• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warning: The Last of Us' entire plot leaked, be wary of spoilers [in lots of places]

Andrew.

Banned
I read the titles and it actually made me more interested in the game. The titles are extremely brief and don't provide context about the situations. It's be like reading about the end of Star Wars and reading End-DeathStar-Destroyed and then writing off the movie based off of only that information. I wouldn't ever spoil what I read for anyone else, but I'm now more interested to see how they handle the story based on the titles.

This is now EXACTLY how I feel. Seeing it actually raised my interest a bit.

Feel free to PM me if anyone posts spoilers. I've a special place in my heart for NDI stuff (for various reasons). So I'd like to know.

It's a pretty dick move if someone posts them freely in here, but they did it for Infinite too I guess.

Some men just wanna watch the world burn

lol you won't make it pass the weekend

ibfueZLi1WJUkg.gif

Feel free to PM me if anyone posts spoilers. I've a special place in my heart for NDI stuff (for various reasons). So I'd like to know.

Doesn't this mean you have to read spoilers yourself? I dont think I'd want to be a mod. It's like being a cop, but then having to get into a shootout :(

Lakitu

st5fu
Well, I have been following development of this but since I gave away my PS3, I'm not going to get it anytime soon. Can someone PM me the spoilers, please?

Anyone PM please with the video of the eniding or whatever spoilers about the story please? I don't mind any spoiler, I have my speculations already, I want to veirfy them. Don't worry I won't post anything.

Edit: thanks.

Come on people the pastebin is a Google search away ;)

I could go for an account suicide by spoiling that Ellie and Joel are actually hermaphrodites but I'm not that stupid

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Instead of asking for PMs just go to pastebin and search "tlou spoilers"

that's all ya need.

LuuKyK

Why are you guys doing this to yourselves? Missing an awesome experience just to know things before others do... ;-;

The only thing weird is why a demo is having the whole game codes, strings, events and so on? Dunno if it was on purpose to fool us maybe and the final game won't be like that. I eman Naughty Dogs aren't that stupid to leak everything in a demo because they know there are many people (or evil doers) who can dissect any electronic file. Maybe it is a false ARG like the ones Valve releases on purpose to test us. What do you think ?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Just checked them out since I didn't think it could be THAT bad.

Yeah uh, they ARE that bad, and it...yeah. VERY descriptive.
Thanks for taking one for the team. I'd hate to have this game spoiled, despite not owning a PS3 and therefore not being able to play it (at least for now).

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
All I get is warnings and sources saying it's leaked.

I somehow ran into one pastebin thing.

weird, I got "TLOU cutscene titles" as the first and only hit. Might try that.

Reminder: THIS IS FOR THOSE WHO ARE WANTING TO BE SPOILED. Don't fuck up and just blindly do what I posted!

Sent to everyone who asked.

It's pretty crazy how many people actually want to know, are all you guys not getting the game or just suckers for spoilers?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sent to everyone who asked.

It's pretty crazy how many people actually want to know, are all you guys not getting the game or just suckers for spoilers?

I was curious how bad it was and didn't have a boner for the game, was mildly interesting.

Now the more I think about it the more I regret it :(

Wait. So if someone PMs spoilers around to random people, there won't be a ban?

No, he means the people who asked to be PM'd. Anyone who PMs freely will be banned. Just PM him if that happens
I was curious how bad it was and didn't have a boner for the game, was mildly interesting.

Now the more I think about it the more I regret it :(

I think even a mild interest is enough to stay away from them. I was gonna re purchase a PS3 to play the game but I couldn't justify the purchase for one game and likely won't get to play it for a very long time. So I just searched

MYeager

Why are you guys doing this to yourselves? Missing an awesome experience just to know things before others do... ;-;

Was curious and wasn't that interested in the game. Now I'd like to see how this actually plays out and I don't believe the 2-3 word titles will ruin the experience for me.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
you have a batista avatar and still representing with the Face hashtag .

You should feel terrible

Waiting on a better Batista av :p

It needs to represent POWER and INSANITY.

I have a hard time believing this is true because that is some pretty horrible naming convention.

You would think that, but apparently Naughty Dog has a difficult time staying discrete. The mere fact that they even left these connections in a retail game is mindblowingly stupid.

You would think that, but apparently Naughty Dog has a difficult time staying discrete. The mere fact that they even left these connections in a retail game is mindblowing stupid.

Especially since they went for so long developing the game when no one knew it was them. They could keep that a secret yet make such a rookie move like this

Gorillaz

Especially since they went for so long developing the game when no one knew it was them. They could keep that a secret yet make such a rookie move like this
Didnt someone at ND say they left there Ipad on a plane and the VGA trailer was on it.

This was the week before the show

sibarraz

Banned
Which was the problem with ME3? I hadn't interest in playing the game but I'm really curious on why that ending was so controversial

Which was the problem with ME3? I hadn't interest in playing the game but I'm really curious on why that ending was so controversial

The lead writer made claims about ME3's ending, but the actual ending was a direct contradiction of what he said.

It was fundamentally insulting.

Stuart444

The lead writer made claims about ME3's ending, but the actual ending was a direct contradiction of what he said.

It was fundamentally insulting.

And that's also the thing people (including game journalists) completely 'forget' to mention or talk about instead opting to say "All those people are whiners" and stuff like that...

But we've had threads on this and this isn't the thread for this.

As for the TLOU stuff... bleh. Now I have to be careful, I'd rather not be spoiled no matter how 'predictable' the game may be. I've played plenty of games that could be considered 'predictable' but if I'm not spoiled on it, then I get maximum enjoyment out of said game.

Also I certainly won't be streaming TLOU now, since the spoilers are out this early before release, I know someone will come in and spoil it just to be a dick. Happened with another game I played before on twitch :/

all in all: bleh :(

Leeness

I...don't think they're that bad?

I guess if you're on a media blackout, they're horrible though. So that does suck.

I'm a spoiler veteran though haha. Spoilers never really upset me, so these ones seem tame to me.

Good luck, everyone who doesn't want to see them. I really hope you'll stay spoiler-free!

Top Bottom