• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warning: The Last of Us' entire plot leaked, be wary of spoilers [in lots of places]

Gorillaz

yea it probably wasn't wise to put chapter names with the spoiler it's tied to.

Should have just left that shit ambiguous, especially in today's world where everything gets leaked within seconds.

Mikey Jr.

Unfortunately, it's legit.

UPDATE:

I've heard reports that the leaks have been spotted:

IGN forums
IGN comments
Reddit's /r/Games
Reddit's /r/Gaming
4chan's /v/
4chan's /b/
YouTube comments
Pastebin - STAY AWAY FROM PASTEBIN
Sony's community forums
Eurogamer comments
Eurogamer forums
GameSpot comments
GameSpot forums
PM'ing innocent Redditors
PM'ing innocent PSN users
PM'ing innocent XBL users

It's getting really bad.

Well, that certainly is a pickle.

ND, you fucked up big time.

Phenomic

Yeah this isn't cool at all. I could definitely see this being problematic at least for a few weeks, if not until the launch of the game itself until people finally start beating it.

E3 is the week before... not going to be able to read any comments on whatever stream I watch is going to be tough.

ND messed up big for sure. I know it won't happen but getting that game out a few weeks early would be nice.

In these cases there's always those spoiler/suicide GAF posts that pop up around the board. Get those perma bans ready..

This too kinda concerns me too. Seems like an obvious case where someone will might want to out on because the nature of the internet. Hopefully my eyes don't wander into something awful. Timing is key for that luckily, because the mods do their job well.

Great, apparently the composer also spoiled the entire game in a Spanish interview and now additional details from that are making their rounds too.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Just checked them out since I didn't think it could be THAT bad.

Yeah uh, they ARE that bad, and it...yeah. VERY descriptive.

Andrew.

Banned
I just cant get hyped for this game (Infinite drained me) even though I already have the Survival edition preordered.

I know story is everything in this and Im sure the ending will be depressing as fuck, but for some odd reason I just dont care that much even if I get spoiled on it. It's very strange for me to feel this way. Im definitely more focused on the gameplay, AI and testing the limits as to what Ill be able to do. Ill probably go digging around later and see what I find.

Andrew.

Banned
Basically, I just need to go about my normal day and spend all my time on neoGAF. Gotcha :)

As I stated earlier, if you think GAF is a safe place to hide you're only kidding yourself. This is the kind of situation where people want to suicide bomb their accounts in this fashion because its GAF.

Plenty of account suicides occurred here for Bioshock Infinite. In time, you will see the same happen for TLOU.

I've slept on it. Perhaps to see if I can mellow out on this issue in any way. Here are my thoughts.

Fuck fuck fuck shit fuck shit fuck goddammit Naughty Dog why goddammit ahhhhh fuck shit fuck shit with my luck, internet will spoil it for me like with Bioshock Infinite, fuck shit fuck shit fuck shit fuck shit fuck shit fuck shit fuck shit fuck shit fuck shit fuck shit fuck shit fuck shit fuck shit fuck shit fuck shit fuck shit fuck shit fuck shit fuck shit fuck shit fuck shit fuck shit fuck shit fuck shit fuck shit fuck shit fuck shit fuck shit fuck shit fuck shit

steve-carrell-officeheyd3.gif

Marleyman

Banned
I don't care if I read them or not honestly. I was just reading a site mentioning GAF as one of the sites that have spoiled it already.

Gorillaz

Great, apparently the composer also spoiled the entire game in a Spanish interview and now additional details from that are making their rounds too.

This isn't intentional right? because it's just way to simple how they basically let all of the game in the open and it's not even June yet. It's almost like it was just careless.

And we havn't heard shit on the MP still

No reactions from Naughty Dog? Arne?

They have to admit it. For their fans, they'd need to warn them. People are going to be pissed. Sales will be affected. I didnt buy HR because of spoilers.

E3 is the week before... not going to be able to read any comments on whatever stream I watch is going to be tough.

ND messed up big for sure. I know it won't happen but getting that game out a few weeks early would be nice.

Timing is key for that luckily, because the mods do their job well.

They dont even have their MP beta out. They need to cut that, and just release the game. I really would rather put up with the MP they have and have them patch it down the road than go through the beta phasing.

I guess the big thing holding them back is advertising/production?

As for the mods on here, I'd hope they filter comments and even new thread submissions. I know that's a lot of work, but I'm pretty much going to have to go on a blackout.

You didn't buy Human Revolution

Heavy Rain lol

Can't wait for the game to release. I won't be buying it on launch but then the appeal of spoilers diminish. Just a little bit longer. Just a little bit longer. Jokes on people if they PM me, I only check them here. :p

This isn't intentional right? because it's just way to simple how they basically let all of the game in the open and it's not even June yet. It's almost like it was just careless.

And we havn't heard shit on the MP still
He probably thought the plot was public or something. He just talks about the entire plot in a casual way when asked what the plot is about lol

They have to admit it. For their fans, they'd need to warn them. People are going to be pissed. Sales will be affected. I didnt buy HR because of spoilers.

They dont even have their MP beta out. They need to cut that, and just release the game.
Spoilers suck but I think you may be taking this a little too seriously.

You didn't buy Human Revolution because of spoilers? I played that whole game, honestly I barely remember the plot. It was the gameplay and the atmosphere that made that game great, not the story.

Ce-Lin

I'm just reading the opening post by Nirolak in this thread, for sure this is the place where some suicide account will strike with a major spoiler.

I won't be getting the game so I saw the spoilers, and they seem pretty legit and would ruin a lot of the game. So I very strongly suggest people be careful.

Mik_Pad

Banned
When there are situations like this I always read threads starting from the last post, that way there is a high chance someone will be complaining about someone posting spoilers and you can avoid them. That's how I avoided the spoilers posted on The BioShock Infinite OT.

Eccocid

You didn't buy Human Revolution because of spoilers? I played that whole game, honestly I barely remember the plot. It was the gameplay and the atmosphere that made that game great, not the story.

I think he meant Heavy Rain !?

Goddamnit, this shit happened with ME3 and for the first time ever I actually posted right after some ass spoiled everything.

Keep your finger on that trigger Nirolak.

Vally

Unfortunately, it's legit.

UPDATE:

I've heard reports that the leaks have been spotted:

IGN forums
IGN comments
Reddit's /r/Games
Reddit's /r/Gaming
4chan's /v/
4chan's /b/
YouTube comments
Pastebin - STAY AWAY FROM PASTEBIN
Sony's community forums
Eurogamer comments
Eurogamer forums
GameSpot comments
GameSpot forums
PM'ing innocent Redditors
PM'ing innocent PSN users
PM'ing innocent XBL users

It's getting really bad.

Wow, that's a shitty thing to do :/

I'm planning on getting this game day one, so I hope I don't get spoiled until then... shouldn't be a problem since GAF is pretty much the only site I visit and I trust the mods to do their job

I don't understand how a company like ND could fuck something like this up this badly. All cutscene file references in a demo? Cutscene files having detail-descriptive filenames? Sheesh.

antitrop

I couldn't even make it 48 hours without getting spoiled for Bioshock Infinite, we stand no choice for an entire fucking month and a half.

I can't think of a single sentence about Deus Ex that would make anyone upset about ruining the plot, although I do understand why certain people take them very seriously.

As I said earlier, having Bioshock spoiled did not ruin my experience in any way, but I still would rather have not known what happens in the ending and I would rather not know jack shit about The Last of Us when I play it next month.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
It wasn't that big of a deal to me when it happened, but now the delay kind of pisses me off. Don't get me wrong, I will still be getting the game day one, but now that my classes are done I have a month of free-time that could have been used to be playing The Last of Us, and now instead I have to spend this month worried that I will somehow come across potential game-ruining spoilers while browsing the Internet. It also doesn't help that my summer classes start the same week of release. :/

Outside of avoiding the websites that have already been hit, I suggest avoiding this thread and all other big upcoming threads as they are happening live. A poster above suggested reading the thread from top to bottom so posters will be posting about a suicide spoiler account post if it has already happened within the thread; I agree.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Glad to hear. Worst thing that happens with these things is you're spoiled and have no desire to play anymore.

I can't speak for everyone but there is a huge chance that some people mildly interested will not grab it after finding out the whole story from these titles.

I'll take a wild guess: one of them dies.

Same goes for LG.

I'll have to make sure I won't spoil myself. Youtube is the one I fear the most.

In all seriousness, if I may I make a recommendation to the mods (one which I am sure has been made before), please add a Spoiler Tag button (in the same vein as the QUOTE wrap and IMG wrap functions).

I have been spoiled by accidental typos. For example:

[spioler]Omg, the princess was totally in another castle the whole time![/spoiler]

MYeager

I can't speak for everyone but there is a huge chance that some people mildly interested will not grab it after finding out the whole story from these titles.

I read the titles and it actually made me more interested in the game. The titles are extremely brief and don't provide context about the situations. It's be like reading about the end of Star Wars and reading End-DeathStar-Destroyed and then writing off the movie based off of only that information. I wouldn't ever spoil what I read for anyone else, but I'm now more interested to see how they handle the story based on the titles.

Top Bottom