• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warner Brothers suspends [new] purchases for PC version of Batman Arkham Knight

Savitar

Wow.

That's big.

Did anything of this game not have issues?! The Batmobile version, the LE version, the PC version of the game itself. I mean wow.

I just want Nvidia to do something for the people who bought new GPUs because they included this game.

The deal was The Witcher 3 and Batman, not The Witcher 3 and an unplayable mess.

Hell I think this takes the crown for the worst port ever.

Resident Evil 4 on PC (the old one not the new HD rerelease) didn't launch with mouse support, and instead of telling you what keys to press, all the prompts simply said "1", "2", "3", or "4" and you had to try and remember what button you had mapped to actions 1 through 4 to correspond to this.

Dave Lang having a bad fuckin' week

CIJ8oGwWsAAbuuq.jpg

CHC

I literally said holy shit out loud.

well, at least this is a sign that *something* is being done. For this I am grateful. Dare I be optimistic and hope for some sort of fix by the beginning of next week?

Sincerely doubt it. If they could knock this out in a week they'd probably just say "sorry about the problems, hold off for the weekend and we'll get this sorted out early next week."

This response is basically "we're gonna need a bigger boat."

UberTag

we should call him and see if he's okay
You still have his number? If not, tweet Johnny V and ask him for his new one.
Also, props to WB Games for making what was, no doubt, a difficult but necessary decision here.

I have no idea why these people couldn't have seen how obviously terrible this PC port was. How the fuck could they be so obtuse as to actually release the damn thing?

I'm guessing they knew but WB wanted them to hit the release date given they've already delayed it twice. It's shitty but that's video games.

Wow.

That's big.

Did anything of this game not have issues?! The Batmobile version, the LE version, the PC version of the game itself. I mean wow.

Even the Steam cards were broken. Not to mention the cancelled Batmobile statue. This PC launch has been one hell of a trainwreck.

Draerf

So whenever a shit port gets churned out and everyone gets pissed, do the devs ever get into any sort of trouble?

d00d3n

I literally said holy shit out loud.

well, at least this is a sign that *something* is being done, damn, it sure is something. For this I am grateful. Dare I be optimistic and hope for some sort of fix by the beginning of next week?

The pulling of the PC game from all stores and asking for patience in the press release makes a "quick fix" seem quite unlikely. If you want to play the game in the near future I would buy the PS4 version.

Still baffles me why they didn't look at the state of the build three weeks ago and just last-minute delayed the game on the PC for an additional three or four weeks to clean up the worst of the situation..

Yes, would have been received poorly but they had to have known how the PC players were going to react.

Anyone who says steam refunds was a bad idea needs to be pointed to this press release right here.

Their refunds must be through the roof on the pc version.

Good luck I get to keep my (admittedly) gifted copy. If this shit proves to be beyond repair and the game never gets sold again, I'll have a rare entry in the ol' library.

Converse

Banned
I've boycotted Warner Bros. Interactive since Arkham Origins. This just reinforces my notion that they can't be trusted to offer consumers a finished, quality product. But they'll sure as hell try to sell you the unfinished product, till they're backed up against a wall.

CHC

Resident Evil 4 on PC (the old one not the new HD rerelease) didn't launch with mouse support, and instead of telling you what keys to press, all the prompts simply said "1", "2", "3", or "4" and you had to try and remember what button you had mapped to actions 1 through 4 to correspond to this.

I'm glad I'm not the only who remembers this. There wasn't as much awareness back then, so I remember getting a copy from Best Buy and then feeling just so thoroughly betrayed when I got it installed.

This is bad but not RE4 bad.

Wow, I did not expect this at all. I don't recall this happening before. Are there previous examples of a PC game being so broken that they actually prevent you from buying it?

Good on 'em, though. It's no excuse for releasing it in the first place but I'm glad they're owning up to it and trying to fix it.

I want to play it now instead of the inevitable 2-3 months. Literal kickstarter. Wonder if they'll do anything else to appease fans.

WB didn't do this for MK X. This must have been REALLY bad.

I hope steam refunds played a big part in this. No more shit pc ports.

2nd is the best? This is definitely the worst port in recent times. I know other recent games have been a mess but this one takes the cake.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Damn. Although regardless of the clusterfuck it's good to see measures being taken.

Top Bottom