• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warzone 2 & Modern Warfare 2 announced

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Hopefully they try to attract more players than "CoD types" in Warzone 2. I'd love to see gameplay that caters to different playstyles more and more.

I'm optimistic!

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I'id feel taken in the ass if I were a Warzone player.

Losing all your progression for starting all over.

Imagine if fortnite made a new game every two year to take away people's unlocks.

Kagey K

Banned
Last CoD I played was MW (2019) and I keep thinking about trying Warzone but heard it's full of hackers.

Maybe I'll just wait and see how these turn out.

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

Another new engine? They used the same one since COD2 or something until recently. Now there making another engine so fast?

I'id feel taken in the ass if I were a Warzone player.

Losing all your progression for starting all over.

Imagine if fortnite made a new game every two year to take away people's unlocks.
I mean, they literally take away all of your unlocks on a yearly basis in regards to weapons. A move like this is necessary unfortunately, there are just too many issues with current Warzone to continue this way.

REDRZA MWS

“New” engine

Probably still built off of Quake III.
Exactly what I was thinking. I’d LOVE to be wrong, because I think the game and engine need a refresh, and since I may buy a CoD maybe every 3rd or 4th year would be nice to get a brand new engine.

The_Mike

I mean, they literally take away all of your unlocks on a yearly basis in regards to weapons. A move like this is necessary unfortunately, there are just too many issues with current Warzone to continue this way.

Theres imo a difference in having to kinda like prestige every year and then lose all skins etc.

I'd be pissed if I lost all my skins in fortnite even though I no longer play it.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
But Tom Henderson is a fake insider they said.. and only got 1 or 2 things right... :p
Like DF, people support them when its news they like and then cry about them when its something they dont like.

On Topic: I look forward to MW2. I like Vanguard quite a bit but I want the modern setting.

Theres imo a difference in having to kinda like prestige every year and then lose all skins etc.

I'd be pissed if I lost all my skins in fortnite even though I no longer play it.
Yeah, that's definitely annoying. Though I do wonder if Activision would ever be gracious enough to bring some of those elements forward. Overall, it's a learning experience to not buy skins and shit for digital items you barely see, I suppose.

The_Mike

I'm just really interested in seeing if cod comes day one to GP this year.

Insane if yes otherwise I just skip cod again this year.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
We turtling now?

1*9iOjEgveCRvQ_ZTtHAlmKQ.jpeg

In one of the clips posted above the developers said they wanted to give players more options and more playstyles. Color me happy.

Last edited:

HTK

Banned
So they could give PS5/Xbox Series X a FOV but they won't because they can't extend that feature to PS4 and Xbox One due to a performance hit. So to keep things "FAIR" they've decided NOT to give the next-gen consoles a FOV slider.

- They will force cross-play on Xbox to compete against PC players; which has an advantage of FOV on PC.
- Xbox is not getting 120fps due to Microsoft SDK tech issues; however, they will still be forced to play against PC players.
- PlayStation users can disable cross-play, but when you do the wait times are extremely high along with high ping. I'm sure the majority if not over 90% of the player base has cross-play enabled. So I guess it's okay for these players to play against PC players and their FOV advantage and their 120+ FPS advantage.

The reasoning in terms of FOV is simply not consistent therefore if they can provide the FOV for the next-gen consoles they simply should.

HTK

Banned
When they say new engine, it's the same engine used for MW 2019 with just upgrades/overhauls/feature sets, etc...

Hopefully they try to attract more players than "CoD types" in Warzone 2. I'd love to see gameplay that caters to different playstyles more and more.

I'm optimistic!
A higher TTK would might make me interested again. I haven't played since April or May after playing near daily for a year straight, so I'm curious how this shapes up.

The one thing that attracted me to Warzone was the fact that it took the godly COD gameplay feel and actually made it tactical, but it sometimes still felt like you melted instantly. I played a little Apex as well and it would be interesting to try Warzone with the survivability of Apex.

Friend thats working on MW2 said it's coming together nicely with the new engine. Couldn't give other details but that made me happy when he said new engine.

Excited for this.

Knightime_X

Trying to keep my hype in check.
Not sure if i'm excited because it's modern warfare 2 or excited because they didn't remaster mw2 mp in favor of this modern warfare 2.

God I hope this mw2 has most of what made the OG mw2 so incredible.
Maps, guns and all.

Top Bottom