Watch Dogs 60fps on PS4? [Update: 1080/60fps text removed from website]

Status
Not open for further replies.
"... in a way that only PS4 can provide, at 60 fps in 1080p" lulz

On the other hand, a bit sad that resolution and framerate are used to sell games these days... I dunno, we'll see. I wonder why Ubi would not keep up with their previous "30fps gold standard for open world games" heh :p

30-60 is not smooth...

Locked at 60 is. Locked at 30 is acceptable.

Dynamic frame-rates are messy.
I think he means it as a referance to what a developer said a while ago. I dont remember who said it unfortunately, but some developer said something about their game having a smooth framerate between 30-60fps.

I'm having serious doubt that my PC will be able to hold 60 in Watch_Dogs so I'd love to see the wizardry that makes it 60fps on PS4. That's a very silly typo if it isn't the case.

a lot of people that played the ps4 version at the recent events, said the game was running mostly at 30 fps with some dips. i highly doubt its going to run with 60 fps.

So 1080p/60fps confirmed?
"... in a way that only PS4 can provide, at 60 fps in 1080p" lulz

On the other hand, a bit sad that resolution and framerate are used to sell games these days... I dunno, we'll see. I wonder why Ubi would not keep up with their previous "30fps gold standard for open world games" heh :p
They've covered themselves by saying "with the best graphics on any console". Meaning that they're deliberately not looking at the PC version, can't blame them.

I would rather have locked 60 or locked 30 rather than the possibility of horrible tearing.

I'm on PC anyway so it's not an issue, but I wish more devs would give a choice like Titanfall did on the 360.

Status
Not open for further replies.