• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warning: The Last of Us' entire plot leaked, be wary of spoilers [in lots of places]

Sophia

How descriptive were these titles? How could just the cutscene titles spoil the entire game?

I mean, I wouldn't get major spoilers by looking at the list of chapters on a DVD...

It's likely that these descriptors were meant to be revealed after the plot events in question happened.

I'm torn, as this is one of the games I genuinely didn't want spoilers for in contrast to my usual attitude of not caring about spoilers.

It's likely that these descriptors were meant to be revealed after the plot events in question happened.

I'm torn, as this is one of the games I genuinely didn't want spoilers for in contrast to my usual attitude of not caring about spoilers.

Most definitely.

For example, a cutscene might be named:

"Mario defeats Bowser."

Ugh, steer clear from the IGN boards. Abandon ship!

iG4D5pgnbHKUG.gif

HardRojo

Sucks that this had to happen a whole 1.5 months away from release, I'm entering alert mode right this second, avoid everything!

Mikey Jr.

Wow, so I am essentially fucked here. I mean, I would understand with a week left, then ok, I'll survive. But a month and a half?

YEAH, I AM BONED.

Yes it's just cutscene titles, but they really are THAT bad. Naughty Dog majorly screwed up and named their cutscene titles as spoilerific as possible.

You are fucking with us, right?

Ohh Dear God. Why ND??!!

Shit.

edit:

Ok, so don't go to /b/. Check.

Don't scroll to YouTube comments. A hard one, but I'll try.

Don't go to any other forum except GAF. Except you KNOW some dumb ass junior will accidentally slip it somehow in some completely unrelated thread thinking that know one cares in an NBA thread about TLOU spoilers.

Can we temporarily suspend all juniors from making posts/threads till this crisis is over? Cutting this out because Internets.

Read all the spoilers because I'm that guy. I honestly never care about these kinds of things*. I watched a Bioshock Infinite stream ending on the day before release but still had a good time with the game.

Then again the spoilers are pretty major for this so I would indeed advise to avoid YT comments (as should be standard) and reddit/4chan

*To be fair though if someone spoiled the 3rd Zero Escape for me I would destroy them.

I would be less annoyed by this if the game was still coming out on May 9th.

But its coming out on June 14th. Going to be hard avoiding spoilers for a month and a half.

I bet someone is sending PSN messages to active users with the spoilers in them.

I would be less annoyed by this if the game was still coming out on May 9th.

But its coming out on June 14th. Going to be hard avoiding spoilers for a month and a half.

I bet someone is sending PSN messages to active users with the spoilers in them.

People on Reddit have been receiving private messages containing TLOU spoilers, so I wouldn't put it past some idiot on PSN to be doing the same thing.

Mikey Jr.

Read all the spoilers because I'm that guy. I honestly never care about these kinds of things*. I watched a Bioshock Infinite stream ending on the day before release but still had a good time with the game.

Then again the spoilers are pretty major for this so I would indeed advise to avoid YT comments (as should be standard) and reddit/4chan

*To be fair though if someone spoiled the 3rd Zero Escape for me I would destroy them.

Ok, so they are as bad as people say, right?

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
The game should have never been pushed back. I also find it bizarre that there is virtually no information regarding multi.

This is the real news here. Probably delayed by virtue of multiplayer, and lack of talk of multiplayer might indicate they've been having some on going problems.

LuuKyK

Fuck! I thought it was just some random MP info. God help us now. Im glad Im safe here. Im not going anywhere after hearing this. Thanks Niro!

From what I gather, so far there's been evidence that the leaks have appeared on:

IGN forums
Reddit's /r/Games
4chan's /v/
YouTube comments
Pastebin

Am I missing anything?

ElFly

Ok if this is true, this must be the #45899821 time a game has been spoiled via cursory inspection of the demo's code.

Jesus Christ do people not learn about this? Can't the devs strip away the game's script from a demo? What is wrong with everyone, jesus.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
So, why in the world was all this stuff on the GoW:A disk if the demo isn't actually on the disk in the first place, whose stupid decision was this?

I had Infinite spoiled in a completely random place because some nob couldn't keep his mouth closed, I was in no rush to play the game but I didn't expect someone to outline the main plot points willy nilly somewhere completely nnon-game related, I've totally been turned off getting the game now. So I'm not looking forward to the next month before this comes out.

I remember what happened when Halo 4 was coming out...Some git put the spoiler in the actual thread title. Plus it appeared in the neogaf new threads twitter page so I had no chance to ignore it. Hope the mods are well prepared and good luck to them!

Wow, so I am essentially fucked here. I mean, I would understand with a week left, then ok, I'll survive. But a month and a half?

YEAH, I AM BONED.

You are fucking with us, right?

Ohh Dear God. Why ND??!!

Shit.

edit:

Ok, so don't go to /b/. Check.

Don't scroll to YouTube comments. A hard one, but I'll try.

Don't go to any other forum except GAF. Except you KNOW some dumb ass junior will accidentally slip it somehow in some completely unrelated thread thinking that know one cares in an NBA thread about TLOU spoilers.

Can we temporarily suspend all juniors from making posts/threads till this crisis is over?

Juniors already can't make threads, and what the fuck dude?

Guys, guys: Let's spread fake spoilers, get everyone confused. That's a good solution, right?

That way, we can cover all possible outcomes. I hope some folks on other websites do that, I would feel happier if there was a whole bunch of made up spoilers on the web.

Also: Take off your PSN IDs/XBL tags on your GAF profile. If they can't get you on GAF, they'll get you there

The game should have never been pushed back. I also find it bizarre that there is virtually no information regarding multi.

Wonder if multi is the reason it was pushed back. Judging by the multiplayer spoilers:

It sounds like Uncharted Elimination mode, with less bullets/no regen health and some co-op/buddy system. I like it, but I really hate the perks! Why cant ND ever rid of these stupid wallhacks? I swear it's going to completely take the tension out of the game. I really hope it plays as well as I envision. UC3's watered down changes left a bad taste in my mouth

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I wish I had known about this a few hours ago ;_;

It is only about 4 titles that are super spoilery and even then I don't think it will ruin the game for me since it just left me wondering I WANNA KNOW HOW IT ALL HAPPENS.

But yeah if you see a pastebin link on any TLOU threads on any forum DO NOT CLICK IT no matter what they say.

Stay away from /v/ FAR AWAY they're just posting that shit everywhere.

I just want to bring to attention that there is now MORE leaked information floating around the web about The Last of Us from the same source.

This leaked information expands on the initial cutscene title leaks by revealing all of the major locations within The Last of Us and when they take place within the cutscene titles.

So basically, yet another thing to watch out for.

faridmon

I feel like I know the ending anyway, Unless ND surprise us with a twist or something.
And no, I haven't read any spoilers, nor am I spoiling anything.

TmeEffect.....I've been meaning to say this for quite a while now - your avatar is amazing!

Stolen from SimpsonsGAF OT title :D

Wait, when it the demo that came with GOW:A out?

If Im not mistaken, all the info is from that disc.

same thing happened with PlayStation All Stars' beta code

Well I guess I'm out on all things The Last of Us until I've finished the game (also have to watch out for people dropping them in random places). Thanks for the heads up.

Wait, have these been confirmed to be the legit stuff from the GOW:A disc? Has Arne commented?

Unfortunately, it's legit.

UPDATE:

I've heard reports that the leaks have been spotted:

IGN forums
IGN comments
Reddit's /r/Games
Reddit's /r/Gaming
4chan's /v/
4chan's /b/
YouTube comments
Pastebin - STAY AWAY FROM PASTEBIN
Sony's community forums