• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Playstation's E3 conference in movie theaters

Ponn

Banned
Last time I went to a PSBlog event in Toronto, we received gloves, a hat, a t-shirt, and vouchers for 1 month of PS+. Some games were also given away like Gran Turismo 5 and Uncharted 3, but not everyone got one.

Partially to try and stir the pot and get the hype train up with speculation, but I think this is a bit different. This is a massive PR event for them and i'm almost positive they will do something with this on stage at E3. Secondly they have been enjoying really one upping MS in the PR dept and this would be an opportunity to one up them big time. "Oh hey remember when MS gave Xbox 360's to the media at that one E3? Well we are giving so and so to 15,000 of our everyday fans right now!" Lastly when you watch the trailer they made for this they made an awful big point at the end with the ominous sounding "and a SURPRISE GIFT to those that attend" If it was just a shirt or a PS plus card thats not something you draw that much attention or call a surprise gift and they would get backlash for that.

This is Sony though, one year of great moves doesn't mean they are magically competent or generous forever now. Probably a copy of Knack.

Partially to try and stir the pot and get the hype train up with speculation, but I think this is a bit different. This is a massive PR event for them and i'm almost positive they will do something with this on stage at E3. Secondly they have been enjoying really one upping MS in the PR dept and this would be an opportunity to one up them big time. "Oh hey remember when MS gave Xbox 360's to the media at that one E3? Well we are giving so and so to 15,000 of our everyday fans right now!" Lastly when you watch the trailer they made for this they made an awful big point at the end with the ominous sounding "and a SURPRISE GIFT to those that attend" If it was just a shirt or a PS plus card thats not something you draw that much attention or call a surprise gift and they would get backlash for that.

This is Sony though, one year of great moves doesn't mean they are magically competent or generous forever now. Probably a copy of Knack.

This is my thought, too. This is a significantly bigger undertaking than the UC2/Beyond ones they've done before, and those had fantastic things for fans (I think everybody who went to them got a free copy of UC2?). Scale and all, though...

And yeah, the fact that they're leading with PLAYSTATION SURPRISE front and center means to me, at minimum, it's probably exclusive to the people going to the theaters.

andycapps

what if they actually give us VitaTVs? mind blow

That would be incredible, but I'm expecting something more like a download for a PSN game and a Sony tshirt or key lanyard type thing. If Adam Sessler can't get a free piece of hardware, I doubt we will.

Got two tickets for the San Antonio showing, but that's like, crazy far on the north side.

Still, to see some Destiny trailer on the big screen would be daaaamn nifty.

Watched a bunch of KH3 reaction videos today. Man that game has some seriously hatdcore and slightly scary fans!

I love their reactions more than the reveal itself.

geomon

I want to see the reaction on wonder book 2!

toht-gif16.gif

After they announce the cancellation of the Last Guardian they will lock all doors and throw a big pile of weapons in front of the crowd, each movie theater will have to battle it out until only one remains standing.

The winner of each city will face the other winners until only one remains, the final survivor of the royal battle will be awarded with a coveted high level job in the videogame industry, not as a tester but the one in charge of bringing the morning Coffee to Cerni and Yoshida.

Webpisodes off all the battles will be available for download on PSN store.

rjinaz

but crying though? over a video game reveal?

Doesn't take much to make me cry to be honest. I tear up over the simplest things. If something makes me sad or really happy like a tv show or movie. Some people are just like that. There's nothing wrong with that, they just have a lot of passion for gaming just like pretty much everybody else that visits the forum.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
And yet people said that pres conference was disappointing.
You had to be there. FF15 and KH3 re-reveal and reveal were megatons. So was the DRM at the time. A lot of pent up emotions where released then. But, people like to focus on how The Order was the only AAA Sony game announced.
wtf? is that girl crying?
This was my reaction.
"Can't believe they're wasting my time with KH2.5. Nope, can't be KH3. Nope. No. No. No. No. NO! *Logo Flash* YES!!! YESSSSSS!!! "

Followed by stunned silence for the rest of the trailer. I was pretty torn up after that. Pretty sure I shed a couple of tears. A decade of silence and spin-offs and torture and out of the clear blue sky, KH3. Because of how insanely nostalgic people are for KH, I don't think there's any reveal that would/could/or will ever top that. I would've loved to be in a theater for that.

spwolf

I'm calling it now. Sony will give out the VR headsets to watch the E3 at the theaters and let the people who attend keep them. What better way to show us what the thing can do? Plus it's safe to say that 95% of the people going are real Sony fans and will have nothing but good things to say about the device. They'll go and pread the word

hm, i would preffer 50" TV... it doesnt have to be 4K.

I would spread the word about Sony greatness until I die.

Trojan

Minneapolis is sold out already...waiting line status for this guy. Wondering how early I should show up in order to get in?

farisr

NICE. Landed tickets for Yonge and Dundas in Toronto!

Anyone else going to the Younge and Dundas one in Toronto? Just registered and wouldn't mind getting together with some fellow gaf users.

Registered, and I'll be there at Yonge & Dundas downtown Toronto baby! With my wife!

I'll be there bros and sis. I plan to stand up and shout GAF before the show begins. :p

I will be there :)

Just signed up for the one in Toronto. :D

Got a ticket for the Toronto theater. Can't wait :D

Reserved 2 for Toronto. Are people getting confirmations already?

I'll likely be at the Toronto. Sweet stuff.

Signed up for Toronto. Lets see what happens...

Going to the Yonge and Dundas one in Toronto

hype

1ekk5xjpg.gif

In for the Toronto showing, see you there TorontoAndSurroundingAreaGAF.

Going to be hitting it up in Toronto, Vita in hand, with another lurker GAFer.

Hype train has reached maximum levels of overload on the back of this.

Got my ticket for Toronto.

Really hoping for an Oprah-like giveaway!

Got my 2 tix for Toronto. Not sure if I'll make it but going to try..I'm hoping the free gift is either 1 year of PS plus or even a year of PlayStation Now..

Toronto Cineplex Yonge & Dundas

I'll be there.

I shall be joining all of you if my leg heals in time.

Eterniti

Just wanted to follow-up and see if there's a Google Docs sheet with a list of the people going to the event. I know I saw a post that had a link, but the current sheet has been locked for viewing only and it's not actually linked on the OP.

rjinaz

Just wanted to follow-up and see if there's a Google Docs sheet with a list of the people going to the event. I know I saw a post that had a link, but the current sheet has been locked for viewing only and it's not actually linked on the OP.

I'll send you a pm.

Edit: Sent one to MortalMonkey as well

Top Bottom