• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wasteland 3 Review Thread

M.W.

Eww, not basic cable pass. I like paying full price for my games to have a "premium experience".

Well, I highly doubt it's a game I'll stick with but I'd like to try it and see how it plays. I have too many games to play right now plus 3 new games coming next week, no time man.

Doncabesa

That might have been the characters they played as well. Since there is actual skills based around not taking cover and they may have been playing on easy as the enemies throw less items that would stop you from using cover. We got flanked and attacked from all sides constantlty
Yeah the difference between easy and normal is quite high. Going above that required me to take long periods of time planning 2 or 3 moves out. Game is incredibly difficult and you have to mix things up to survive. It's only tedious/straight ahead if you're on easy mode.

JoduanER2

Wait...but I thought in all the other threads that Microsoft's studios don't have any great titles coming out and the XBox One/Series X is a barren traverse devoid of anything worth playing. And that all games that show up on Gamepass day and date are garbage.

I'm so confused--I thought the Sony apologists knew everything.

the ever present console warriors... is it necessary to start this nonsense vectorvictor?

Karak

Yeah the difference between easy and normal is quite high. Going above that required me to take long periods of time planning 2 or 3 moves out. Game is incredibly difficult and you have to mix things up to survive. It's only tedious/straight ahead if you're on easy mode.
Ya i felt the same overall. I did think that mixing friendly fire AND having any overlapping characters was hilarious if dire. Shooting a bunch of dudes and accidentally hitting your friends with the last 20 bucks worth of bullets is 2x the hurt

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I am so glad to hear this is getting good reviews. I especially liked your review as usual Karak Karak , I didn't even know you had reviewed yet (checked out GAF before I checked my e-mail today :messenger_winking: )

I loved WL2 once I got into it and have been really looking forward to this game. It looks like it's quite a big improvement technically and visually over it's predecessor. Will Friday EVER come? I'm getting so impatient to play this game!

jaysius

Banned
It always fascinates me when I see people asking why people decide to buy games. Is it suddenly some alien concept?

With subscriptions nothing is forever. It's only forever as long as you keep your sub going and provided the game doesn't get removed for whatever reason (which games can, we have seen plenty of instances of digital games being delisted over the years for a whole host of reasons).

For games that I like I prefer permanence in my library. That way I can dip in and out of them as I please, even if that's many years in the future.

Buy them when the sub lapses, they'll be on sale all the time anyway.

This thread is filled with incredibly rich people.

Last edited:
Wait...but I thought in all the other threads that Microsoft's studios don't have any great titles coming out and the XBox One/Series X is a barren traverse devoid of anything worth playing. And that all games that show up on Gamepass day and date are garbage.

Wasteland 3 is not exclusive. Wasteland 4 will be, but you'll have to wait until 2025 for that.

ZZZZ

Ya i felt the same overall. I did think that mixing friendly fire AND having any overlapping characters was hilarious if dire. Shooting a bunch of dudes and accidentally hitting your friends with the last 20 bucks worth of bullets is 2x the hurt
How's the co-op?

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Nope. I still haven't even finished Wasteland 2 and didn't played DC version. See ya in a few years from now Wasteland 3.

manfestival

You must only go into TLOU2 threads if you are really spewing this nonsense about what people say on here.

anyways, I already have the game set up to download. I am excited for this.

Doncabesa

As someone who had a powerful rocket launching wielding character... I really hated friendly fire :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
This is out already?

InXile has been pretty hit or miss for me. Bard's Tale 4 was pretty disappointing. Glad this came out decent.

GodofWhimsy

I enjoy games like this but I never seem to have the time for them :pie_frowning:

Sames. A full-time job and trying to balance video games with hobbies I deem as more productive (reading, working out, building shit) means I rarely play these super long, bloated experiences anymore. I just can't justify it. I attempted to play through both Dragon Age and KOTOR last year and had to drop them both. I just can't commit enough time to fully enjoy them.

This is coming from a guy with no kids, or social life. Can't even imagine throwing that into the mix.

Karak

As someone who had a powerful rocket launching wielding character... I really hated friendly fire :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:
I had a super powerful flame thrower. And let me tell you. I 404'ed a huge number of times. I just wasn't thinking and was like LETS DO THIS. Right out of Aliens.

Doncabesa

I had a super powerful flame thrower. And let me tell you. I 404'ed a huge number of times. I just wasn't thinking and was like LETS DO THIS. Right out of Aliens.
Yeah the flamethrower range is far more than I was used to, frigging psycho clown flamers were the worst.

anab0lic36

One of my most anticipated 2020 releases... Looks like the combat mechanics and the skill/perk system has been upgraded a good amount from the previous iteration, which is what primarily attracts me to these type of games. Though, the switch to - You move/act with everything, then enemy does the same, could actually make for less interesting tactical gameplay... Not sure how I feel about that change actually, this style of turn activation order tends to play out worse in table top miniature games IME, which is really what this genre is imitating.

For anyone wondering why there are certain outlets without a review up yet a lot of us on console didn't get code until Monday. Trying to plow through this and have a review up this morning was just not doable.

sircaw

Banned
Looks pretty good to me, very solid game, this is a good benchmark for xbox to set their games at.

More games of this quality and more people will buy xbox.

Very happy for the fans

llLeonhart

This and Tell me why are two very good reasons to be a Gamepass subscriber this month. Can't wait to dive in this weekend

jaysius

Banned
Confession time: I liked Wasteland 2 more than Divinity Original Sin 2, so I am excited as fuck for this!

Even though Wasteland 2 had dull combat mid game, and DO2 kept it all fresh with abilities and such, I finished Wasteland 2, but DO2(I LOVED 1) is a game I never finished ever.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
I loved Fextralife, said

Still gave the gameplay section an 8.5 when the core of the game IS COMBAT, but from this quote it really sounds like they hated the combat.
It sounds like they are simply describing turn based combat.

xrnzaaas

It's the closest thing you'll get to a modern day version of those games with a reasonable budget behind it.

Other than that there are these two:

Atom was nice, I wish the studio had the budget to port it to consoles.

Siri

Banned
The soul searching I just went through to find the space on my NVMe for this game... I think I need to see a psychiatrist now.

Aladin

I made disparaging comments on wasteland. How wrong was I ? Hopefully inexile commits itself to even bigger budget blockbuster games. good luck to them.

Top Bottom