• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Playstation's E3 conference in movie theaters

On Demand

Banned
Normal movies can be aggravating enough to watch in theaters with everyone talking/shouting/making jokes/generally not being considerate of others. I can only imagine how terrible it would be with something like an E3 Press Conference.

I wouldn't be able to go as I'm not in America right now anyways, but I'd rather watch the show in the comfort and silence of my own home.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I'd rather watch it on PS4. Putting it on movie theaters but not on PS4 would be the utterly stupid.

I haven't been able to get my PS4 to even play a game trailer for months. Games are fine. Netflix and Vudu work perfectly in Super HD and HDX. It's just trying to stream from PSN that doesn't work.

Ace001

Why? I don't get the purpose of this.

Take note of the people in this thread who like the idea and reports of cinemas booking out. Now try to get your head around that just because it doesn't interest you, doesn't mean everyone else feels that way.

Builds excitement and community for Sony

Take note of the people in this thread who like the idea and reports of cinemas booking out. Now try to get your head around that just because it doesn't interest you, doesn't mean everyone else feels that way.

Builds excitement and community for Sony

I'm all for excitement but it's not like 43 cinema's "selling" out of tickets means that everyone is behind it either.

Good for Sony for putting it on for those fans that want to go. I hope they're giving out freebies for those that make the effor.

I personally would prefer to sit at home in my cinema of 1 and do something else whilst watching the stream.

tensuke

Hmm closest for me is Jacksonville, Columbia, or Atlanta. 2, 3, or 4 hours away. I wouldn't mind going 2 hours for a free e3 showing and Sony swag, with a buddy. Sounds exciting!

The Jason

There are no theaters available in my state but i think its awesome that sony is providing a free screenings in theaters, I've always wanted to watch the E3 press conference in one.

Cheers to sony

HeelPower

This is absolutely heartbreaking.

I am not in montreal anymore and I know exactly where this is gonna play and live very close to it.Had I known earlier I would have stayed and delayed my flight.

Guess I amnot meant to take part in this awesome event.

Tennessee was sold out when I checked...Sucks, I would have easily paid to get into this. Maybe they'll go bigger next year with more screens/cinemas.

I wonder how strict it is for the guest. Probably have to show ID?

I was able to get tickets for the TN Opry Mills Mall one and chose my GF as my guest but she doesn't want to go. Who'd a thunk?

Radec

Hype level increased

iKrEzh3Bl9oMr.gif

holy shit.
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Giggzy

The duplicate name thing is a glitch and it happens to everyone that entered two people.

I think it's only happening to people that used the same email for both attendees. I put my email and my girlfriends and my ticket has each of our names.

rjinaz

Is this first come first serve or what ?

Yes, well there were tickets.. Most tickets went fast and then there was the waitlists which also filled up quickly. Some sold out within the hour others within a few hours.

Edit: Looks like tickets still available in places like Anchorage. Some waitlists as well.

I'm calling it now. Sony will give out the VR headsets to watch the E3 at the theaters and let the people who attend keep them. What better way to show us what the thing can do? Plus it's safe to say that 95% of the people going are real Sony fans and will have nothing but good things to say about the device. They'll go and spread the word

hope they provide free drinks and popcorn. that's usually what happens when the theatres in my area do free screenings of stuff

It depends; some advance screenings straight up just give you the movie and nothing more, but some special ones/most TV ones will give you popcorn and soda. If I had to guess, 30/70 in terms of yes/no

wtf? is that girl crying?

Imagine waiting for something for years with no idea of when you'll find out anything.

Then imagine that news getting sprung on you with literally zero notice.

I'm calling it now. Sony will give out the VR headsets to watch the E3 at the theaters and let the people who attend keep them. What better way to show us what the thing can do? Plus it's safe to say that 95% of the people going are real Sony fans and will have nothing but good things to say about the device. They'll go and spread the word

Highly unlikely, the theaters they picked are the ones that NCM uses to do live events. Also I highly doubt the VR is ready atm.

Tratorn

Lol, someone will really be disappointed.
It'll probably be a Destiny beta code or something like that. :p

SDCowboy

Imagine waiting for something for years with no idea of when you'll find out anything.

Then imagine that news getting sprung on you with literally zero notice.
I don't have to imagine. I played and love the first two games when they came out when I was in middle/high school. Been eagerly waiting for the 3rd every since. The unveiling didn't have me weeping or rolling around on the floor screaming though. Some of these reactions seem a little overboard. lol

I don't have to imagine. I played and love the first two games when they came out when I was in middle/high school. Been eagerly waiting for the 3rd every since. The unveiling didn't have me weeping or rolling out on the floor screaming though. Some of these reactions seem crazy. lol

Take what I said above and then add being a teenage girl, then :p

Lol, someone will really be disappointed.
It'll probably be a Destiny beta code or something like that. :p
I won't be disappointed, I'm not interested in the VR headset at all. I would actually prefer to watch the event with out it. And I doubt it would be a destiny beta code because I'm sure most of us already have one.

Top Bottom