• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs original graphical effects (E3 2012/13) found in game files [PC]

Other games like Uncharted 4 & the upcoming GTAV port on PS4/PC embarrasses the hell out of this game graphically.

to be fair, we've only seen a like 3 seconds of nathan's face... and beauty shots of GTAV (watchdogs looked alright in trailers too!).

And its a given that in game form, LA would look better than chicago.;)

Faith

0.8 screenshots

iOzp1uWYXKQUa.png

ikv9sV7OPiyVt.png

i0PVo2GsmKhem.png

iAeK0ZKOzvvhr.png

i9N2VHcLt9Zb2.png

ievr1RYE9C3hu.png

itFeNf91trFXK.png

iWraS2lR2v3ap.png

Hard to see differences. Looks pretty similar to what we have now to be honest.

I think there' a limit to how much the game can change with these shaders, sadly.

Ibuki

Banned
I'm sorry for being late here, but what is wrong with the PC version? I was planning to buy it today but it sounds like it isn't too hot.

b0bbyJ03

I'm sorry for being late here, but what is wrong with the PC version? I was planning to buy it today but it sounds like it isn't too hot.

There is an issue with the texture streaming. Regardless of how high end your rig is you will get a ton of stuttering if you set your textures to ultra. its impossible to keep a steady frame rate in the game.

Faith

There is an issue with the texture streaming. Regardless of how high end your rig is you will get a ton of stuttering if you set your textures to ultra. its impossible to keep a steady frame rate in the game.
Just download the Ubisoft patch and Maldos texture patch. Should fix it.

Ibuki

Banned
I don't think I can run it on Ultra anyways so I think I'd be ok. Is Ultra required to take advantage of the mod? Thanks for the answers guys.

R_Deckard

Unbelievable... it seems UBI are breaking the roof of shame already.

http://whatifgaming.com/the-division-developer-insider-we-already-downgraded-a-few-things

"UPDATED 2nd Response from The Division Developer: Truth be told in regards to your question that while ‘Yes’ the lead platform is the PC, we simply cannot have such a big gap. As you know when the first WATCH DOGS Review was published by that one site, Ubisoft called it a “false review” and I am sure everyone can see how bad that sounded when they saw the game did look marginally better than something that was a last generation GTA IV. But no, they will not admit that they practice this or actively downgrade a game. It is much easier to say they removed things for stability which is often a lie as you can tell by the post-issues which are expected in any production we do."

hmmm ok, so a big Front Page dev from Massive contacts a randon unheard of website with very, very questionable articles and "journalism" and drops the skinny on all the underhand shenanigans including the HUGE downgrade (That I did not see from the E3 2014 X1 demo.. and if that was PC then they had AA turned off) why not IGN or Gamespot or DF....yeah forgive me if I take the advised pinch of salt with the whole jar!

Tales from ass made into article, still tales from ass.

Massive just confirmed a few weeks ago that Ps4 is lead plattform and will stay lead plattform when rumors spread that Microsoft paid money to make XboxOne lead plattform.

Yeah pretty much

AmyS

When I eventually do get a gaming PC, which will be based around an 8-core/16 thread Intel CPU and an Nvidia Maxwell / GTX 8xx card of some kind, I hope to be able to play Watch Dogs with some future patch from TheWorse with as much of the 2012 graphics as possible. Hopefully there will be a version of Watch Dogs around then that isn't 'patched' by Ubi that removes the work done by the community,

Looks like I'm waiting until the next version. The color grading he showed in some screens looked pretty bad....

actually ive only noticed the difference that at night it looks much darker, actually looks like "night". I got invaded by a guy under a highway overpass and it was hard to see him, had to goad him out of cover and into the street by moving around wildly before I could profile him. The darkness was certainly adding intensity to getting invaded at night. You really gotta look for em.

I will say that being able to adjust the Bloom Intensity to "0" is a godsend, especially at night.

Damian.

Banned
0.8 with the Maldo texture patch produced pretty bad stuttering for me. I still have to use 0.7 with high textures and 1/2 refresh rate v-sync (30hz) to get a mostly stutter free experience.

This is beating a dead horse, but it has to be said again. Ubisoft is absolutely fucking pathetic in their development skills on the PC platform. It's mindblowing the level of complete incompetence they consistently show.

So did Maldo do anything with the textures? Were there any new updates to this? Did anyone actually manage to get this to run in any satisfying manner on a PC?

I probably wouldn't have a problem with using medium textures if they didn't look so atrocious.

This is beating a dead horse, but it has to be said again. Ubisoft is absolutely fucking pathetic in their development skills on the PC platform. It's mindblowing the level of complete incompetence they consistently show.

I think that horse is alive and well. It can't be said enough how awful and disappointing this experience was. I just bought a new laptop and this was the first big game to come out since I bought it so I splurged and bought it + the season pass. One of my most regretful purchases. I hope they fix it soon.

With that said... Anyone with an 880M SLI Setup having any kind of success? I want to compare settings/specs with someone.

So did Maldo do anything with the textures? Were there any new updates to this? Did anyone actually manage to get this to run in any satisfying manner on a PC?

I probably wouldn't have a problem with using medium textures if they didn't look so atrocious.

TheWorse just released an updated version of his mod, its 140mb and it updated a few textures, I'm playing with medium textures and I'm noticing some high/ultra quality textures were added like the water for example, the base grass/vegetation as well and even tree textures with no performance decrease to vanilla medium.

Looks great, only thing i would lessen a bit if the strong fog in this version and i'd increase the speed at which the DOF for the standing camera focuses (make it faster). But the DOF intensity is perfect, gives than nice Bokeh DOF look when you want it to.

http://www.theworsemod.blogspot.com/

Vlaphor

Just installed the newest version of the mod, now the game is unplayably choppy. Luckily, i backed up the games regular files. Hopefully the next version will work better.

.99 is out. Anyone used it yet? I've officially put this game on the shelf until the ridiculous stuttering has been taken care of. I can't even drive a vehicle without crashing and/or running people over because I literally just can't control it half of the time. This is my biggest game purchase regret that I can think of.

Edit: 1.0 is actually out...

Denton

.99 is out. Anyone used it yet? I've officially put this game on the shelf until the ridiculous stuttering has been taken care of. I can't even drive a vehicle without crashing and/or running people over because I literally just can't control it half of the time. This is my biggest game purchase regret that I can think of.

Edit: 1.0 is actually out...

On my PC, I got rid of stuttering completely by playing in windowed borderless (1080p/ultra spec, with textures high).

The Llama

Been happily using 0.8, guess I'll update to 1.0 and see how I like it. Been hoping Ubi would patch it and improve performance (would be nice to get 60 FPS on my R9 290...) but I kinda gave up hope on that a while ago tbh.

Been hoping Ubi would patch it and improve performance (would be nice to get 60 FPS on my R9 290...) but I kinda gave up hope on that a while ago tbh.

It's pretty fucking ridiculous. I will absolutely not be buying any more Ubi games on day one. Hopefully Far Cry 4 turns out well, but I'll be waiting to hear from others before I jump in.

The Llama

It's pretty fucking ridiculous. I will absolutely not be buying any more Ubi games on day one. Hopefully Far Cry 4 turns out well, but I'll be waiting to hear from others before I jump in.

I say it all the time, but I'll never understand why people buy stuff on day 1, especially on PC... Just doesn't make sense. At least wait until reviewers/consumers have it so you can see what you're getting into!

I say it all the time, but I'll never understand why people buy stuff on day 1, especially on PC... Just doesn't make sense. At least wait until reviewers/consumers have it so you can see what you're getting into!

I got it for $23 or whatever stupid low price it was on Origin. I couldn't resist. Besides, if you want to play a game, you want to play a game.

Not that that's the case here. But, something like Witcher 3 or the Arkham games I know I want. It doesn't matter what reviewers or even other users have to say. Reviews are for games I'm not sure about my interest in. Or, now, Ubisoft games.

EDIT: It was $25 dollars.

Top Bottom