• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs 2 Review Thread - Make Cyber-Love not Cyber-War

Karak

Ouch got that email today. They dropped seamless from the release. Jezuz that was a good deal of my fun despite the performance stuff. Can't remember the last time they just dropped something to rework it. Luckily the other MP stuff works.

malfcn

Wonder how long it will take to patch the seamless mode back in. Should get some dlc for advertising on the box and not delivering.

Karak

Wonder how long it will take to patch the seamless mode back in. Should get some dlc for advertising on the box and not delivering.

Not sure. I am pretty sure its their #1 priority so that folks get it while the playing population is high.

samred

Ars Technica's review: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/11/watch-dogs-2-will-hack-your-open-world-gaming-expectations/

The series returns in this week's Watch Dogs 2, a game that now lets players fight more than crime. This go-'round, they fight the entire system, man. What's more, they do so with more powers, more choices, and a much better mix of plot, dialogue, and likable characters.

It's not a perfect experience by any stretch. Technical hiccups and pacing issues are glaring enough to leave Grand Theft Auto V's open-world crown unmoved—but just barely. Watch Dogs 2 builds upon a pretty good foundation from the last game with most of the trappings you'll want from a zillions-of-hours open-world quest.

Aters

GTA V has a bad story, extremely scripted missions, and terrible on-foot movement and shooting mechanics but still managed to get 9/10 scores across the map. These open-world games are a sum of their parts and a few bad mechanics aren't enough to bring them down.

Oh you just reminded me why I hate sandbox games. Nothing stands out in these games.

Top Bottom