolfram and Hart in the first place (I still dont buy that they'd join so easily).

However the season did have some standout episodes, like the finale, Origin, Smile Time and of course You're Welcome (sigh). So that definitely makes it better than the awful first season, but I'll probably bitch about season 5 more than any other.
Word. good sir. :p

Plus, even with season one's weaker writing and execution, I still really like seeing Angel investigations come together and the gang's interactions that season are particularly enjoyable.

anaron said:
Word. good sir. :p

Plus, even with season one's weaker writing and execution, I still really like seeing Angel investigations come together and the gang's interactions that season are particularly enjoyable.

Me too, when Wesley was introduced the show definitely began to come together. As much as they tried to make season 5 light and enjoyable, it was largely missing that core concept that made the previous far more darker seasons so balanced: fun character interactions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom